Sign in to follow this  
freq

Half the cooldowns for non-premium players

I've always thought this was a bit ridiculous, and have heard a lot of people discuss it throughout the years.

I think everyone should have the 2 minute cooldown for field supply/nitro, instead of it being a premium benefit. The cash and standing bonus, along with the increased customization limits are more than enough of an incentive, imo.

Edited by freq
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I agree, that's some advantage there.

i actually have been on and off of premium many of times and still ended up forgetting this is even a thing. i dont think this changes the balance of the game enough to really worry about it

though i can see how this is a direct upgrade and could have a "pay to win" [as much as i hate that term] label added to it. i dont think the minute off cooldown will ever blatantly win some one a game. so it should be put under the idea "pay for an ever so slight convenience"

my logic behind this is that most fights on objectives tend to last longer than the cooldown of even a non premium player, combined with the fact that even the furthest away objective wont allow for 2 uses in one travel without massive interference along the way.

Just now, Hyenard said:

i dont think the minute off cooldown will ever blatantly win some one a game. so it should be put under the idea "pay for an ever so slight convenience"

It's halved, from four to two minutes with premium. Especially for using nitro in your car this difference is apparent if you ask me.

1 minute ago, freq said:

It's halved, from four to two minutes with premium. Especially for using nitro in your car this difference is apparent if you ask me.

Nitro in a car with premium is 1 minute. free players sit at 2 minutes. 

Ammo does sit at 4 for free and 2 for premium, but i still think my main arguement stands. most players wont fir the criteria for the affect to matter. in order for it to make a difference the player must A - stay alive long enough to need the ability twice. B - use up enough ammo to need the skill 2 times within that time limit. and C - have no access to any team mate having any ammo drop. the consumable ammo drop, or a car mounted ammo station.

facts are, its very hard to get a lot of use out of that skill for the average player who tends to die and respawn with full ammo before using up his reserves in the first place.

on the ammo note, most players are not able to survive long enough to run out of ammo without any source of ammo showing up for them. I stand by my statement that this barely affect the game and there are much more important tasks at hand before considering this, while also holding to the idea that this could use a tweak. I simply do not think it impacts the game enough for a "pay to win" label.

Pay to win in my eyes is something that impacts the game directly to the point of making it very hard to deal with for any player outside of the loop on these subjects.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hyenard said:

Ammo does sit at 4 for free and 2 for premium, but i still think my main arguement stands. most players wont fir the criteria for the affect to matter. in order for it to make a difference the player must A - stay alive long enough to need the ability twice. B - use up enough ammo to need the skill 2 times within that time limit. and C - have no access to any team mate having any ammo drop. the consumable ammo drop, or a car mounted ammo station.

facts are, its very hard to get a lot of use out of that skill for the average player who tends to die and respawn with full ammo before using up his reserves in the first place.

on the ammo note, most players are not able to survive long enough to run out of ammo without any source of ammo showing up for them. I stand by my statement that this barely affect the game and there are much more important tasks at hand before considering this, while also holding to the idea that this could use a tweak. I simply do not think it impacts the game enough for a "pay to win" label.

Pay to win in my eyes is something that impacts the game directly to the point of making it very hard to deal with for any player outside of the loop on these subjects.

My bad, I forgot the timers were different. I do still think it's a very significant difference for nitro in particular, you'd get to use it much more frequently during a mission.

As for the whole concept of lowering the cooldowns in general, it just seems unnecessary to gate this behind premium.

1 minute ago, freq said:

My bad, I forgot the timers were different. I do still think it's a very significant difference for nitro in particular, you'd get to use it much more frequently during a mission.

As for the whole concept of lowering the cooldowns in general, it just seems unnecessary to gate this behind premium.

I agree with your wording more here. it is a silly thing to put behind a pay wall. but facts are a company needs to make money off a game. it is hard to find something worth the money to a player.

I personally think there should be no pay wall behind the amount of symbols you can use for cars and character creation. a character is the players personality showing through. if a player can feel more attached to a char, they will be more likely to log back in to see their own custom character and creations. most players agree that the customization is one of the best around and a huge part of the game as a core. limiting free players to only have the most basic of symbols on their car forces them to never fall in love with their character and vehicles. they are just reminders that you cant do what you want  to do so badly, which is not a great feeling in a game.

I would like to see more leniency for free players in this area. This could include a higher symbol cap and a few free kits to choose from as well as more free clothing options.

right now only the basics are given to free players.

At the end of the day. its a buisiness and they need to make money somewhere. We as the player can only hope that they find a good medium that we can agree on.

1 hour ago, Hyenard said:

Every brown modification has halved cooldown which also means the Blowtorch. Which means you can survive better in car chases if it happens, since you can use your Nitro more frequently, as well as your Torch to keep the car fixed against enemy fire.

When i got into the game, the limited customziation options we have were exactly enough to test the waters of what can be done, and when wanted more then i dished out some to get the full expirience of it, having halved cooldowns for premiums only is dumb.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't know if the cooldowns are the main issue here, more of the principle that it is put behind a paywall to begin with, like Hyenard said. I don't think it being 2, 4, or even if it was 6 minutes makes a drastic difference in who wins missions, even including nitro and torch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, freq said:

I've always thought this was a bit ridiculous, and have heard a lot of people discuss it throughout the years.

I think everyone should have the 2 minute cooldown for field supply/nitro, instead of it being a premium benefit. The cash and standing bonus, along with the increased customization limits are more than enough of an incentive, imo.

Indeed. The cooldown advantage is actually pay2win.

Edited by xNyuu
  • Like 1

I think that the cooldown difference should be removed.

When using nitro to get to a point, if you die the nitro counter is not reset. This means next time you use your car to get back to the action (quite often necessary due to the spawning system) you will not have nitro available if you do not have premium.

Ammo case I don't have an issue with because I don't see it as a very good ability anyway. If the armoured ammo case was introduced I may have an issue with it then.

Things like blowtorch, spotter, radar jammer and possibly meteor are all fairly strong abilities that I think are unfair if allowed to be used more often by premium players.

You can solve it having premium...  Thats the point, deal with it. =S

Currently i am not premium in the game.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Reducing the cooldowns for f2p players would help a great deal to get rid off the p2w stigma around the game.

21 minutes ago, Outta_CTRL said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Reducing the cooldowns for f2p players would help a great deal to get rid off the p2w stigma around the game.

While I agree, none of those "P2W game lists" etc. have ever mentioned that. They always only mentioned premium is there and that it costs a lot (10 per month is a lot - but it in case of APB it isn'T even necessary! (well apart from cooldowns to some degree))... (And maybe how expensive a perm weapon outside of sales at max is)

And people who complain about p2w in Steam reviews are always referring to weapons (that partly were actually broken 4+ years ago) as well as people having more slots on weapons (which can be used for the same mods you on preset weapons and also feature quite some downsides)

Aaaand that you gotta lease weapons and thus having multiple loadout options (read: 2-3 more primaries and like 1-2 more secondaries (each for the price of like 5 missions)) "is only possible with permanent weapon unless you do some major grind (yes, the 5 missions) or pay real money" - and that, if you pause for 2 weeks you are stuck with the starting weapons again.

(To be fair, weapons with slots and the high rank presets are quite expensive ingame... But you only need like a N-TEC Kasatka v2 in most situations)

Sorry, I don't have proper sources for those ridiculous statements right now but this is what I recall and like 1:0,8 what actual people said.

But yes:

It would remove like the last bit of P2W from the game - but the stigma most likely will stay unless LO does some massive promo work. And even then...

Edited by ❤BR)))❤

8 hours ago, xNyuu said:

Indeed. The cooldown advantage is actually pay2win.

Its actually not if you l2p.

It do not interfere the gameplay and do not prevent you to kill enemies or complete objectives.

And i mostly play without premium. From my point of view, i wouldnt adquire it at all without the 50% less cd.

23 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Its actually not if you l2p.

It do not interfere the gameplay and do not prevent you to kill enemies or complete objectives.

And i mostly play without premium. From my point of view, i wouldnt adquire it at all without the 50% less cd.

What the people never seem to understand, life is not about talent or opinions, it's about facts.

🤔

Edited by xNyuu
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, xNyuu said:

What the people never seem to understand, life is not about talent or opinions, it's about facts.

🤔

And fact is that it doesnt really affect your gameplay, much. You will learn to save your ammo and nitro for the right moment and not spamming it and you wont have absolut problem.

I am f2p for most of the time, rarely i had prem, and i am not crying for p2w. You need to deal with it and take that fact, you like it or not.

10 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

And fact is that it doesnt really affect your gameplay, much. You will learn to save your ammo and nitro for the right moment and not spamming it and you wont have absolut problem.

I am f2p for most of the time, rarely i had prem, and i am not crying for p2w. You need to deal with it and take that fact, you like it or not.

Fact is, mod-timer advantage is pay-to-win. I'm f2p too and I also have no problems. Stop trying to chat on a forum, keep your answer short and fact-checked.

Edited by xNyuu

1 hour ago, xNyuu said:

Fact is, mod-timer advantage is pay-to-win. I'm f2p too and I also have no problems. Stop trying to chat on a forum, keep your answer short and fact-checked.

And so i did.

Pay to win means that you pay, you win. Paying for reducing your item cooldown does not make you win, but your own skills.

This game is skill based, no item timer based.

Can you check that fact or not? Maybe is way to hard to understand for someone like you... i am not good doing paint drawings but if you need them to understand it better i will take the time for you 😉

And want to know yet another fact?

-Sometimes i completly forget to use nitro unless there is a carry item mission.

-I use detonator without any way to supply (the yellow ammo box runs out easily). When i need to supply or either i take risks or just aproach a joker ammo machine, spawn car or suicide against enemy (there is another little tactic by doing that that i wont mention 😜 ).

That didn't stop me enjoying the game and doing well and either needed to cry p2w, because i have learn to play the game.