Hiaro

please don't give up MattScott

G1 gave up quickly on ever succeeding apb and I have fear that LO will do the same, maybe regret buying it and seeing it's more work than they imagined.

With the dwindling playerbase, the lack of updates (and even worse balance changes), and an engine upgrade that is still not happening I worry that this game will go under.

Apb may be riddled with problems, but it's an incredible game at it's core and there's a reason people stuck with it for as long as they did, and even some of us are still here. Whether we want to admit it or not, many of us love this game and we know LO must have seen even a glimpse of the greatness in this world to have took on the task of working on it.

Please don't let go of that... I'm sure that working with the code is a nightmare and the engine upgrade isn't a guaranteed savior, but if it fixes performance and gives you the power to balance the game easier and create content then this game could last for many more years. But you also have to be willing to listen to the players and learn from mistakes.

Many veteran players are waiting on the engine upgrade to come back. Even a big name like Summit plans to return after the engine upgrade. 

And that's great. If you can pull this off and get the engine upgrade out, that will be a huge step in the right direction. But that isn't what will save the game. Continuing to communicate with the players and consider their input on changes while working to add new content and balance the existing is what will keep this game going.

G1 gave so many promises. They continuously told us the engine upgrade would be close year after year. They even announced a new br game mode and disappeared. I'm begging you not to do the same because you're so close. And I know it's not much but what you have done so far is an amazing starting point. I know people will always think the game is riddled with cheaters but I know from experience that BattlEye has been great and it's the anti cheat we needed for years. and the trading system in game is really nice. A few other qol changes were great too and while it isn't much to show for in the timespan, its more than g1 did for years. 

So please keep trying. There are probably days where you feel stressed out over how hard it is to deal with this game but if you guys at LO love this game even a fraction of how much the playerbase does then you have to keep trying. And if it gets bad or if you get desperate then tell us.. Be honest. Consider crowd funding if you have to. We will help because to us, in a way this is our game too and we want it to succeed. 

And because I'm not ready to let go of this game. And I know there are others that aren't as well. There still isn't a new game like APB. And there may never be one. So the best choice is this game being upgraded. So please keep doing your best.

This is in no way a hate post to LO and I know there has been no implication of these updates not happening and the game going under, but I've also seen this happen with RTW and G1 so it's still possible.. and I still worry.

But it's also still possible for APB to tap into it's potential.

And only Little Orbit can make that happen.

Just remember no matter how angry we get at you or how much we vent, we are still here with you guys. The playerbase is smaller than ever but the ones still left are some of the most loyal.

I believe in you guys so please don't give up and thank you for giving this game another chance. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

G1 didn't give up quickly on APB. They tried for like 6 years?

Also I am just going to state this again so when I am right I can tell everyone "I told you so."

Engine update will be the death of APB.

Downvotes to the right cause you know it.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

They also had a much larger playerbase. The current NA population won't last more than probably half a year so it's a little more worrisome... 

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Only to the ones who seriously expect it to actually double their framerate, in which case, oh well.

26 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Ackchyually on this forum it's a "Dislike" reaction so to fulfil your request here you go.

BjaApyE.png

Edited by KnifuWaifu
Ackchyually

LO buys the game.  LO throws out the anticheat and installs one that has been bypassed for years.  LO granst an amnesty for all banned cheaters... including those banned multiple times across multiple accounts... and lets them keep all their ill-gotten gains, in-game purchased legendaries. 

Player population shows a moderate surge quickly followed by a nosedive plummet coinciding with the usual "infested with cheater" posts.
Jericho server goes into death throes.

LO begins to merge Citadel with RU Nekrova.  Citadel population begins to plummet.

Support tickets are backed up for months.  We receive regular updates promising the world and delivering nothing.
LO claims the horribad server performance is due to some fanatical and relentless DDOSers.... despite the fact regular server maintenance seems nonexistent.
LO lowers the ARMAS pricing and increases the G1c for an approximate gain of 12%... despite the server performance tanking, the population falling off the map... and the ever-present reroll cheaterbase playing as usual.

LO reveals a NEW Battle Royal game which promises to fail before it's even implemented.

What's to give up?  This game is a gem.  Everything LO has done to date indicates they don't know this game's appeal or it's playerbase. They tried to mess up the guns.  They barely lowered Armas prices.  There is no "Engine Upgrade."  No one wanted RU players, unbanned cheaters, or a bypassed anticheat that may have been effective 5 years ago. There is no future for this game... hence there is nothing to give up.

If LO could find the original RTW code and SERVER WIPE, and relaunch the game like new, WITH a decent anticheat PLUS a team of in-game GMs... there MIGHT be a chance... but it ain't happening, and so... this game... is dead.

37 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Want LO to keep going?

Open up that wallet, fam.

fA57Qb5.gif

Cos in 2019 paying $30 for a pixel gun in a dead game is such a good business strategy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Hey! said:

Cos in 2019 paying $30 for a pixel gun in a dead game is such a good business strategy.

Who is buying the gun in this scenario the player, or LO?

And whose business strategy is it?

LO - engine update on RTW in february - delay

RIOT- last week on wednesday - delayed

This is exactly what G1 used to do.

Well at least another game where i can use "SoonTM" meme.

8 minutes ago, CatInTuxedo7 said:

LO - engine update on RTW in february - delay

RIOT- last week on wednesday - delayed

This is exactly what G1 used to do.

Well at least another game where i can use "SoonTM" meme.

Wait, where did they say that?

24 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Wait, where did they say that?

"

APB Engine Upgrade

I know this is the update everyone is waiting for. and we are nearing completion of the engine upgrade. The SPCT has seen the good, the bad, and the ugly for the last couple months. According to last year's Roadmap, I wanted to get the new engine into the hands of players on OTW in February, but we hit a fairly significant snag in the Multithreaded Rendering code. Ultimately, we scrapped what was there and completely re-wrote it. We now have most of that working, but there is some work to consolidate code between PS4 and XB1/PC. The only other major task is to migrate all the content from 1.19 and RIOT mode, which has already started. As soon as that is done, I will post some screenshots, benchmarks, and timing for public tests."

"Internally I felt that if we launched the engine upgrade but then took 4-6 months to build out a major new piece of content that would be a mistake. It's going to take a little more time to tackle matchmaking, new core gameplay contacts / progression, and a big F2P initiative that I want to roll out."

"

I have an entire deep dive blog on RIOT coming as soon as the ARG ends. It will include full details on the mode, the seasonal reward structure, and even some upcoming regular gameplay meta changes.

As always, we appreciate your ongoing support and are eager to share more.

Thanks,
Matt"

From the quarter review probably...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hiaro said:

lot of good words .

I like your words .

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

LO buys the game.  LO throws out the anticheat and installs one that has been bypassed for years.  LO granst an amnesty for all banned cheaters... including those banned multiple times across multiple accounts... and lets them keep all their ill-gotten gains, in-game purchased legendaries. 

Player population shows a moderate surge quickly followed by a nosedive plummet coinciding with the usual "infested with cheater" posts.
Jericho server goes into death throes.

LO begins to merge Citadel with RU Nekrova.  Citadel population begins to plummet.

Support tickets are backed up for months.  We receive regular updates promising the world and delivering nothing.
LO claims the horribad server performance is due to some fanatical and relentless DDOSers.... despite the fact regular server maintenance seems nonexistent.
LO lowers the ARMAS pricing and increases the G1c for an approximate gain of 12%... despite the server performance tanking, the population falling off the map... and the ever-present reroll cheaterbase playing as usual.

LO reveals a NEW Battle Royal game which promises to fail before it's even implemented.

What's to give up?  This game is a gem.  Everything LO has done to date indicates they don't know this game's appeal or it's playerbase. They tried to mess up the guns.  They barely lowered Armas prices.  There is no "Engine Upgrade."  No one wanted RU players, unbanned cheaters, or a bypassed anticheat that may have been effective 5 years ago. There is no future for this game... hence there is nothing to give up.

If LO could find the original RTW code and SERVER WIPE, and relaunch the game like new, WITH a decent anticheat PLUS a team of in-game GMs... there MIGHT be a chance... but it ain't happening, and so... this game... is dead.

anti-cheat tandem works well . FairFigh & BattlEye disabled private notifications bans . I hope it was an isolated incident. . determined by the requirements of the time when Lo acquired the game .

the first wave of players was the theme of buying the game a new member of the gaming business . the second on the ADVERTISING EVENT play with the developers 

you afraid of the merge NEKROVA and the Citadel . the West of Russia may well resist the ping in 50 MS .

in Nekrova, the number of Doss attacks minimal and I think in this post the topic is not appropriate .

x6RMikQqYu_thumb.jpg

crumbs are evil for the game

Irish blood won't give up .

Edited by Yood

Im with the biscuit guy even tho i dont like him the engine upgrade will be the death of APB.

I played a game before that went through exactly this situation of apb right now (although apb being a little bit better towards its likely end) "blacklight: retribution". the game was dying for a long time but most vets stayed playing/keeping in touch with the game because there would be a massive update that everyone was hyped for; "parity patch", when it was finnaly delivered it essentially changed alot of things that most vets didnt appreciate, still alot of old players started playing again and yeah they kept adding stuff but mostly: skins/animations/emotes etc. then everyone realized the most awaited patch of the game was just the same game with even more problems but more skins and useless items and so it kept dying until its death recently on pc this last month.

so TL;DR:

i've seen this

EU is just to make the inevitable death slower.

when the game is about to die they will pump /pop numbers one last time with EU.

alot of people will be unhappy with EU.

and the death.

2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Also I am just going to state this again so when I am right I can tell everyone "I told you so."

lol, damn you                                                                                                                                                          ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

2 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

lol, damn you                                                                                                                                                          ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

829RpnXec6.jpg

evil

Edited by Yood

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I hope not, chatting in game or in forums is pretty fun. 

Everyone has their own version of the truth about APB and what each company has succeeded / failed at... it's tiring and unproductive. Isn't it a bit early to say what is the ultimate fate of APB? We all know that nothing lasts forever. Enjoy yourself while it lasts, or stay forever bitter at whatever your notion of the "best version of APB" was or could have been.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, _chain said:

I hope not, chatting in game or in forums is pretty fun. 

That's why you make sure half your steam friend list and discord is just APB people. Even ones that haven't played in like 6 years.

2 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

4 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Ackchyually on this forum it's a "Dislike" reaction so to fulfil your request here you go.

BjaApyE.png

Sorry. I was on reddit too much. I'll go back to better websites.

• Like 1

What sparked this thread?

Did Matt Scott show signs of giving up?

Where? How?

Why you're making assumptions?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I'll go back to better websites.

Pft we all know Club Penguin shut down, stop pretending it didn't.

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Want LO to keep going?

Open up that wallet, fam.

fA57Qb5.gif

Being very conservative with how much I spent in the past I still have many things to buy and gosh darnit, being owned by a company I like, I can stop spending money. You're welcome LO, dag nabbit!

7 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

For that statement to be true, it must be the same mess which we got on consoles.

Otherwise, highly unlikely - unless LO dry out financially during EU development.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

For that statement to be true, it must be the same mess which we got on consoles.

Otherwise, highly unlikely - unless LO dry out financially during EU development.

I believe with the current statement of the game they’re working at a loss. People don’t buy anything in my view. I know about 20-30 players who haven’t donated once in 3 years

Edited by Lign

5 minutes ago, Lign said:

I believe with the current statement of the game they’re working at a loss. People don’t buy anything in my view. I know about 20-30 players who haven’t donated once in 3 years

of course no one buys anything.

majority of the players already bought everything lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And the rest wait for a G1C discount.