Ketog

Battle Eye might have a problem.

So since last tuesday  i've noticed that more and more people in discord started having problems with BE, it started with one person with files that are needed to start the game, he then made a bug report here :

I told that guy i had the same problem before and funny enough the next day , i start my APB and get this :

unknown.png

Well, seems like we're two now, with a bit of ressearch  found that those files are supposed to be used with windows XP, as i use window 10 i thought that fine might not be actually needed to start the game, so i just moved it, and the game started fine, sadly, seems like it wasn't enough for @NotGoodAtNames , he still couldn't play.

Later that day, another user comes with the same problem :

unknown.png

And another.

unknown.png

Then that night someone else comes and shows us this :

unknown.png

Be starting to block a known tool (RivaTuner statistics server) used to limit FPS and measure game performence.

Reminder that was all in the same day, so, next day i get on discord and see one of my clan members showng me this:

unknown.png

And anoother one !

unknown.png

And i apparently missed someone else, but i couldn't find his post, anyway, we get the point.

Now , while this is various different blocks and maybe completely non related issues, what did you guys do to BattleEye, like @BXNNXD said, when your anticheat software starts to affect legit players, it might be an issue to consider looking into.

I get that APB has a cheater problem, but now it's starting to be a bit extreme.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 6

Just started getting the atiags.dll errors today as well, out of nowhere during the ddos. Not sure if it is related but I also haven't been able to load into a district at all, which I am like 80% sure that it is because of the ddos but who knows if it could be related to this.

EDIT: I was able to get into a district finally, seems it was from the DDOS stuff, I still got the battleye error but ignored it, didn't seem to bother anything.

Edited by PancakePower

I mean if it appears en-masse it's indeed must be something on BE side.

I just think BattleEye probably went full facist on scanning mode without informing LO.

Dunno why it blocks RivaTuner and GPU drivers tho. - it shouldn't even consider checking Windows folder AND block files from there!

Edited by Mitne

Yes .. i have same thing, tho i didin't used discord. What i did was listening music at Youtube while playing APB true steam.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

I just think BattleEye probably went full facist on scanning mode without informing LO.

Dunno why it blocks RivaTuner and GPU drivers tho. - it shouldn't even consider checking Windows folder AND block files from there!

it probably didn't check those just for the sake of it but they tried to inject (rivatuner seems very likely here)

edit: ye it actually says hook in the filename lmao

anticheat can always affect legit player. back in the days i used ahk to do music binds - ofc it blocks ahk, which is very reasonable.

same here for some of those tools, they inject/hook apb - this is an entryway for cheats too. ofc BE should be able to distinguish and check checksums - they'd need to update their whitelists accordingly.

as stated in other threads atiags is quite useless these days though and leaving it to load has 0 benefit

Edited by neophobia

Yesterday, my friend got a problem with visual studio. Battleye blocked one of the lib and he was forced to delete it to start the game

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Actually, modern BE bypass works by faking drivers with Microsoft signature. So, it might be useful for it to check

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1

I just tried to run both Riva and other regarded driver program running in background while opening APB, nothing happened, launcher / direct launch won't change, BE works fine for me, 0 files blocked.

Could be some problems with permissions on the system, could but i don't really know.

Probably is BE giving some errors around, im fine for now (fortunately).

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

The thing is it does. There is a reason you get the accept agreements. They say them self that they scan your whole PC but don't collect any personal information. And you press accept with out giving a shit anyway 🙂

Is it possible to know what Radeon driver version(s) you guys are using ?

49 minutes ago, Gateron said:

The thing is it does. There is a reason you get the accept agreements. They say them self that they scan your whole PC but don't collect any personal information. And you press accept with out giving a shit anyway 🙂

however, this is not even the case. it said it stopped loading - and the e.g. the rivatuner files are even named hook. be just strictly blocks injection - something that anticheats have been doing since forever. means you can't use certain applications - but honestly not a big deal, it is very reasonable for mp games. ideally they'd have a whitelist but ye, injection is always an open door for cheats.

blizzard e.g. completely blocks all

injections/hooks for overwatch with no regard to any exceptions iirc

not saying be doesn't scan your pc. but this right here is not related at all.

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

I just tried to run both Riva and other regarded driver program running in background while opening APB, nothing happened, launcher / direct launch won't change, BE works fine for me, 0 files blocked.

might even be the version you/they use if they e.g. check signatures

Edited by neophobia

2 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Could be some problems with permissions on the system, could but i don't really know.

Probably is BE giving some errors around, im fine for now (fortunately).

Latest version of RTSS isn't blocked , but in what the version you're using matters , and also did you actually use any of the functions avaliable in riva tuner ?

2 hours ago, heelruby said:

Using latest stable , anyway the atiags isn't a problem for me , but it is for notgoodatnames

also , the launcher redownloads those files (which i don't need) on every update.

I got the same issue yesterday, tried and failed:

• launching game without launcher
  • repairing APB from launcher
  • deleting and renaming the file that BE was blocking (even with the file deleted, the game still crashed with the same error message)
  • reinstalling the Microsoft package that contained the file BE was blocking, in case the file was corrupted
  • clean install of BE
  • re-downloading/re-installing APB

Ended up getting mad and doing a clean install of Windows which fixed the issue but is definitely not an ideal solution 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Thanks 1

Uh-oh. One of my PCs started to have this issue as well.

Suppose they have to deal with something... Probably gonna get turned back to normal again soon. Could be the reason why population is so low this morning?

2 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

Suppose they have to deal with something... Probably gonna get turned back to normal again soon. Could be the reason why population is so low this morning?

depends on server

NA is dead because its monday work day morning lol

Edited by Alani
not sunday only monday

That feeling when BE blocks many of us, at the very same time another reroller with 30r going 80-10 in asylum with ntec 👍 (and I’m not even talking about the famous French streamer who’s tbotting so hard)

Edited by Lign

On 3/31/2019 at 1:38 PM, heelruby said:

Bugeon 19.3.3 here

• Thanks 1

BE going on rampage

1 hour ago, Clandestine said:

Bugeon 19.3.3 here

I'll give it a look tonight

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ketog said:

Latest version of RTSS isn't blocked , but in what the version you're using matters , and also did you actually use any of the functions avaliable in riva tuner ?

Using latest stable , anyway the atiags isn't a problem for me , but it is for notgoodatnames

also , the launcher redownloads those files (which i don't need) on every update.

No, i just tried, also i asked to some of my friends but no-one had this problem.

So yeah, i think is a problem of some sort of feature/option enabled on old versions of the program.

in my case interact with antivirus and cant launch the game..i mean really..get rid of this sht anti cheat already

edit:i can play now..after start game  again the files auto repair and now launches(still think BE is sht dou)

Edited by TheMessiah