DonBlack

New matchmaking suggestion

LO just should disallow to join bronze district for those silvers who reached 215R. If you reached that rank you already have enough experience in this game and about 300-400hours  to be able to compete in silver district.

Edited by Lign

22 hours ago, DonBlack said:

That's what it is ment to solve.

No threatdistricts but district everyone can join. But you get only matched against enemies with your skilllevel or you + 1 lower skill against 1 of your skilllevel + 1 with lower skill.

Also the skilllevel isn't visible.

The problem is you’re going to match against up to 40 opponents, what if there’re no the same skill level players as yours in that instance. Your idea would cause much worse problem than we have now

2 hours ago, Lign said:

LO just should disallow to join bronze district for those silvers who reached 215R. If you reached that rank you already have enough experience in this game and about 300-400hours  to be able to compete in silver district.

I disagree! You can see a lot of players who are max rank and play really bad. Just because you have some experience in APB doesn't mean you are suddenly a good player. This is just an example: A 18 years old player who just started playing APB but played Counter Strike competitively for the past 3 years is probably going to preform better than some 12 year old kid who's first multiplayer game is APB and is above R215.

Also big part how good are you in games depends on what kind of pc and hardware you have. In some games playing on a 144Hz monitor gives you a big advantage over other players.

• Like 1

Not to mention people creating a new alt or people with multiple accounts...

what's the point of using multiple accounts ? if only to deceive ! as far as I understand ownership of multiple accounts is not acceptable .

Edited by Yood

2 hours ago, Saxtus said:

First, using people outside of your mission to help you against the enemy, supposedly is bannable (although when I contacted support with video evidence, they told me it's valid tactic) and second, you can't do objectives when you're not part of the mission, so if Little Orbit does what is suggested, just send low threat teammate to complete objectives and all good.

Ah. Well spotted. I did not think about that. 

Although it would be hilarious to watch a single bronze player run around freely doing every objective while the enemy can do nothing but watch it will probably get old quick. 

5 minutes ago, Yood said:

what's the point of using multiple accounts ? if only to deceive ! as far as I understand ownership of multiple accounts is not acceptable .

1. Could you please just use the quoting system (the button right under the post), that'll also give the person you're responding to a notification. Which in turn makes it easier to respond back, if needed.

2. Multiple game accounts are allowed, the only limitation on accounts is for forum accounts. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

1. Could you please just use the quoting system (the button right under the post), that'll also give the person you're responding to a notification. Which in turn makes it easier to respond back, if needed.

2. Multiple game accounts are allowed, the only limitation on accounts is for forum accounts. 

what's the point of using multiple accounts ? if only to deceive ! 

Edited by Yood

1 minute ago, Yood said:

what's the point of using multiple accounts ? if only to deceive ! 

Another reason why people choose to make a new account is to have more character slots without having to pay for them.

12 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

Another reason why people choose to make a new account is to have more character slots without having to pay for them.

one account , twelve characters . for any not paid . what's the point of using multiple accounts ? if only to deceive ?

Edited by Yood

1 hour ago, DeadPixels said:

I disagree! You can see a lot of players who are max rank and play really bad. Just because you have some experience in APB doesn't mean you are suddenly a good player. This is just an example: A 18 years old player who just started playing APB but played Counter Strike competitively for the past 3 years is probably going to preform better than some 12 year old kid who's first multiplayer game is APB and is above R215.

Also big part how good are you in games depends on what kind of pc and hardware you have. In some games playing on a 144Hz monitor gives you a big advantage over other players.

That doesn't mean that you should join bronze district to ruin new players experience. You have enough experience to play silver vs silver or 3 golds against 2 golds and 2 silvers.That how basically matchmaking works in silver district

Mr. Scott already explained that a new matchmaking system is been prepared but we have to wait for the phasing system (or something like that) first.

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

Mr. Scott already explained that a new matchmaking system is been prepared but we have to wait for the phasing system (or something like that) first.

Yeah, both threat calculation and matchmaking will be different in the future. 

31 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

And hopefully it will be hidden from the players. I think players being able to see their threat and the threat of others has only created problems. It should be a matchmaking tool, nothing more, we have no business seeing it... and if we can see it we can manipulate it.

2 hours ago, Lign said:

That doesn't mean that you should join bronze district to ruin new players experience. You have enough experience to play silver vs silver or 3 golds against 2 golds and 2 silvers.That how basically matchmaking works in silver district

Sheet mang, I am so bad at this game and I am 255. I regularly fluctuate between gold and silver (I do not dethreat, this is just how it goes), and I also go between the silver and bronze servers. Believe you me, there are certainly high rank dethreats in bronze who have no reason to be there, but I have also fought many max rank silvers (and even a couple bronzes) in the bronze district who are legitimately terrible at this game.. like so bad. Rank doesn't matter, it isn't a measure of skill, just persistence.

6 hours ago, Lign said:

You can do that there are some that not that they are bronze-silvers 

Rank is not a valid reason dethreathers will just reach 210 and create another account and get going

Edited by RCooper

9 hours ago, Yood said:

one account , twelve characters . for any not paid . what's the point of using multiple accounts ? if only to deceive ?

I don't know why everyone else is just giving you other reasons.

Why use other accounts?  To deceive!  I'm not kidding.  It's not the only reason, but it is a reason, and people do it.  This is why limiting districts or matchmaking based on playtime and rank will never work.  Because people will make new accounts just to smurf.  We see in many other games, there's no reason APB will be any different.  People absolutely will make new accounts just to game the system and get easier matches.

8 hours ago, Saxtus said:

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This is what I am waiting on and also sounds like the best possible choice we can make

11 hours ago, Saxtus said:

that's it . Tlv, bronze, silver already sucked at lo in the fall event .

17 hours ago, RCooper said:

You can do that there are some that not that they are bronze-silvers 

Rank is not a valid reason dethreathers will just reach 210 and create another account and get going

So, spend another 200hours to be able to play in bronze district. And you would miss donations stuff you have on your main.

On 3/27/2019 at 8:54 PM, CookiePuss said:

Never fear, Im still dumb af... thats from wikipedia... and the info was from an old Dev blog!

Why not just link to the Wikipedia entry and call it by its actual name, which is Glicko rating system?

The wording suggests that APB actually uses Glicko-2, which features rating volatility. The formulas you posted "only apply to the original Glicko system, and not its successor, Glicko-2." (as per Wikipedia)

Edited by Revoluzzer

If threat is meant to be a representative value of the player's ability to accomplish missions then imho nothing but k/d can count towards that.

It's pretty hard to accomplish a mission when you get killed all the time, and likewise pretty easy to accomplish a mission when you can just wipe out the opposition in a swift stroke.

That'll also make life a lot harder for dethreaters, since they can no longer abuse demerits or the opposition's willingness to actually play seriously in order to go about their way.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 4:00 AM, Lign said:

any silver who was forced to do this could easily become a bronze and any gold in silver district would exploit them.

Sorry not a good idea.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

any silver who was forced to do this could easily become a bronze and any gold in silver district would exploit them.

Sorry not a good idea.

To dethreat to bronze you have to spend much more time then deathreating to silver

8 hours ago, Lign said:

To dethreat to bronze you have to spend much more time then deathreating to silver

not  anywhere near what i said though.

any silver trapped in silver who becomes a bronze would only be troll food against the golds.

how many bronzes become silver who arent true silvers?

how many new players would be caught up in locking silvers out of silver who are actually bronzes?

that would absolutely kill apb to do that to people.