So Ive been playing without premium and its complete hell.

Holy crap Ive been playing with premium for so long that I dont even recall ever playing without it but now that Im kinda forced to I must say... I feel bad for all the free to play players.

Ive barely earned enough money to buy clotting agent 2 and a few 8 day guns and I dont even have money yet to buy a damn lvl 3 modification x-x   I think Im rocking like 50k right now and I havent spent any money on anything else.... 

^Above^ and not even being able to create anything at all completely sucks the fun out of my character cause I have to have everyone else work on it x-x

tbh the only time i notice not having premium is when i try to use field supplier and theres still a 2m cooldown

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

tbh the only time i notice not having premium is when i try to use field supplier and theres still a 2m cooldown

I feel like the advantage on cooldowns with premium is silly. It shouldn't be a thing and never should of been. It gives premium players an advantage over F2P players. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BuckyTheBronco said:

I feel like the advantage on cooldowns with premium is silly. It shouldn't be a thing and never should of been. It gives premium players an advantage over F2P players. 

agreed, its the only thing in apb i would argue is truly p2w

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

agreed, its the only thing in apb i would argue is truly p2w

110% agree. It's not the largest advantage but it certainly is something that gives a small edge. I'd love to see the re-balancing of premium as a whole. The initial gain should be larger than the premium gain. Especially when it comes to cash income. It'll offer a friendly side to F2P players, so they don't feel hindered by not having premium. Also the customization limitations should be removed as well. Having to have premium to get the full customization access for the game is silly in my opinion as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Holy crap Ive been playing with premium for so long that I dont even recall ever playing without it but now that Im kinda forced to I must say... I feel bad for all the free to play players.

Ive barely earned enough money to buy clotting agent 2 and a few 8 day guns and I dont even have money yet to buy a damn lvl 3 modification x-x   I think Im rocking like 50k right now and I havent spent any money on anything else.... 

^Above^ and not even being able to create anything at all completely sucks the fun out of my character cause I have to have everyone else work on it x-x

Bruh if you need mods n money n shizz... just hit me up, I got you fams. 

I would just gift you some premium, but yeah... thats not a thing anymore. 

Edited by CookiePuss

2 minutes ago, BuckyTheBronco said:

110% agree. It's not the largest advantage but it certainly is something that gives a small edge. I'd love to see the re-balancing of premium as a whole. The initial gain should be larger than the premium gain. Especially when it comes to cash income. It'll offer a friendly side to F2P players, so they don't feel hindered by not having premium. Also the customization limitations should be removed as well. Having to have premium to get the full customization access for the game is silly in my opinion as well. 

tbh im fine with the customization limits, id much prefer if orbit made a habit out of monetizing cosmetics as much as possible - as long as the prices are affordable

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

tbh im fine with the customization limits, id much prefer if orbit made a habit out of monetizing cosmetics as much as possible - as long as the prices are affordable

Please no, this isn't like those themepark MMORPGs where there's plenty of things to do with your game time other than fiddle with cosmetics, cosmetics make up half of the game play in APB.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Nite said:

Please no, this isn't like those themepark MMORPGs where there's plenty of things to do with your game time other than fiddle with cosmetics, cosmetics make up half of the game play in APB.......

it wouldnt be difficult at all imo, as long as you strike a good balance between f2p and slightly more frequent p2p releases - e.g. release 10 new hairstyles for free and an additional 5-10 for paying customers

perhaps "as much as possible" was a bad way to phrase it but i do think they should invest heavily in cosmetics, since thats where the game is completely unique

17 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Bruh if you need mods n money n shizz... just hit me up, I got you fams. 

I would just gift you some premium, but yeah... thats not a thing anymore. 

Gift me a Condor 😄

Just now, CookiePuss said:

U on Jericho?

Yup xP

Just now, Xaix said:

Yup xP

DM me yer info. I'll hook you up on Monday. 

yes am new player pls free stuff

Hadn't even seen this thread prior, but I decided to make a suggestion on exactly this.

Edited by freq
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

yes am new player pls free stuff

I mean... you kinda are new. New account anyways, amirite?

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean... you kinda are new. New account anyways, amirite?

very new need help

will carry for food

I never really played with premium; never had enough money to afford it. Even when they gave out codes, I just saved em and never ended up using them. Most of them ran out, but when I came back after Little Orbit took the wheel, I noticed I had a 10-day code.

I couldn't believe how much more money and contact rep I was getting, I was blown away.. I just wish I realized sooner what a difference it made because I didn't end up farming money till it was the last day and god do I regret that. I really makes me feel bad realizing how much further my character(s) could have progressed if I had premium.

Also, I agree that the customization limits and cooldowns should be taken off, cuz I mean.. why?

Most of the cool looking cosmetics are already g1c only, so why ask for even more money to be able to customize them properly?

Cooldown timers need adjusting either way, the rest is okay the way it is though.

No, you can't get everything for free, the servers/staff/taxes need to be payed, and setting the cooldowns aside you can't just expect more from being a freebie player - be glad you're allowed to play for free.

I been both premium and non premium and I never rly cared about cd. Its not that big of benefit.

But what rly concerns me is how big of a boost for farming money the premium is. Its simple math.

Non premium: Earns +-1500$ per match. But you spend like 800$ for spawning cars, ammo, nades, or even more if you use rockets. Total profit 700$/mission

Premium: Earns 1500$ + like 1800$ = 3300$. Spends 800$. Total profit 2500$/mission.

The difference in profit between premium an non premium is 2500-700=1800$!!!

Premum users profit is 3.5x bigger than non premium player!

Ok, so now what? I totaly disagree with nerfing premium benefits, but there is one thing that could be done: Make it so you need to spend less money per mission. Less money for ammo, less money for cars. Id like cancel paying for ammo. This would defenitely decrease the gap in profit between premium and non premium users.

• Like 3

Just get rid of the damn system, I came back from a 2 year long break around 2 weeks back and I still have 600 days of premium left. Once you start paying out for stuff in the Armas marketplace the game figuratively hands premium time like cheap candy. So it's either you have too much premium time so that you never even have to consider buying premium ever again or that you never spend a dime on this game and you struggle to keeps the guns you want on rental. 

Honestly I'd be in favour of them just revamping the premium system entirely as well. The cooldown benefit in my opinion definitely needs to go, because as miniscule its effect is on the balance of the game, it is still an advantage that can be paid for. I'm thinking more or less of spotter, field supplier and nitros are negligible advantages but spotter is pretty game changing if people decide to use it. 

-Remove cooldown reductions

-Have timed exclusive sales for premium members a week ahead of non-premium members. 

-More clothing, theme, vehicle, weapon slots etc. 

-More advanced tools in the symbol editor

-Keep the in-game currency increase the same but make it so that for every premium member in your team, non premium members earn 10% more

-Reduce the tariffs for ingame marketplace by 5% 

Those are some slight changes I'd suggest. 

Edited by AgentWatson

I have been playing since start only for free. The money earn is low, yes, but the grind is honestly on par with the level system so it isn't too bad. It's the premium users that earn too much instead.

The only actual thing I hate not having from premium, is the symbols and customization limits. They suck, and I can tweak/change my cars only when I get some free premium days if I want to save the designs 😕

• Like 2

If you're not constantly editing your character or clothing it is pretty easy to forget that you don't even have premium to be honest.

Mmm, I used to play a game where u earned 5% more credits for each premium player in match (10v10 matches). Maybe something like this could be applied here?

i've been without premium for around two years now and it's not that bad , just like @BXNNXD said , what i notice the most is the cooldown on abillities wich imo seems unfair .