Sign in to follow this  
Fenton

Help tracking lag and rubberbanding.

Hi guys. 

Since a hiatus of a month or two and the last patch or so, I'm at the point where APB is very difficult to play. I'm getting random lag spikes from 60ms to 250+, my character bounces back and forth and steering can vary from perfectly normal to behaving like I'm on an ice rink.

Could you point me towards some things I could do to improve stability of the connection and home-box performance, please? I'd like to be able to see where the blockages are, if they're at my side or caused by the server and so on.

outside of the ddos attacks you're having this issue? if you're on wifi it could be signal dropping or packet loss. your router could be going bad. my router sucks even 10m away cause it's really old.

try plugging in direct via ethernet and see if the issue persists. if you already use wired connection, try closing all apps other than APB (torrent apps, game launchers, etc), and run a virus scan using Malwarebytes or smth (also check if windows update is doing anything funky)

possibly could be a driver issue with your wifi card/ethernet port, but i doubt it. still maybe try reinstalling your drivers

if you still have an issue with lags after taking these steps, call your ISP up, cable lines might be messed or something. if they say the lines are working as intended, then you're being throttled by your ISP, or it's the server's fault

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the information there, Slickiem.

I'm using a wired connection at the moment, so I'll check the other points you've raised and see if anything helps.

I can't really blame DDoS as I'm on the EU servers. Though I do recall reading somewhere that the client tries to slow connections down to balance players? I may be mistaken there.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 10:19 PM, Fenton said:

Hi guys. 

Since a hiatus of a month or two and the last patch or so, I'm at the point where APB is very difficult to play. I'm getting random lag spikes from 60ms to 250+, my character bounces back and forth and steering can vary from perfectly normal to behaving like I'm on an ice rink.

Could you point me towards some things I could do to improve stability of the connection and home-box performance, please? I'd like to be able to see where the blockages are, if they're at my side or caused by the server and so on.

its most likely config issue you are facing of and purged unused things each minute which is setted by default ingame (maybe something is changed by this because i got spike each minute for like 0.4 second it jumps from 9ms to 400+ and then go back to normal FPS counter not even notice that but if u play its noticable. (++ forgot to mension: all ultra textures 4096x4096 setted in config)
Me and Maoci trying to resolve this by "trial and error method"

one of my friends i help got strange issue after inserting Tobbi's config hes facing strange paket loses ... which has been solved by setting dns to 1.1.1.1 1.0.0.1 + creating confing from base (propably the batch file in tobbi's config made some misstake donno how.

Though I do recall reading somewhere that the client tries to slow connections down to balance players? I may be mistaken there.

yes you are mistaken 🙂

ps. if u want i can give u Maoci Discord on PM just hit me there (propably he could help you out :] )

Edited by TheSxW
  • Thanks 1

oh btw i was assumin you had already tried a fresh reinstall of APB too, that would have gotten rid of any issues from config files.

fresh install being deleting all APB folders (whether in steam/steamapps/common or non-steam client) after uninstalling, then re-install game

i also use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 dns servers