Sign in to follow this  

Thanks to Little Orbit but especially to everyone

Open letter

Hey everyone, how yall doing? I really hope you guys are good anywhere like i do.

Just wanted to share my experience, give a vote to APB and above all to tell what i feel, despite everything that has happened and despite all the terrible moments hit this project.

My story begins in 2008 when my father took me to one of the most fantastic Videogame Show in the world (according to my point of view), E3.
There I found many games that I immediately felt in love with, including some kind peoples i made friends with.

Was the first time when i saw APB.
I don't know how or what but that game came into my mind and couldn't get it away anymore.

Few years past, the moment finally came, the Closed and Open Beta of the game was close, i can swear to have been the happiest boy in the world.

I Bought the Retail version of the game (which I still own) and some posters.

I have always tried to be the most civilized, friendly and honest person in this world.
I gave clothes, money, cars, weapons, symbols, songs, themes, everything (including many things from the Armas).
I've been a MiddleMan for a lot of players to keep them safe from scammers.
I found many amazing peoples with who i have created a friendship and also many clans; sadly i have abandoned most of them due to problems and other things happened but i won't ever forget about incredible moments happened.

First person that is now the most important part of my life.. my girlfriend.

Im not wrong and you are corrent, i've met her for the first time on Skype, thanks to some friends, but we found some feelings between us after playing this game.

After some time i've decided to visit her in real life and we started a serious relationship, sadly we don't live close but we meet each others once a month and play always together.

The second person i keep in my thought as Unique, Better, Special but especially spectacular, is Nexus33.
I met him many years ago when my experience began and after all the things happened and the changes, he is still very proud of me as I am to him, I made him a promise and I'll keep it, I'll never abandon this game and I'll keep it forever and he also promised that thing with me.
We felt lately and I was overexcited, I almost cried, it is amazing what a simple game can do, as far as it can be  "simple " is not.

I can say that I have passed one of the most beautiful experiences of my life here on APB, I love this game and I will not stop, I will continue to support it through the Armas, through the support when i will share my feedback and in short everything that usually a person does when you need it or just want to help the product to improve, because i wantr to remind you that something can improve and be better not only thanks to a company or a developer but also well and especially by the collaboration of the community and as we (part of it) We communicate with the development team and express ourselves.

Last year, I was very concerned about his uncertain future because it was the second time that the game was falling into the deep sea.
As soon as I knew someone had bought the whole thing I screamed with joy and made a big sigh.

One last thing I wanted to talk about is that I have certainly not always been the same, sometimes maybe too bad, sometimes too aggressive or negative in some respects but unfortunately we are human beings and happen to have horrible/strange moments in our lifes.

My vote for APB is 9.7, not because i do enjoy to spend my real money or for what strange reason, just because this game is unique, customization, style, districts, interactions between players and much more.

Huge thanks to MattScott, Lixil, Selai, Ritual, BrightNightLight and all the others working for Little Orbit, Support included.

Good luck with the development of the game and can't wait to see what you will bring.

*Excited to see RIOT*
Alisha.

:classic_love:Stay Strong, Stay Together.:classic_love:

Edited by Guest

No goodbye threads. Closing soon. 

jk but Im happy the game made you happy and currently still does.. I wish I never lost my love for APB as all the game does now is piss me off and make my hate myself more :^)

I'm just annoyed that you didn't use default font/sizing/etc.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

LexdoY1.gif

Always nice to see a little positivity.

Yeah, i needed to do something like that 🙂

8 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

jk but Im happy the game made you happy and currently still does.. I wish I never lost my love for APB as all the game does now is piss me off and make my hate myself more :^)

Yeah, still does just because i play the game everyday with my girlfriends and friends, i play rarely solo and when i do that someone always ask me to join their groups.

I do hope you fell good in real life anyway.

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Hahaha, well, i needed to change abit, was annoyed by default things 😆

I think most of us feel this deep down, regardless of how negative our community can/is be.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

I think most of us feel this deep down, regardless of how negative our community can/is be.

Exactly, you got my point.. but anyway i do still enjoy so much this game

Hi there,

This feels like a very heartfelt, meaningful post. I saw it yesterday, but wanted to take a day before I responded.

I'm glad you posted this, and that APB has meant so much to you.

I sense there are far more players who have had similar experiences, but for whatever reason are reluctant to share them.

I look forward to the continuing that journey with you in the coming months.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 15

I've been wanting to make a post similar to this, but never got to it. Now I've been beaten 😩 

I'll make my own tho 

• Like 1

qiMRJiT.png

Well said and I totally agree much of what you said is what makes APB such a great game. 

22 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Or the hyperlink style heading. 

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

I sense there are far more players who have had similar experiences, but for whatever reason are reluctant to share them.

Definitely true but imo I think it a combination of praising APB going against the meta and also that some of us aren't as eloquent wordsmiths as @AlishaAzure and @Nyarai and can only express our support in the form of little white hearts in a blue circle.  qiMRJiT.png

• Like 1

This game has an attracting force like no other. For me the game just fills a spot for design. Whenever I suck at gun-play and exhaust my efforts, I go to Breakwater, put up a playlist and just design things for hours. The next time I have designed an outfit, I gain the confidence of fighting in style. It helps my morale, since I am what they call a fake gold.

It's nice to see that not every post is an unstructured complaint with the reason of just posting something. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

This feels like a very heartfelt, meaningful post. I saw it yesterday, but wanted to take a day before I responded.

I'm glad you posted this, and that APB has meant so much to you.

I look forward to the continuing that journey with you in the coming months.

Thanks,
Matt

Hey Matt!

That's right, for me it is, completely. APB has a very important meaning in my life. Also I am very sure that peoples like me have had similar experiences but maybe they did not prefer to share them, I don't know why but I would like to read them. I can't wait to continue that journey with you too!

4 hours ago, ChellyBean said:

I've been wanting to make a post similar to this, but never got to it. Now I've been beaten 😩 

I'll make my own tho 

Don't worry, there is always space for someone like you 😉

Make your own one

2 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

qiMRJiT.png

Well said and I totally agree much of what you said is what makes APB such a great game. 

Or the hyperlink style heading. 

Definitely true but imo I think it a combination of praising APB going against the meta and also that some of us aren't as eloquent wordsmiths as @AlishaAzure and @Nyarai and can only express our support in the form of little white hearts in a blue circle.  qiMRJiT.png

😆

1 hour ago, Pufty said:

This game has an attracting force like no other. For me the game just fills a spot for design. Whenever I suck at gun-play and exhaust my efforts, I go to Breakwater, put up a playlist and just design things for hours. The next time I have designed an outfit, I gain the confidence of fighting in style. It helps my morale, since I am what they call a fake gold.

It's nice to see that not every post is an unstructured complaint with the reason of just posting something. 

Thank you very much and yeah i feel the same thing when i redesign my character clothes or just take a break from gameplay and districts for make symbols or try to learn how to do themes and songs.

I really am relaxed when i stay in social.

It's nice to meet good peoples around and not only mad/rage ones that will insult you instantly after you made just 1 kill.

On 4/1/2019 at 1:50 AM, a Pair of Socks said:

Some rules apply really harsh to ones, and not to others.... so there is no closing in this goodbye thread.

i enjoyed the text written here took me a few minuts to actualy write a comment but all by all i m in a simular boat about the thoughts of what i think i like about apb. pretty sure lots of us are waiting for riot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SillyBear said:

Some rules apply really harsh to ones, and not to others.... so there is no closing in this goodbye thread.

Isn't a goodbye thread.

1 hour ago, TzickyT said:

i enjoyed the text written here took me a few minuts to actualy write a comment but all by all i m in a simular boat about the thoughts of what i think i like about apb. pretty sure lots of us are waiting for riot.

Exactly, you got my point

It's absurd to have someone put such effort to write something genuinely "anti-toxic" in APB, first I'd like to share your appreciation, for L.O. first, that they invested in this project to keep it going, and to put professional yet honest effort in making things right (at least this is how I see it), so thank you, L.O, every employee there, your work is appreciated.

And thank you Alisha, for the positive post, and the help you offered the community, you probably don't know me, but Nexus did mention you a few times, he seemed proud of you indeed.

• Like 1

I love seeing posts like this.  More often than not APB is the butt of the joke whenever it happens to be mentioned.  It's had a really shaky past with money men at RTW not knowing how development works, G1 not knowing how the game works, and G1 also trying to squeeze every cent they could out of it.   A little over a year ago when I saw a red name on the forum post "An Open Letter To The APB Community" I nearly had a heart attack because it had to be the end.  I was sure I knew what was going to be said in that post, but luckily I was completely wrong.  At the time none of us could even fathom another company wanting anything to do with a nearly dead game that's been known as one of the biggest flops ever.  In their short time here LO has done more than former G1 has in the past 4 years.  Not only that but they also took on Fallen Earth, a potentially more broken game.  After the conversation that the Phoenix team had with Matt & Lixil (I was in the call at the time but I didn't speak, too shy) it's safe to say that he genuinely wants to fix this game and set it on the right track for a long life.  

Also happy that they kept some of the good G1 staff like Androvald that have been around since the beginning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N66 said:

It's absurd to have someone put such effort to write something genuinely "anti-toxic" in APB, first I'd like to share your appreciation, for L.O. first, that they invested in this project to keep it going, and to put professional yet honest effort in making things right (at least this is how I see it), so thank you, L.O, every employee there, your work is appreciated.

And thank you Alisha, for the positive post, and the help you offered the community, you probably don't know me, but Nexus did mention you a few times, he seemed proud of you indeed.

For sure, share it anywhere you prefer! 🙂

I put such effort to writing something like this because i couldn't resist, i mean.. i needed to let everyone know what i think and what i wanted to share.

They have invested a lot and i would say "Nice Fu**ing Choice", not everyone have the balls to take a nearly dead and broken game and do something Lo is actually doing since they joined.

Thanks to you for your comment and your partecipation, i always appreciate to see many good peoples around, open and ready to share their feedback and what they think.

I will always help the community, i've also helped many starter players to learn things, to complete tutorials and i will continue, to do this and what i've written at the beginning of this thread, just because I LOVE TO HELP OTHERS AND TO SEE THEY HAPPY FOR THAT.

Could heard about you but no problems, always time to do some new meetings.

Nexus is proud of me and i am proud of him, best player i've EVER met in a videogame.

23 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I love seeing posts like this.  More often than not APB is the butt of the joke whenever it happens to be mentioned.  It's had a really shaky past with money men at RTW not knowing how development works, G1 not knowing how the game works, and G1 also trying to squeeze every cent they could out of it.   A little over a year ago when I saw a red name on the forum post "An Open Letter To The APB Community" I nearly had a heart attack because it had to be the end.  I was sure I knew what was going to be said in that post, but luckily I was completely wrong.  At the time none of us could even fathom another company wanting anything to do with a nearly dead game that's been known as one of the biggest flops ever.  In their short time here LO has done more than former G1 has in the past 4 years.  Not only that but they also took on Fallen Earth, a potentially more broken game.  After the conversation that the Phoenix team had with Matt & Lixil (I was in the call at the time but I didn't speak, too shy) it's safe to say that he genuinely wants to fix this game and set it on the right track for a long life.  

Also happy that they kept some of the good G1 staff like Androvald that have been around since the beginning.

I love to receive comments like that! Yeah.. the game have had many problems and critical moments.

All those years, i was there, i was here, always, watching.. i can say i agree with you.

When i saw "Open Letter" last year i rally was so scared of the game being shut down again but forever.

After i've read everything i was like "YES, OH MY FU**ING GOD, I LOVE THIS COMPANY!" and i was close to cry because i was to much happy and excited to know every single new staff member, and i did.

Yes, Androvald is so much silent but he is here since the beginning and i can say that too is special.

Edited by Guest

On 4/2/2019 at 7:37 PM, BrandonBranderson said:

I had the exact same thought when I saw that red text.. lol I was still banned from posting on the forums at the time (that stupid admin wtf ever her name was banned me for pretty much no reason). I totally agree with the op. I used to go drinking in Dundee (where APB was made) with the original devs and I was the wedding photographer for the lead artist (back in 2010 i think it was - ill have to check that) so not only was i always waiting for a game like this to come along, it turned out i knew the people who were actually making it! When G1 had APB i wanted it to just die off due to the fact that G1 cash cowed it. Now that LO have it I do believe that the game will live on for many years and I really think Matt and his team will do very well with it once they get over the WANKER DDoS ers and the other issues they are facing.

Ill be here right to the very last day of APB. Even though I dont play much now (in fact I play very little of anything), I check the forums every single day without fail.

Long live the bearded one.

Edited by Seedy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seedy said:

I had the exact same thought when I saw that red text.. lol I was still banned from posting on the forums at the time (that stupid admin wtf ever her name was banned me for pretty much no reason). I totally agree with the op. I used to go drinking in Dundee (where APB was made) with the original devs and I was the wedding photographer for the lead artist (back in 2010 i think it was - ill have to check that) so not only was i always waiting for a game like this to come along, it turned out i knew the people who were actually making it! When G1 had APB i wanted it to just die off due to the fact that G1 cash cowed it. Now that LO have it I do believe that the game will live on for many years and I really think Matt and his team will do very well with it once they get over the WANKER DDoS ers and the other issues they are facing.

Ill be here right to the very last day of APB. Even though I dont play much now (in fact I play very little of anything), I check the forums every single day without fail.

Long live the bearded one.

I got banned too back in 2017 for no reason, with my main but in-game.

After 4/5/6 months of Permanent Ban i decided to go and talk with the old Community Manager of G1 and she looked at my ban and unbanned me because wasn't there for a reason.

Im happy that you are back too 🙂 So nice to see so many old players around.

I do believe that too, i trust more in Lo than G1, and G1 had the game for 6/7 years approximately so.. they are just so perfect in making this game better, exactly, they need only to get rid of stupid things and there we go.

I will be there too, until the last second of APB life, i do play often, pretty much everyday but only in bronze (because i don't want to become gold so i play most of my time or with my girlfriend or with my friends).

Thanks for your comment, i appreciate so much, enjoy the rest of your day and your weekend

Close this topic, please