xXD4v1dXx

Skateboarding/BMX'ing

Ight new Idea here... bare with me on this one guys, I get that this idea might be far fetched and the game still needs more improvements to even think of new game mechanics but what if little orbit were to add skateboarding and bmx'ing one day to apb? I for one would think that this would not only be dope asf 👌 but help bring in new players and stuff... Mainly skateboarding because it would fit into the whole G-King lore type feel if that makes sense, but also all factions as well in a way (sure it can be implemented in). Just ideas but add like an inside skate park to the social Area to just hang around, talk and mess around and do tricks, rework and remodel the NCSP so its bigger and possible to skate in and make the NCSP a safe zone too, free from shooting and damage. I know matt Scott has a shooting range planned for social one day because he said so himself but I just think at least an inside skate park would be a cool addition as well to Social... 

Just let me know what you guys think.

• Like 2

not a new idea, this has been brought up tremendous amounts on the old forums - what's next, zombies, motorcycles, helicopters, planes, horses, housing or pets? xd

jk

adding a skateboard as an orange mod seems kinda cool and fun but you couldnt expect like tony hawk level stunts... plus it might cause issues since you could probably reach spots you shouldn't be able to.

making anything a safezone on the map seems quite unreasonable, since right now everything outside a mission is a safezone anyway except for n/p 5s and ramraiders. if you made it a safezone and e.g. made ppl lose n/p 5 or lose their collected money, it'd effectively make the map smaller, since you couldnt use it during most activities. 

plus, if people chilled there and skated around, they might also occupy the slots in a district so matchmaking could get worse.

guess this would get solved by phasing.

maybe skating should be a social only thing. in a few years - sadly there are other priorities surrounding the basegame and adding features to social... seems a bit off right now.

however, i bet there are some difficulties to implementing skateboarding. have you ever seen that in any other open world game (except dedicated skating games lul)? not even gta has them... idk what that would be but... seems like something to think about.

(i do remember them in an mmorpg - archeage, lol. but i guess mmorpgs are a bit different lul)

even if it was in districts and even an orange mod, i guess it'd take quite some more development than your avaerage new content - and it wouldnt add too much

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

A shooting range I think was said as a potential for the future, it is not confirmed and unlikely to be in planning.

I think bikes and skateboarding is going to be a bit too complicated considering APB has character hit boxes that are 1 big unit, you can't shoot through glass barriers or vehicle windows.

There are a lot of ideas what would be fantastic in APB but the game itself is it's own limitation, After the engine upgrade the bar will be raised but not removed.

I honestly don't visualize skating in this game. It would be clunky af, like those GTA:SA mods. Biking on the other hand... Maybe as an orange mod on a toggle, in the form of a foldable bike, or only as a vehicle parked around the map. But regardless, players wouldn't buy these when you can just hop on a calabria and get better results, for free

Edited by _chain

I think the skateboard idea would be cool. It could be used as a consumable and last only a few seconds. It would help you get out of a tight situation quickly. It could work like the injection giving a brief speed boost.