Sign in to follow this  
Lign

revert shotguns

The new pellet system is not rewarded at all. You can miss half your pellets per shot and still able to two shot. Before shotguns were strong enough but at least you had to aim right to the center of the enemy to be able to two shot, now you can play with gamepad and get easy kills.

• Like 4

no. its fine as is. there is no need to revert any changes. Reverting changes is just wrong, they should just deal with it and then run around asking 'y is no one playing anymore' because no one really cares about legitimate balance.

like not gonna lie. i have no idea why they think balancing ONE set of weapons will help balance the game. thats not how it works. you need to balance everything, not one thing and expect it to work lmao

Just now, Alani said:

no. its fine as is. there is no need to revert any changes. Reverting changes is just wrong, they should just deal with it and then run around asking 'y is no one playing anymore' because no one really cares about legitimate balance.

like not gonna lie. i have no idea why they think balancing ONE set of weapons will help balance the game. thats not how it works. you need to balance everything, not one thing and expect it to work lmao

None was asking to buff shotguns, it's superior because how strong it benefits from corners in 3rd person shooter. If you look at the history of old forum topics you're going to see that mostly people were asking to nerf ntec a bit or quickswitching with hvr

I don't usually play shottie because i'm an ntec/hvr & rpf monkey, but they felt good enough for me before the rework and they feel good enough right now. 

5 minutes ago, _chain said:

I don't usually play shottie because i'm an ntec/hvr & rpf monkey, but they felt good enough for me before the rework and they feel good enough right now. 

You wanna say that missing half of pellets and be able to two shot is good enough? Then let's get qs with hvr back. It felt good and I don't care if it's op

Edited by Lign
  • Thanks 1

I believe shotguns are in an OK state right now, due to hitreg issues and range most other weapons - especially SMGs - outplay them.

Using corner-hugging as an argument is invalid imo. You can corner camp with any weapon.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lign said:

You wanna say that missing half of pellets and be able to two shot is good enough? Then let's get qs with hvr back. It felt good and I don't car that it's op

No, i'm saying that out of the few times i've played shotty recently, i really haven't missed a lot of shots. Calm down, christ. Imo, op either didn't miss half the pellets or it's really that incredibly bad. 

1 hour ago, Lign said:

The new pellet system is not rewarded at all. You can miss half your pellets per shot and still able to two shot. Before shotguns were strong enough but at least you had to aim right to the center of the enemy to be able to two shot, now you can play with gamepad and get easy kills.

lmao this loser got used to the brokenly overpowered bullshoot that Little Orbit implemented, ran a sale on all shotguns, then reverted shotguns after the sale ended because everyone bought them cause they were so EZ Mode. 

Learn how to aim and you wont have a problem.

21 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

lmao this loser got used to the brokenly overpowered bullshoot that Little Orbit implemented, ran a sale on all shotguns, then reverted shotguns after the sale ended because everyone bought them cause they were so EZ Mode. 

Where did I say that it was easy before? I'm used to pre-LO shotties, it was strong but at least you had to aim right to the center of your enemy to two shot

Now you can miss half of pellets and still able to two shot. You don't even need to aim.

Edited by Lign
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Actually i believe he's talking about reverting the shotguns to what they used to be before LO even started to mess with how weapons work which i completely agree with, not to the overpowered version they made at the begining of their weapon balance event.

Shotguns range without ip3 is pretty shit atm.

This kinda negates the "opness" on 2 shotting in close range...

What I never liked about shotguns in APB is that they seem to shoot pellets in some kind of burst, you can notice it shooting at a car.
It feels really weird. I always have a hard time using them in APB.

i totally forgot how aids the NFAS are now.

i would like for them to not be aids anymore.

It's actually funny to see. They implemented shotgun changes in August 2018 and the population has dropped a lot if you look at steamcharts.

Edited by Lign

51 minutes ago, Lign said:

It's actually funny to see. They implemented shotgun changes in August 2018 and the population has dropped a lot if you look at steamcharts.

Pop climbed when LO took over, then went back to pre LO levels. (Which is where we are now)

I dont think it had anything to do with anything other than it being the same ol APB, just new owners.

(I too think shotguns are fucked btw)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lign said:

You can miss half your pellets per shot and still able to two shot

has not happened to me giving or receiving.

did you have lag?

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

has not happened to me giving or receiving.

did you have lag?

No, I have stable latency

11 hours ago, Lign said:

No, I have stable latency

latency isnt the only factor either though.

An example is i get 60 fps average and others get 20.

If they have that low of of fps they are actually not running smoothly from lag ( a hang) on their system.

because of that those people would see something like this happen while others do not.

Also with all the DDoS attacks from the haters who have banana envy  towards APB , this could happen as well.

As i stated , in my case this has not been happening , so I'm trying to figure out why its being said to happen to others and what could be causing it.

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

latency isnt the only factor either though.

An example is i get 60 fps average and others get 20.

If they have that low of of fps they are actually not running smoothly from lag ( a hang) on their system.

because of that those people would see something like this happen while others do not.

Also with all the DDoS attacks from the haters who have banana envy  towards APB , this could happen as well.

As i stated , in my case this has not been happening , so I'm trying to figure out why its being said to happen to others and what could be causing it.

145 FPS in my game with stable latency, I noticed many times how I miss a lot of pellets but I still kill my opponents by two shots.

It shouldn’t be like that, shotguns had been always superior and g1 made a nice decision to make them being able to twoshot only if you aim right in the center of enemy body. It was cool, skill rewarded. Strong weapon in strong hands. 

Now you don’t even need to try to aim, just strafe around and wait while your opponent is shown in your crosshair. 

Basically, by being lazy while using jg I managed to kill 4-5 enemies by corner popping and left with only 40-50% being damaged by them

Edited by Lign

10 hours ago, Lign said:

145 FPS in my game with stable latency, I noticed many times how I miss a lot of pellets but I still kill my opponents by two shots.

It shouldn’t be like that, shotguns had been always superior and g1 made a nice decision to make them being able to twoshot only if you aim right in the center of enemy body. It was cool, skill rewarded. Strong weapon in strong hands. 

Now you don’t even need to try to aim, just strafe around and wait while your opponent is shown in your crosshair. 

Basically, by being lazy while using jg I managed to kill 4-5 enemies by corner popping and left with only 40-50% being damaged by them

corners always took me in two shots before or after the pellet changes because of how up close it was for me.

I mean usually that's within 5 m when people get in a shotgun war around a corner so ....... *shrugs* dead  dinner.

Once again not saying that's what is happening on your end ~ I'm just sharing

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

corners always took me in two shots before or after the pellet changes because of how up close it was for me.

I mean usually that's within 5 m when people get in a shotgun war around a corner so ....... *shrugs* dead  dinner.

Once again not saying that's what is happening on your end ~ I'm just sharing

But at least you had a chance to kill your opponent who’s using jg. Like, I had many times when I made my opponents missing 2nd shot or hitting it but not enough to two shot me. And after the 2nd shot I had time gates where I can kill them. Still very hard but possible. But now it just doesn’t work for me