MattScott

Redhill Wrap up and Rewards!

18 minutes ago, Fumiku said:

"These players will get an account wide title "Conspiracy Cracker", and an exclusive new Weapon Skin made just for the event."

So there is the RIOT free skin and a themed event skin ?

13 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

I'm assuming it's going to be a Redhill themed skin, which I would LOVE

There are two different skins. One is a RedHill themed skin for the ARG. One is the free skin for RIOT Preseason which is the Japanese themed skin.

53 minutes ago, Ketog said:

@MattScott I would like to mention that while i was documenting the post, the FIRST picture of the redhill billboards were from @Kevkof he is the one at the origin of the ARG spreading in discord.

I made that edit. Thanks.

56 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Awsome ! also im totally up for the creation of an official APB discord (APB Discord Rich presence integration when ? <: )

Even if all servers had the main objective to bring the players together they all got their bad side too , having an official APB discord server would finally make everyone in those discord servers to be treated equally without any kinf of background modding / favoritism , which has been a problem quite a few times by now .

For me, it comes down to when not if we make an Official Discord channel.

The main issue is resources to properly support it.

We already receives criticism for lack of GMs, long Customer Support times, forum mods, etc. I just want to make sure we don't overextend ourselves.

1 hour ago, cheater said:

You get a reward for Bruteforcing ? LMFAO WHAT JOKE

I have already posted on this topic. They didn't just Brute force the password. They used the Morse Code hint to limit the number of characters, so they could eliminate all the other letters and numbers. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MattScott said:

There are two different skins. One is a RedHill themed skin for the ARG. One is the free skin for RIOT Preseason which is the Japanese themed skin.

Awesome! I can't wait to see the Redhill skin.

GREAT event LO

Skin looks great and the image for it aswell.

Edited by Mozie
;);)

50 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

I am now convinced that I have the power to read the future....

unknown.png

48 minutes ago, Selaya said:

Okay... weird conïncidence LittleOtbit ? Looks kinda like my tattoo.....

esvt.jpg

I made it after the new year. 

Nice work! Remind me to ask you two for the Lottery numbers next week 🙂

• Like 2

@Matt Scott Thank you Matt, I appreciate it. 😉

Edited by Selaya

1 hour ago, Amberwind said:

please make an official apb discord

totally agree with you!

Edited by MsRaccooN

1 hour ago, Rhexx said:

What did you expect? a handjob and a milkshake? The rewards are fine as is. No one that just enters a redeem code should be rewarded 1000 g1c  for doing nothing.

Id expect a little bit more thought into the prize other than 3 days of premium, Also how can you monitor who participated the most? What if there were people who didnt want to share their progression and keep the answers for themselves? 

It's possible to make that new free skin, is glowing a littlebit? Would be cool effect 😀

• Like 1

did someone say accountwide tin foil hat????????????

3 minutes ago, cheater said:

Id expect a little bit more thought into the prize other than 3 days of premium, Also how can you monitor who participated the most? What if there were people who didnt want to share their progression and keep the answers for themselves? 

If you didn't participate with the community in a community driven event, you really don't have anyone but yourself to blame.

48 minutes ago, cheater said:

That would suck. 

But how else was LO supposed to gauge who participated and who didn't?

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1

I think you did a great job with this. Tried something new and succeeded.

Staying up until 4-6am was fun i admit!
Honestly won't bark what tier i deserve, that is up to Shy and the rest of community on discord where i was active for mostly.
Though big appreciation for the ARG, i really enjoyed it, and also AMA with Shy soon? You mentioned it on discord and now im super curious!

Do hope i am considered category 2. I really regret not going with my gut and overlaying the screen with the code on the final puzzle, but you win some and lose some.

Thanks again for this ARG even if RIOT needs a bit more time to be fine tuned. It was something unique and fresh which I don't think previous companies or teams would consider trying.

The fact this event took consideration of previous lore and then added on to it shows that LittleOrbit really do care for the game and the community. It really felt like the staff went above and beyond with this!

Considering APB is a multiplayer third person shooter and not an Ace Attorney game; This wasn't going to be for everyone in the APB community, but it was a bit of a chance take by LittleOrbit with this event.

It brought the community together to work collectively, it was a fun challenge and I hope there are more puzzles and Easter eggs like this in the future.

IMO this was one of the best things that has happened to apb for a while because it brought the community together.  

Big thanks to LO and everyone who participated in this ARG it was fun journey.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

The plan is to do a RIOT Preseason as soon as the mode is ready - sort of a beta test for the various systems so we can work the kinks out in a live setting. This initial season wont have any Premium rewards, so everything will be able to be earned by players through regular play.

Are you implying APB is going to have a battle pass? Please, for the love of fucking God tell me I'm reading into this too much, because if this is a fucking battle pass then I don't even know what to say. I'll have lost literally any single fucking ounce of faith I had in you or your company if you do this (which has not much for a few months.)

You have to deal with the bullshoot of the butcher skin, and you decide to immediately create a limited time exclusive skin that only a handful of people can get, and then say you're going to add a battle pass to APB. . . my gosh. . . 8/8 m8, some good decisions are being made.

Boy oh boy do I hope that was just bad wording on your part, because everything going on is looking like you're trying to make APB into PUBG lite, in gameplay and in monetization.

• Like 1

just to make sure,  all the people who contributed accurate information on the forums/discord (to progress the arg accurately) in a timely manner get tier 1?

1 minute ago, iMiss said:

just to make sure,  all the people who contributed accurate information on the forums/discord (to progress the arg accurately) in a timely manner get tier 1?

basically anyone who would contribute early into the redhill ARG gets it
but Matt said via discord that the list isn't complete yet (if I understood his words right) and more names are supposed to appear on tier 1
"There are a number of folks that I'd consider upgrading. Just bear with us. We're not looking to penalize anyone. You guys did great."

1 minute ago, Yeedman said:

Damnit that skin looks really good

It doesn't look good , it looks AWSOME.

The event was really fun and cool, thanks again for the adventure !

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Lastly the biggest Easter Egg was this image that players pieced together.

I thought this was the biggest Easter Egg !?
matt.gif

• Like 2

don't wanna seem greedy, but could we reward(small) people that found / pointed out these easter eggs?
(for example, putting together the pieces of the picture with the new weapon skin, finding the MattScott login easter egg or maybe even finding the hidden "devilishly good devil dogs" sign)

also, 3 days premium is always kind of a smack in the face for the APB community... better make that 10 in the future (or make it a skin selector) 👍

• Like 1

That's all pretty cool. The ARG was quite an interesting event to be a part of.

Though, this bugs me a bit

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

---

Lastly the biggest Easter Egg was this image that players pieced together.

tITMqEH.png

This is a tease for an upcoming free weapon skin that players will be able to earn when RIOT launches.

---

It's not quite the full picture that was pieced together. That's just the cleaned up mirrored image that Zolerox put together.

The pieced together one looked more like:

On 3/23/2019 at 11:41 AM, Roxl said:

KNK6TMT.png