IAmDisappointSon

Visual and audio suggestion

when driving cars in apb there used to be this subtle tilting of the camera when steering. It looked really cool, but for whatever reason it was removed from the game. It would be cool if that was added back as a gameplay option in the menu. And along with that I think the visual style of the game should be changed to something closer to RTW's artstyle(this is shown in a video below about the Machina/Balkan cars)

Something else I want to bring up is the fact that a while ago G1 broke the car audio so that many cars are missing sound components in their engine sounds. One of the most noticable ones are from the Machina/Balkan, and the Morai(the issue is not isolated to only these cars, but affects every car in the game). The Machina/Balkan cars used to have a component that added engine bay noise with the revs alongside the exhaust noise. Now it's just exhaust noise, which sound incomplete and kinda like crap on its own. The same goes for the Moirai which also had this sound from the engine bay combined with exhaust. Now it's just exhaust and for some reason they lowered the pitch too which makes it sound like you're leisurely driving when you're pushing to max rpm.

One more problem with the car audio is that the sound for turbo chargers is broken in the sense that instead of hearing the turbo spool while pushing the gas, you only hear the turbo spool at the beginning of the gear, then it remains silent the rest of the way. I don't know how this broke, but it leaves the turbo sound useless because you basically can't even hear it.

I suggest a rollback or fix on the audio for the vehicles, as the original sound design for them was much more pleasing. Also one change made to the vegas in particular was that it had the pitch of its engine lowered drastically(The morai had this, but not as low). Some people like the lowered pitch, but others including myself like the old higher pitched vegas engine. I suggest adding a free exhaust kit in customization to switch between.

Here's what the vegas used to sound like a little bit before G1 changed it:

Here's what the Machina/Balkan cars sounded like along with the artstlye I think the game should have:

And here's the old Morai

A while ago these kind of suggestions would be completely ignored, but I believe Little Orbit will take these into considerating. Once they have their bigger projects completed like "Unification" they might actually consider fixing stuff like this. At least fixing the car audio and re-adding camera tilt when steering would be more likely. 

• Like 1

Camera tilt is a fancy camera affect that can affect a players judgment when driving. the stiffer camera may not be as fun to look at for some but it provides a more consistent and stable view. If this feature were to come back, i highly suggest they have it OFF by default. its fun to looks at, yes. but in a mission i would have it turned off every time.

Simply put. you would not want to miss out on spotting an enemy just because you drifted a corner and the camera tilted in just the right way to keep them hidden.

2 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

I agree with the sounds but not the camera tilt, its silly.

This kind of camera tilt genuinely looks cool. If you look at Forza Motorsport 6 Forza Motorsport 7 they've added a subtle similar camera tilt in that game. Now of course that's a completely different genre of game, but APB had this feature orginally and it was stuck on which bothered some people. So just add it back as an optional feature and it's a win-win for both sides. Something like this would take minimum resources to add back in.

Edited by IAmDisappointSon

I'd also like to see the camera sway while driving, to make a return to APB with an option to turn it off.

It made the game feel a lot more polished and dynamic, rather than the stiff camera which feel like an default implementation.

• Like 1