So Ive been playing without premium and its complete hell.

r'lyeh cthulhu fh'tagn

Having almost never played with premium/Armas weapons, my firsthand experience is definitely that winning matches isn't much of a problem, but the freedom of using various weapons or a diverse loadout makes the game infinitely more replayable after a while. Being stuck between a unslotted STAR and tutorial gun makes the game quite boring, and any other weapons require basically a full day's worth of cash from missions for a 7-day rental.

So us f2p players are basically stuck either not earning any money for customization use, or stuck to the same 2 guns for every mission. Makes the grind real painful after the first few easy contacts, especially with the pitiful amount of standing/cash from missions 😞

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Shiniko said:

😞

Are you losing every single match you play with only one kill? 

Average match even if you lose is close to $12/1500

A 1 or 2 slot weapon is less then 20k, and you get it for 7 days. If you're having problems making money, that's entirely on you, not the game.

You can easily hit 100k in a week if you're playing a few hours a day and doing missions.

5 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

You can easily hit 100k in a week if you're playing a few hours a day and doing missions.

But if you have premium, you could make symbols and clothing, allowing you to make over 1 million in a week.

14 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:

But if you have premium, you could make symbols and clothing, allowing you to make over 1 million in a week.

Only if your clothing and symbols are worth selling, which most aren't.

16 minutes ago, Xnetexe said:

As a symbol maker this always kind of bothered me. I know it takes skill of a sort to make a symbol, but once you have you can make infinite copies and spam the marketplace forever. Once you have enough symbols, keeping the MP fully stocked takes like 5-10 minutes a day. Back when I used to charge for symbols I was bringing in over $2,000,000 a week just for stocking the MP with copies of old symbols. With that money I was easily able to buy every legendary in the game and now money is completely useless to me as I have nothing left to buy. Oh and this account is only like 16 months old and took maybe 12 months before I no longer had a need to ever make more money. 

Meanwhile, players who are 10x better than me at the game struggle to save enough money just to have all their weapons and cars modded out... and thats WITH premium.

I dunno... money in APB just kind of feels out of balance to me. 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 2

I forgot there's  a cooldown difference

4 min is a bit long for some but chances are they don't know how to aim as well *shrugs*

'Ive only used premium when buying stuff on armas so that i could afford things

sure to some a bonus cooldown seems unfair but lets face it the company has to make money as well or we cant be here and giving out a bonus for players seems ok to me

i will kill them all the same as long as i can aim properly at them in time

let's nerf thing costs and requirements into the floor

6 minutes ago, NopeTooFast said:

let's nerf thing costs and requirements into the floor

what thing

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

what thing

"is it a thing"

yes

"nerf it"

3 hours ago, NopeTooFast said:

r'lyeh cthulhu fh'tagn

did you just fucking summon cthulu in a forum post

1 minute ago, NopeTooFast said:

"is it a thing"

yes

"nerf it"

oh all the things

6 minutes ago, KNickz said:

did you just fucking summon cthulu in a forum post

to help me express the frustration of all this, yes

2 minutes ago, NopeTooFast said:

profile picture checks out

16 minutes ago, NopeTooFast said:

Brothers in arms, my weeb brethren.

7 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Brothers in arms, my weeb brethren.

who you callin a weeb

this ain't an anime pfp

Just now, NopeTooFast said:

who you callin a weeb

this ain't an anime pfp

Doesn't have to be anime to be weeb my dude.

8 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Doesn't have to be anime to be weeb my dude.

gtrgrttgrsgrtesgtsgsgtstg

Personally think that credit rewards and cooldown gives Premium players a huge advantage over f2p players. Just giving premium players extra standing and benefits in designer is good enough for me.

I have 3 and a half years of premium left so this is my actual opinion, not just cause I'm jealous of any premium player.

whats your match performance OP? yur Score and KD?

payouts are quite performance dependend. if you don't perform well, payout is crap. Thats why new players have a damn hard time.

3 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

whats your match performance OP? yur Score and KD?

payouts are quite performance dependend. if you don't perform well, payout is crap. Thats why new players have a damn hard time.

I remember playing like a week to gather enough to buy a mod from marketplace as enf when i started.

What it really boost is ramraiding and thats why that mode should be balanced, not prem.

On 6/2/2018 at 10:51 PM, Nite said:

Please no, this isn't like those themepark MMORPGs where there's plenty of things to do with your game time other than fiddle with cosmetics, cosmetics make up half of the game play in APB.......

They may make up half the game, but I don't think that just giving everyone a 100 limit on symbols is good business practice. Isn't the higher end customization more taxing on the servers? Therefore, wouldn't allowing everyone to go past that 25 symbol limit just basically be giving away bandwith? 

23 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Ive recently played without premium... I had no idea how much I relied on the shortened cooldowns. Took maybe 4 days before I caved and bought more premium. Took too many L's. 

Part of me wants to say that factor (cooldown time) should be removed, and all premium should benefit customization only, but Im not sure how that would affect the profitability of APB. So I guess, rather than doing what us vocal players want, LO should do whatever is best for the game ie: whatever will bring in more cash .

Sitting on a 30 day premium gift but can't use it til I'm unbanned (and decide that I'm gonna play apb 30 days straight, don't wanna waste any) >.>

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Ahh I dont use field supplier at all, as I find ammo box much more useful. 

I do use nitro3 though, as I main the Pioneer and it makes a huge difference. Though I cant recall actually losing a match due to not having Nitro, maybe died to an ALIG or Volcano because of it, and thats about it, but sometimes a single death can be the difference between winning and losing. As for my orange mods I tend to use spotter and blowtorch for the most part. As a solo player, spotter goes a long way to making up for not having teammates feeding you enemy movement info through voice comms. The difference between being able to activate it once every 45 seconds vs once every 90 is huge. Blowtorch is also invaluable to me as I carplay a lot and being able to repair my pioneer when I need to (every 30 seconds vs every 60) is key to that process. Sometimes I need to just harass my opp by driving through and around them til my team arrives and being able to hop out and repair real quick is a huge advantage. 

Pioneer w/ nitro and blowtorch vs Pioneer w/ brick and remote detonator? Hmm, one is faster, promotes longevity of the vehicle and is probably smarter if you care about getting to objectives faster, the other is funny as hell when you drive it into a group of enemies and blow it up. That's my form of harassment. Almost always works on each enemy the first time, then they get smart -_-

remote det is a BAD idea, very expensive if you have 100$ spawn cars and no premium