MattScott

Ongoing Jericho DDoS Issue (UPDATE)

I can login but my latency is soo high recentlly.

I tested my internet speed and it was fine.

This attacks are always during weekends.I think this is not pros just normal hackers with normal work which have free time during weekends.Cant imagine what will be when riot or 3.5 is released

1 hour ago, TomotakeYoshino said:

@MattSchott

Hi,

can we just get the engine 3.5 update instead fixing of all the same issue for years?

You've been told, multiple times, in your thread about the EU even, that it's being worked on. You could even look at the blog post that was posted over a week ago with the progress of it.

And seriously? What good is the EU if the server gets constantly DDoS'd and makes it unplayable to begin with?

Stop assuming that it isn't being worked on, just because there's other issues being worked on as well.

Edited by Sadira
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

This is frustrating. We have had an ongoing issue on Jericho with persistent DDoS attacks. I have spoken about this a little, but the issue is basically a form of attack that we had no defense for, and the attackers have been relentless over the last couple months exploiting the issue.

We have been working with our ISP to design a new solution, we pushed hard to get the new solution working on Wednesday, but there was a problem and they couldn't finish.

Today's attacks have been particularly bad.

I apologize to all the players getting bumped.

We are working on the issue.

Sorry,
Matt

I say all everyone should get 5 Joker Boxes per ddos attack.  

35 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

I say all everyone should get 5 Joker Boxes per ddos attack.  

only 5? nice april fool.

more ddosing = more JBs 😄

17 hours ago, LovelyJasmine said:

APB.png

Same for mi too... My friends can login and join district fine but i'm having the issue not being able to connect.

I get an error of disconnect from world wide server. Under it is another one that says your client/server or something conflict not matching up something like that. 😞

I played earlier on EU server when NA server was down. EU server is still working for mi. I don't know why this is not working.

Yeah this issue happens alot, its mainly because Jericho alone is being targeted. Like Matt said, there is an exploit, being used and they're trying to find out what it is.

I know you guys trying to.

But its really serious.

ddos in peak time , ghost town in non-peak time.

I shoudn't have bought premium.

Okay....so when is the solution going to be finished if it was supposed to be done Wednesday?

44 minutes ago, dett2 said:

I know you guys trying to.

But its really serious.

ddos in peak time , ghost town in non-peak time.

I shoudn't have bought premium.

I think you are only losing like $0.27 a day.

On 3/30/2019 at 4:51 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

This is frustrating. We have had an ongoing issue on Jericho with persistent DDoS attacks. I have spoken about this a little, but the issue is basically a form of attack that we had no defense for, and the attackers have been relentless over the last couple months exploiting the issue.

We have been working with our ISP to design a new solution, we pushed hard to get the new solution working on Wednesday, but there was a problem and they couldn't finish.

Sorry,
Matt

https://www.cloudflare.com/ddos/

EDIT: @MattScott can you tell us what kind of DDOS it is?

Edited by Memes

36 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I think you are only losing like $0.27 a day.

Still though its bullshoot to pay for a service and the game servers arent even up. 

Hi all,

Jericho was objectively awful over the weekend. Some of the sustained attacks were over an hour.

We’ll work on a way to give back the Premium time to Jericho players. The team will continue to work on our new DDoS solution.

Sorry,

Matt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We’ll work on a way to give back the Premium time to Jericho players . - this is a strong statement , generous offer .

we need a different approach to internal Affairs in the game . 70 % do not want to buy premium because of unstable servers in the first place . players leave .

Edited by Yood

14 hours ago, Memes said:

https://www.cloudflare.com/ddos/

EDIT: @MattScott can you tell us what kind of DDOS it is?

they've been using cloudflare for years

(not sure if they use spectrum tho)

45 minutes ago, Yood said:

70 % do not want to buy premium because of unstable servers in the first place .

interesting arbitary number.

80% proceed to hit their forehead with the palm of their hands when reading certain posts on the forums.

23 hours ago, Sadira said:

You've been told, multiple times, in your thread about the EU even, that it's being worked on. You could even look at the blog post that was posted over a week ago with the progress of it.

Some people just can't read or process and comprehend what they are reading

(hey he even misspelled the name DESPITE the forums actually providing name suggestions once you type @)

Edited by neophobia

8 minutes ago, neophobia said:

80% proceed to hit their forehead with the palm of their hands when reading certain posts on the forums.

the rest play for free always 

I think i was amazed it was back then last night it happened again.

Someone doesn't like NA + APB Reloaded 😞

On 3/30/2019 at 4:51 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Sorry,
Matt

Matt these attacks have been going on for yrs not months, well before LO took over. This stems from the sheer amount of hackers within the community that for yrs got away with murder. Now that they are being challenged they are taking it out on the game and whoever is left playing. At this point anything short of new servers with new ip and mac addresses along with new coding just wont solve the issue. Oh and police involvement as this is blatantly targeted. I know new coding will come in with the new engine but it will be hacked into if there arent additional protocols in place.

On 3/30/2019 at 2:51 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Sorry,
Matt

I hope this person(s) is figured out soon and held to the fullest extent of the law, this is beyond frustrating for everyone and I can't imagine how much of a lowlife one would have to be to keep these attacks going religiously.