DonBlack

New matchmaking suggestion

Remove the threatsystem completely then make matchmaking go after the k/d of the players.

Like for example players with 2.0-2.5 vs players with 2.0-2.5 and and players with 0-0.7 vs players with 0-0.7..

This would solve dethreating wouldn't  it? Because if you are playing against worse enemies you get more kills so next time you will get better enemies.

Might be a shit idea but would work better than the current system I think..

Edited by DonBlack
  • Like 2

why not instead of making it easier for dethreaters, just let dethreaters pick and choose what threatlevel they are?

As long as the game allows people to see their threat level, they will always want and be able to manipulate it.

• Thanks 3

Its not sht idea is called common sense.Besides kill and deaths also assist must be included.But if is too complicated yea only k/d ratio

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

Actually sounds like the only possible way to make it worse.

Can't fix humans. Scrubs will always find ways to exploit systems. Don't ruin it for everyone else because of them.

Where have the actual gamers gone that had an urge to improve and challenge themselves. Fuck'n sad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DonBlack said:

Remove the threatsystem completely then make matchmaking go after the k/d of the players.

👍

sry double post(ill actually use it to add something)

Is enough to make 3 skill groups according that k/d ratio.Like 1st group which matches ends around 3 kills-10 deaths,2nd group around even 7-7,5-7,7-5 etc and 3rd group which gonna be 10-3 or better(dats just examples)Its enough to have 3 skill lvl groups which not gonna be visible and abused(name it bronze,silver,gold or stage 1-2-3 or whatever you want)All this with removed visible threat ofc.Now the game have 3 skill groups(at least)which play in 2 skill districts.Guess who suffers most-new players.Tell me how this make any sense for players or even bussiness state point

Edited by TheMessiah

5 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Can't fix humans. Scrubs will always find ways to exploit systems. Don't ruin it for everyone else because of them.

Where have the actual gamers gone that had an urge to improve and challenge themselves. Fuck'n sad.

Yeah i remember when i started playing APB everybody was so eager to improve and win missions, they really wanted to get their ranks higher and higher. You look APB now and you can't believe how much it changed, there are more dethreaters in this game than actual cheaters! A big problem is that you can't even kick the dethreater if he doesn't have a demerit medal

• Like 2

Yeah let's make winning missions meaningless.

I already love it when I lose cuz my dumb teammates have to satiate their egos running off to get kills. 

tl;dr. hard pass

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I would like to enter a silver server, to be able to play with the same equality, but it is overwhelming as they are full of golds, bronzes full of gold players that do nothing but hide others is very sad; How many years have we suffered this sentence?

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah let's make winning missions meaningless.

I already love it when I lose cuz my dumb teammates have to satiate their egos running off to get kills. 

tl;dr. hard pass

True.. thats a problem. but how would you implement this? 

Maybe  k/d x 1,n  n being the mission objectives you do?

Maybe even   k,a/d x 1,n   a being assists.

Edited by DonBlack

3 minutes ago, villanueva said:

I would like to enter a silver server, to be able to play with the same equality, but it is overwhelming as they are full of golds, bronzes full of gold players that do nothing but hide others is very sad; How many years have we suffered this sentence?

That's what it is ment to solve.

No threatdistricts but district everyone can join. But you get only matched against enemies with your skilllevel or you + 1 lower skill against 1 of your skilllevel + 1 with lower skill.

Also the skilllevel isn't visible.

8 minutes ago, DonBlack said:

Best we can do is wait for phasing. 

This will remove the need for threat based districts, and will always weigh your current threat against the overall player pool ... Not just against that of the single district you are in. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DonBlack said:

Maybe even   k,a/d x 1,n   a being assists.

so... basically the current score system?

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Best we can do is wait for phasing. 

This will remove the need for threat based districts, and will always weigh your current threat against the overall player pool ... Not just against that of the single district you are in. 

^

the current system itself isn't too flawed - the main issues are that it can only match you against the players in the current district. (and making dethreating possible. which is almost always the case though... but the impact with matching against basically everyone would solve that. to some degree)

i'd also suggest to somehow factor in playtime since experience is quite important in this game... but ye, there are also bad r255 golds with 2k hours (me xd)

Edited by neophobia

11 minutes ago, neophobia said:

so... basically the current score system?

Oh fuck haha didn't even notice...

well but currently only kills and not k/d are weighted.

so basically removing threatbased districts would solve the problem with dethreating?

But also there is a need to remove bronzes being called in mission with golds. 1 good gold vs 4 bronzes still lets the gold demolish the bronzes easily.

Edited by DonBlack

K/D isn't even a good stat to create matchmaking with.

Also, when will people realize that the current playerbase is way too low to create any sort of balanced matchmaking? It's impossible at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

FYI threat is currently calculated by using a bayesian modified version of this formula:

FF4Xtw6.png

• Thanks 1

Anythings better than the shit we have now :^)

Merged.

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

FYI threat is currently calculated by using a bayesian modified version of this formula:

FF4Xtw6.png

looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo nerd bullshoot.

quit being a fucking nerd, nerd.

Just now, a Pair of Socks said:

looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo nerd bullshoot.

quit being a fucking nerd, nerd.

Never fear, Im still dumb af... thats from wikipedia... and the info was from an old Dev blog!

15 hours ago, neophobia said:

i'd also suggest to somehow factor in playtime since experience is quite important in this game... but ye, there are also bad r255 golds with 2k hours (me xd)

I know a lot of OBT accounts which have 15000-20000 murders and the amount of time more than 3000 hours .

information about the game time can certainly be shown.  but I'd rather see the enemy ping ! since this is one of the main pairs of games that leads you to victory .

People thinking that flawed matchmaking systems will be better than the current one despite the current one being the same system that every other game uses that they praise except the difference being APB does not have the population to support it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

People thinking that flawed matchmaking systems will be better than the current one despite the current one being the same system that every other game uses that they praise except the difference being APB does not have the population to support it.

This.

Back then when we had like 2-5 k players it worked because enough normal peps played this game.

Right now half of population dethreats, abuse system or hack and matchmaking can't properly place them creating chaos in that system. The fact that only one or two districts are full at time doesn't help at all - as whole population concetrate in them - both good and bad.

Why don't they just make players with lower threat always appear grey/invincible to higher threat players until they hurt/damage the higher threat player? 

Bonus points making Bronze/Greens always appear grey to Golds or if a Gold kills too many Bronzies, they becomes permanent N/P5 until they leave the server.

10 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Why don't they just make players with lower threat always appear grey/invincible to higher threat players until they hurt/damage the higher threat player?

Because it can be exploited: A team can have someone low threat to follow the enemy and report back.

6 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Because it can be exploited: A team can have someone low threat to follow the enemy and report back.

You don't even need to be part of a mission to report the enemies' position to your friends...

3 minutes ago, heelruby said:

You don't even need to be part of a mission to report the enemies' position to your friends...

First, using people outside of your mission to help you against the enemy, supposedly is bannable (although when I contacted support with video evidence, they told me it's valid tactic) and second, you can't do objectives when you're not part of the mission, so if Little Orbit does what is suggested, just send low threat teammate to complete objectives and all good.

• Like 1