Raising the gold standard

48 minutes ago, blazeburner said:

I got downvoted multiple times just for speaking my opinion xD that's cancer

that usually only means someone disagrees on our forums

either that or they love you but are pissed at you.....we get those too

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

that usually only means someone disagrees on our forums

either that or they love you but are pissed at you.....we get those too

I mean it's fine, i thought it was you tbh since you've replied so much but thank you for your input on the matter 

Edited by blazeburner

16 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Locking threats strictly is not only going to hurt gameplay between friends and clans but was worsen dethreating problem.

I

Is not that what happens now?
I could be gold forever !? , but not everyone wants it for what? I think you already know the answer, if knowing that the level of silver is now the most quoted, being gold does not serve anything but to play alone is the reality and time has shown me the number of times that, I and my friends We have tried to play fairly in a silver and the only thing we have received are insults and disdain for a certain number of gold players, who sadly have to go to a silver to humiliate players like me who am occasionally gold (I am not pro, just fair play) with that I hope not to offend anyone, I just want a fair balla !!

Yes, right now it is currently splitting up the community already - i can't even play with the friends i've made cause they are silver and want to play on bronze server, and don't want to face a bunch of golds on the opp, while i have to since i'm stuck in gold.... My only option is to either dethreat or stay in gold and get better at the game - my friends don't have the same mindset as me...

Merged.

http://prntscr.com/n6056i
Proof that it's all points, and no skill to get to gold....

6 hours ago, SirVilla said:

Is not that what happens now?
I could be gold forever !? , but not everyone wants it for what? I think you already know the answer, if knowing that the level of silver is now the most quoted, being gold does not serve anything but to play alone is the reality and time has shown me the number of times that, I and my friends We have tried to play fairly in a silver and the only thing we have received are insults and disdain for a certain number of gold players, who sadly have to go to a silver to humiliate players like me who am occasionally gold (I am not pro, just fair play) with that I hope not to offend anyone, I just want a fair balla !!

I'm a gold threat too but my point isn't that you should be quiet and just put up with this torment, my point is you are suggesting a solution to a issue but that solution doesn't fix the bigger wider problem and actually may make it worse.

And you're right that it is happening now. I remember back when people were not restricted in districts with threat levels, back then most districts were evenly balanced out but there wasn't a need to dethreat greatly when you get bronze, silver and gold players being mixed in the same districts.

There was threat level districts but they were not enforced and more advisory.

The threat system need to be reviewed and altered heavily to consider wider aspects of the game.

On top of that, personally I think threat segregation only emphasises the elitism and toxic behaviour of higher threats. It's like have having kid in a play ground separated by age because of the risk of bully and all the kids have to be protected from each others but they can't interact then.

I understand that some new players may feel deterred by being put with against a random gold, but right now most gold are putting effort into getting into lower threat districts just to get an opponent at all.

There is more I could say on this matter but I'm going off on a tangent now I feel.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, blazeburner said:

I mean it's fine, i thought it was you tbh since you've replied so much but thank you for your input on the matter 

nope i promise i didnt.  wasnt me.

the downvotes don't do anything to you either. its only for saying someone disagrees with you over something.

btw what server are you on? i play in bronze or silver so it wouldnt bother me as much.

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

nope i promise i didnt.  wasnt me.

the downvotes don't do anything to you either. its only for saying someone disagrees with you over something.

btw what server are you on? i play in bronze or silver so it wouldnt bother me as much.

I play on Jericho 

11 hours ago, VickyFox said:

I'm a gold threat too but my point isn't that you should be quiet and just put up with this torment, my point is you are suggesting a solution to a issue but that solution doesn't fix the bigger wider problem and actually may make it worse.

And you're right that it is happening now. I remember back when people were not restricted in districts with threat levels, back then most districts were evenly balanced out but there wasn't a need to dethreat greatly when you get bronze, silver and gold players being mixed in the same districts.

There was threat level districts but they were not enforced and more advisory.

The threat system need to be reviewed and altered heavily to consider wider aspects of the game.

On top of that, personally I think threat segregation only emphasises the elitism and toxic behaviour of higher threats. It's like have having kid in a play ground separated by age because of the risk of bully and all the kids have to be protected from each others but they can't interact then.

I understand that some new players may feel deterred by being put with against a random gold, but right now most gold are putting effort into getting into lower threat districts just to get an opponent at all.

There is more I could say on this matter but I'm going off on a tangent now I feel.

1: gold server: only for gold and silver.
2: silver server: only for silver and bronze.
3: Bronze server: only for bronzes and greens.
4: green server: initiation or tutoring for new players
I think this would not make people so elitist.
but to be giving a bad suggestion, but I think that would solve the current problem,
If you are gold, you go to a gold server to play against your rivals do not abuse, of course the servers are always empty, it is not difficult to fill them, if it is true that it is complicated to have a gold that is going down to Silver to go to a bronze, it's sad, but why does it !? You explain it to me, yesterday I was playing in a silver and I had a very bad time, I will not say names that would be very easy for me to name those who, like me, know the latest APB bug, playing against these people who are loaded with what they should not go (aim i macro) the oscar has a cadence i skip it to the bullfighter, from when a ntec goes farther than an obeya, i the impressive automatic shot, the ntc hack is seen to be free, i Enciama supporting that tell me to go to a bronze or that I am delayed and more ... said this friend Vicky, I do not know what else to say, I apologize for my English that I have to be spending the Google translator to talk with you.

I think it is possible, to be less elitist, to help veterans to the newest, I do not know how many cars and weapons I have given away in all these years that I have been playing, money borrowed from millions of stories, I do not think that if the golds were out or out A little less selfish or more indigent would be easier than gold and the rest of the people would enjoy the game more. (It's a game, there's no need to mistreat it.) If you do not change this, you'll only have the gold and nobody else would have been the end of the game if this happened?

4 minutes ago, SirVilla said:

1: gold server: only for gold and silver.
2: silver server: only for silver and bronze.
3: Bronze server: only for bronzes and greens.
4: green server: initiation or tutoring for new players
I think this would not make people so elitist.
but to be giving a bad suggestion, but I think that would solve the current problem,
If you are gold, you go to a gold server to play against your rivals do not abuse, of course the servers are always empty, it is not difficult to fill them

worse idea than what g1 implemented by introducing even more limits (downwards)

threat segregation was actually tested (gold+below in gold, silver+below in silver, bronze+below in bronze) by g1 - and they lost quite an amount of players back then.

reasonable solutions would be reducing money gain and removing weapon role gain if you are in a lower district - so you could play with your friends, if need be.

however, they are working on server-wide matchmaking through phasing which will also improve matchmaking by a margin

4 minutes ago, neophobia said:

reasonable solutions would be reducing money gain and removing weapon role gain if you are in a lower district - so you could play with your friends, if need be.

We also had that, or it was only for some of them to kill even more than now,
I'll be sheltered, sorry then.
then you disces that removing all restrictions for everyone to enter any server is a good idea? reducing the amount of money you earn or increasing it according to server uploads or download it? I do not know, I doubt that someone enters a gold server anyway, a bronze filled with gold is more fun to see that.

4 hours ago, SirVilla said:

We also had that, or it was only for some of them to kill even more than now,
I'll be sheltered, sorry then.
then you disces that removing all restrictions for everyone to enter any server is a good idea? reducing the amount of money you earn or increasing it according to server uploads or download it? I do not know, I doubt that someone enters a gold server anyway, a bronze filled with gold is more fun to see that.

dethreating is always a thing - right now you don't get discouraged.

yeah, reducing money gained was a thing before - but imo not drastic enough.

idk, having boundaries that can get circumvented by dethreating is not solving much. adding incentives to not dethreat/giving people, who would otherwise dethreat an alternative sounds more reasonable.

or preventing dethreating as a whole by e.g. matchmaking by using max threat ever gained - maybe with deterioration over time, while keeping the actual threat as it is. (not ideal, obviously. sounds like one solution though)

but no - the action to take right now is sit back and relax while they introduce phasing first and seeing if it's already solved then.

Edited by neophobia
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SirVilla said:

If you are gold, you go to a gold server to play against your rivals do not abuse, of course the servers are always empty, it is not difficult to fill them, if it is true that it is complicated to have a gold that is going down to Silver to go to a bronze, it's sad, but why does it !?

We cannot assume people are going to play fair, There will ways be people wanting to abuse the system. Sadly the number of people happy to abuse a broken system is higher than you would like to think.

Ask other if they took part of "Refer a Friend" and how many new players they brought to APB:Reloaded.

Refer a Friend as a new system in testing but everyone could see how much it was used, that many rewards to that many players had to be illegitimate. A good 70% or 80% of people using Refer a Friend took advantage of the lack of rules around it.

5 hours ago, SirVilla said:

If you do not change this, you'll only have the gold and nobody else would have been the end of the game if this happened?

I do not want to be pessimistic.

The truth is that APB has been on a decline for years, and you are right that your suggestion would work if people played fair and didn't break the rules.

Again I'm sorry but I believe your suggestion would fix the problem you talked about... but only for a few days. People are going to continue to still put effort into dethreating, this effort to abuse the system and break rules would undermine your suggested fix

Putting up more barriers or moving barriers is not the answer, this will only motivate people into breaking those restrictions.

-edit-

The translations are mixed, but I can understand most of what you said.

I will try and keep my English as unambiguous as possible for the translator 😅

Edited by VickyFox
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, VickyFox said:

We cannot assume people are going to play fair, There will ways be people wanting to abuse the system. Sadly the number of people happy to abuse a broken system is higher than you would like to think.

Ask other if they took part of "Refer a Friend" and how many new players they brought to APB:Reloaded.

Refer a Friend as a new system in testing but everyone could see how much it was used, that many rewards to that many players had to be illegitimate. A good 70% or 80% of people using Refer a Friend took advantage of the lack of rules around it.

I do not want to be pessimistic.

The truth is that APB has been on a decline for years, and you are right that your suggestion would work if people played fair and didn't break the rules.

Again I'm sorry but I believe your suggestion would fix the problem you talked about... but only for a few days. People are going to continue to still put effort into dethreating, this effort to abuse the system and break rules would undermine your suggested fix

Putting up more barriers or moving barriers is not the answer, this will only motivate people into breaking those restrictions.

-edit-

The translations are mixed, but I can understand most of what you said.

I will try and keep my English as unambiguous as possible for the translator 😅

4 hours ago, neophobia said:

dethreating is always a thing - right now you don't get discouraged.

yeah, reducing money gained was a thing before - but imo not drastic enough.

idk, having boundaries that can get circumvented by dethreating is not solving much. adding incentives to not dethreat/giving people, who would otherwise dethreat an alternative sounds more reasonable.

or preventing dethreating as a whole by e.g. matchmaking by using max threat ever gained - maybe with deterioration over time, while keeping the actual threat as it is. (not ideal, obviously. sounds like one solution though)

but no - the action to take right now is sit back and relax while they introduce phasing first and seeing if it's already solved then.

We will look forward to these important implimentations,
we all hope it will be soon, thanks to all of you for your patience, the google translator does not always translate the english into spain correctly

I'm still gold, haven't been able to leave without dethreating on purpose...So clearly there's an issue with it no matter how you slice it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/3/2019 at 9:09 PM, Authorize said:

I'm still gold, haven't been able to leave without dethreating on purpose...So clearly there's an issue with it no matter how you slice it.

If you are playing in the silver district and able to maintain gold then you may be exactly where you belong. 

It's easy to hit gold, what's hard here is maintaining it.

For reference:

LO already knows this is broken and at the very least has ideas on a fix.  There is no way to spot fix this before 3.5 without further derailing the RIOT release and 3.5 Engine release.  While waiting sucks, once 3.5 is live the rest of the issues we are having should be easier for LO to tackle as working with the code will be less "cleaning up someone else's shit" and more "tuning what we know."

What LO is doing with 3.5 on top of improving the engine is literally cleaning up someone else's shit.

Merged.

As easily as I get rolled back into Bronze by Gold and Silver R255 players, I feel it's safe to say I'm a low tier Silver player at ~R90.  When matchmaking works I have no problem maintaining my own Silver status Win or Lose.

Now what kills me is that even when I'm Bronze ~R90, I still get matched with R255 Golds, and Golds that have obviously Dethreated to either just play the game or squash noobs.  If that's not evidence Matchmaking is FUBAR, I don't know what is.

And people wonder why I spend more time tinkering with the editing kiosks and chilling in Social.

Edited by JimWraith
Grammar & Things

9 hours ago, JimWraith said:

Now what kills me is that even when I'm Bronze ~R90, I still get matched with R255 Golds, and Golds that have obviously Dethreated to either just play the game or squash noobs.  If that's not evidence Matchmaking is FUBAR, I don't know what is.

That's not a matchmaking issue but threat segregation issue, which isn't properly implemented, low tier golds and intentional dethreaters shouldn't be allowed to stay on bronze districts once they turn to gold. It's also true that the matchmaking isn't working properly very often, leaving you without backup option, when you should be able to call it.

10 hours ago, _chain said:

It's easy to hit gold, what's hard here is maintaining it.

Maintaining gold is probably easier than getting it, since it's based on >team points as well, your teammate could be having a really good game while in the silver server and drop a 20~ kill game, and you end up getting 1.5-2k points at 2-5 kills just because your teammate screws you over, the hard part is getting rid of gold. I literally had to purposely dethreat to finally get out of gold hell. Gold sucks right now, it's in a bad place and i finally have full context as to what people are going through when they don't wanna be gold, sure it's fun to play with the best people in the game - but it's also not as fun cause you get clamped with how much contact progression you can get through - in the silver district you can get 5-15 kills (My current highest is 17 kills) while in bronze server you can get 10-25, making it so much easier to level up contacts - making the silver/(gold) district cancerous to drop into while exclusively trying to get contacts up...

There's no matches to make; The players are all gone...

Its trying its best to make matches at this point, let alone actually finding similar skill levels.

4 hours ago, xHenryman90x said:

That's not a matchmaking issue but threat segregation issue,...

As far as I'm concerned that is part of the same balancing act.

On 4/1/2019 at 12:28 PM, Authorize said:

Dethreating golds is a problem we cannot address cause they'll just find a work around for it.
Dethreating silvers, same issue with no solution.
What i am talking about has nothing to do with dethreating whatsoever, i stay in gold to get better at the game because i have LITERALLY been playing for 3 weeks, i just learned about the game and find it hella fun, but getting stuck in a threat level i do not enjoy is not fun. If i'm forced against the highest ranked players with the highest ranked mods and the highest ranked roles then that is fucked, it's a fucked system that should be fixed. We're going off topic here.

The community is toxic as shit, and will flip on a dime.
But the gameplay is fun.

Everyone talks about "No new players coming into the game"
"Find me a new player"
- here i am, a new player, trying to enjoy the game
But since i have an opinion people want to attack me left right and center.... It's just not worth it if this continues 

So the threat system thinks you're better than you think you are, You may be right in that but your problem is not the majority's problem.

Raising the standard for Gold isn't going to make you feel better when you're going to get the same opponents.

On 5/1/2019 at 12:57 AM, Authorize said:

I literally had to purposely dethreat to finally get out of gold hell

Your misunderstanding of how threat is calculated aside, you know that purposely dethreating is bannable, right?

On 3/31/2019 at 11:47 PM, Fortune Runner said:

whoa hold up there toxic fighter I never said any of that.

And yes it is another threat where people don't know how the threat works the comments  show that to people who do know how.

did i ever say YOU?

get off your high horse we can see your boogers and get a damn tissue

btw i don't dethreat i never once said I'm a gold i said there's times get carried by people and it can turn me gold....there's a year of posts from me saying this feel free to look them up...sheesh

Waste of time making any suggestion on the forums. Here is a player of 3 weeks that is obviously doing real good. He is Gold for a week already. And thrust into playing with Max rank 10k hour Golds with every weapon, grenade, car det, map knowledge, consumable and whatever else. I am surprised he's still here at all.

Not too mention they all live on the forums and poop on anybody new. They don't want anything to really change. Most are happy to be a big fish in a small pond.

BS on the the POP is too low for Golds to play in Gold. They are plenty of Silvers that would chose to. 

I have to wait alot to play in Silver because its full. There a quite a few people who ARE in Silver and really shouldn't be because they don't know they can manually select district. 

Sorry gurus, this guy is RIGHT! The progression from Trainee to Green is a milisecond, then to bronze and Silver is waaay too fast! 

So a guy like this is a decent shooter and understands awareness. So in like 3 missions or about a hour or less he is SILVER. Next time he logs in he goes to Silver district

Where Golds play. How can you not see the problem with this.... Git Gud right....sounds like Another Silver getting trashed by Gold...blah, blah and all the other toxic garbage.

I really don't see whats so hard about all this.

Remove the Start screen with Social and the districts and ONLY have the the list of Districts. Make the ALWAYS USELESS GREEN SERVER for uhh,,,lets say Green players in every literal sense of the word actually used for NEW players. They are Green to the game.

Sometimes and very likely a Trainee starts off in Silver District! This the most absurd thing ever! You might as well just flash a message to uninstall after character creation.

Make a Trainee have at least 5 hours or 30 missions or whatever before he goes Green. He can join whatever he wants. (But Recommended Green District)

Greens have another predetermined tier to go Bronze lvl. He can join whatever he wants. (But Recommended Green District)

Bronze have another predetermined tier to go Silver lvl. Silvers CANNOT join Bronze!

Now Silvers or dethreating Gold players CANNOT go to Green district where TRUE Green, Bonze and new Trainees play.

Now you don't have the Ginormous Skill Gap as nearly as much. 

Trainees, Greens and True Bronzes playing against each other ONLY! Let them learn the game with their peers instead of against MAX ranked dethreaters.

Basically make Green server useful by stretching out the time for the Early lvls from Trainee to Bronze. After that, for Silvers go back to whatever method of advancement.

This won't affect Golds doing what they always do. But, let REAL NEW players play with others closer to their experience and skill.

Seriously what in the HELL would this hurt! The most frustrating thing is this same talk for years and years. Same excuses of low pop, engine upgrade.

I would rather see LO try something like this instead of the wait. Wait for what? After the Engine Upgrade this problem will still be the EXACT same thing!

Even if it didnt work and I don't how it see how it could not. At least make attempt at a real issue.

Fling all the doo you you want, I'm not coming back to read it. Its always the same.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Your misunderstanding of how threat is calculated aside, you know that purposely dethreating is bannable, right?

What the guy said above me, i'd rather not run against max ranks with literally everything under the sun in-game - not only do they know HOW to switch weapons very quickly by knowing the car spawns, using player modifications like ammo refill to switch weapons before even peeking me, the car bombs ect.. i just don't want to deal with it - i wasn't dethreating in public lobbies and griefing anyone - i had a friend help me and i've been able to maintain silver since - since i learned i just don't have to do objectives, i usually have a friend that'll do them for me.