Noob_Guardian

Riot and bringing in "lore"

With Riot around the corner, and it obviously having to do with riots and likely crowd control. I have to wonder if they will create a new contact as a member of the Praetorian's "Praetorian Riot Squad" (only mentioned in-game via ltl description). Unless the new contact is going to be Prentiss Tigers, it would make some sense to bring in a riot control themed contact from game lore, even if it is just someone to buy weapons from or something without any real progression. (Ernest doesn't count cause he's more of a lethal tank than riot control)

What do you think? Will they make a contact for the event like they did Christmas events? Or will they just use normal contacts and forego anything special contact flavor wise like they do with Valentine's?

Edited by Noob_Guardian

8 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

With Riot around the corner, and it obviously having to do with riots and likely crowd control. I have to wonder if they will create a new contact as a member of the Praetorian's "Praetorian Riot Squad" (only mentioned in-game via ltl description). Unless the new contact is going to be Prentiss Tigers, it would make some sense to bring in a riot control themed contact from game lore, even if it is just someone to buy weapons from or something without any real progression. (Ernest doesn't count cause he's more of a lethal tank than riot control)

What do you think? Will they make a contact for the event like they did Christmas events? Or will they just use normal contacts and forego anything special contact flavor wise like they do with Valentine's?

Lynette casey is the new prentiss tigers contact coming out with riot. Lucas vanrooyen is the new bloodrose contact. And if they were to create new praetorian contacts they could use the non appearing shadowstrike members for it considering the fact that end game praetorian contacts are all shadowstrike. 01be3b076f89e0ab9c06ac7d47408c3b.png

Edited by damn2112
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, damn2112 said:

Lynette casey is the new prentiss tigers contact coming out with riot. Lucas vanrooyen is the new bloodrose contact

That would be a mission district contact, right? They still may do a riot only contact type thing if so... I hope

Just now, Noob_Guardian said:

That would be a mission district contact, right? They still may do a riot only contact type thing if so... I hope

They are misson district contacts. G1 were going to release them but something happened that they paused progress on those contacts for some reason.

4 minutes ago, damn2112 said:

They are misson district contacts. G1 were going to release them but something happened that they paused progress on those contacts for some reason.

They paused progress and then asked the community to add more content or pause content for the engine upgrade and then add stuff later as it would be easier. It was almost unanimous for the choice of pause creating new stuff and work on the engine upgrade.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

4 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

They paused progress and then asked the community to add more content or pause content for the engine upgrade and then add stuff later as it would be easier. It was almost unanimous for the choice of pause creating new stuff and work on the engine upgrade.

Yeah, no! The question was whether to hold back on new content 'for the rest of the year' which was at the time 5-6 months or even less 4 and a half months.

So let's stop blaming the community again because G1 deceived and manipulated the playerbase.

They didn't do any of the two options and just in general went dead silent running with the excuse that people like you were so nice to provide and justify.

edit:

Since this obviously isn't the first time feel free to read up on it

Edited by TheJellyGoo

5 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Yeah, no! The question was whether to hold back on new content 'for the rest of the year' which was at the time 5-6 months or even less.

So let's stop blaming the community again because G1 deceived and manipulated the playerbase.

They didn't do any of the two options and just in general went dead silent running with the excuse that people like you were so nice to provide and justify.

I think old G1 though it got enough assets to pull off EU 3.5 but when it came to be it was like "Oh shit, we can't make it work correctly - they gonna lynch us!"

So they dropped minor shit between trying to fix the problem - less people played game, more grown angry (including me). Effect? Bankruptcy. That last year was stagnation probably because they were operating at total zero.

Still I believe old G1 was corrupt as hell. Too much suspicious things happening with cheaters under they "rule".

Edited by Mitne

36 minutes ago, Mitne said:

I think G1 though it got enough assets to pull off EU 3.5 but when it came to be it was like "Oh shit, we can't make it work correctly - they gonna lynch us!"

So they dropped minor shit between trying to fix the problem - less people played game, more grown angry (including me). Effect? Bankruptcy. That last year was stagnation probably because they were operating at total zero.

The last 2 years (mid2017-LOtakeover) were clearly milking the players without any work being done. Anyone believing they kept working on the EU past 2017 is ignorant.

Behold that the linked post leads to a blogpost from 2016 where it was still a wide assumption that the EU was in its final phases and just needed that final push to bring it over the line.

So yes, I agree with your "Oh shit, we can't make it work correctly - they gonna lynch us!" just that they deceived their playerbase for over a year which imo borders to criminal activity.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

5 hours ago, damn2112 said:

01be3b076f89e0ab9c06ac7d47408c3b.png

Oh my god.

Where/How did you find my wikia project?

(Man, I really wish I could finish it one day. I stopped working on it when I realized I was doing this alone - and that there was so much to go through.)

6 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

The last 2 years (mid2017-LOtakeover) were clearly milking the players without any work being done. Anyone believing they kept working on the EU past 2017 is ignorant.

Behold that the linked post leads to a blogpost from 2016 where it was still a wide assumption that the EU was in its final phases and just needed that final push to bring it over the line.

So yes, I agree with your "Oh shit, we can't make it work correctly - they gonna lynch us!" just that they deceived their playerbase for over a year which imo borders to criminal activity.

dude ! is it a revolution , revolt ?

Hi there,

For clarification, Lynette and Lucas are the new mid level contacts that will get added to support the engine upgrade (merging different rewards between console and PC).

RIOT will have its own new contacts related to the new Redhill Institute lore.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, MattScott said:

For clarification, Lynette and Lucas are the new mid level contacts

mid level?

I want my lore friendly APB Lets Go App.

24 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

For clarification, Lynette and Lucas are the new mid level contacts that will get added to support the engine upgrade (merging different rewards between console and PC).

Thanks,
Matt

Cool, thanks for the clarification then.

14 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

hmm... I thought these 2 would be used to bring in new mods, clothing, a weapon and maybe a car / bodykits (like previous contacts before them)...
seeing them "fill a hole" to merge / equalize PC and console versions is kind of a let-down...

oh well, seems like you gotta come up with new contacts for the next one 🙂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stargazer said:

mid level?

There's supposed to be up to like 300 some levels so we are only half way there..

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

There's supposed to be up to like 300 some levels so we are only half way there..

Think 295 is the maximum in the game files right now.

4 hours ago, Snubnose said:

seeing them "fill a hole" to merge / equalize PC and console versions is kind of a let-down...

At least this way we don't end up with two low grade punks pretending to be end-level contacts.

On 3/30/2019 at 9:22 AM, Revoluzzer said:

At least this way we don't end up with two low grade punks pretending to be end-level contacts.

I was willing to overlook that if they brang in Floods of content.

I don't think everyone should be too disappointed "mid level contacts" maybe bring back the Han Cellante?.

*gonna go do some research into apb's console version (can't play it here my region doesn't have it)

On 3/29/2019 at 3:32 PM, GhosT said:

Think 295 is the maximum in the game files right now.

I was shootin high on purpose hehe

6 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I was shootin high on purpose hehe

The russians do have 3BC8837AF16C2DC466F6A27F873E4A961A6B9B72 slightly higer rank (he's on my friendslist ingame currently on the nekrova server)

The word around the server (in russian) is that staff had the power to just increase their rank at will.

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

3BC8837AF16C2DC466F6A27F873E4A961A6B9B72 

I didn't see it with my own eyes . 

17 hours ago, Zolerox said:

The russians do have 3BC8837AF16C2DC466F6A27F873E4A961A6B9B72 slightly higer rank (he's on my friendslist ingame currently on the nekrova server)

The word around the server (in russian) is that staff had the power to just increase their rank at will.

all staff/gms can just instamake their characters max rank... sooo

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

all staff/gms can just instamake their characters max rank... sooo

provided that these are working files . I'm thinking that 'Proga' (PROGA) <SH> --> Moderator / Staff  can tell if it was or not .

Edited by Yood

Rank 300 is the max rank. There is just not enough content to actually let players advance through the unfinished contacts to increase their rank.

Pretty sure the new contacts and the engine thing will increase it above 300. G1 always went '295 is highest code will allow' because they were too fucking lazy to tell people 'we dont have enough content and instead we wanna make ARMAS content rather than in game stuff because fuck u'