blockblack

Will reporting a troll get him banned?

Someone is stalking me and trolling me, he uses his car to ram me while pressing horn which is so annoying, I ignored him but he somehow knows which server I go into so he joins me and gets his car and keep following me with it and ram me while pressing horn which makes me fail in mission because I don`t get there on time, he keeps saying I am an A**hole because I witnessed him when he had 70k and I took them all, I keep telling him witnessing is a main part of the game but he is still mad and keeps insulting me and stalking me in-game, will reporting that troll get him banned?

1 minute ago, blockblack said:

Someone is stalking me and trolling me, he uses his car to ram me while pressing horn which is so annoying, I ignored him but he somehow knows which server I go into so he joins me and gets his car and keep following me with it and ram me while pressing horn which makes me fail in mission because I don`t get there on time, he keeps saying I am an A**hole because I witnessed him when he had 70k and I took them all, I keep telling him witnessing is a main part of the game but he is still mad and keeps insulting me and stalking me in-game, will reporting that troll get him banned?

Take video.

Make report.

https://support.gamersfirst.com/hc/en-us

(then wait 2-6 months)

Edited by CookiePuss

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Take video.

Make report.

(then wait 2-6 months)

2-6 month is too long, I mean this game got like 1000 players, which means it gets like 80 reports a day, they can read them in less than an hour.

4 minutes ago, blockblack said:

2-6 month is too long, I mean this game got like 1000 players, which means it gets like 80 reports a day, they can read them in less than an hour.

That was a little joke.

Ive no idea how long support would take to review this.

18 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Take video.

Make report.

(then wait 2-6 months)

2-6 months? that's cutting it real close to a quick response call. I'd say 2-3 years at best. but whose to say, they have improved over time and might actually take less then a year :3

@cookyPuss is right though. just get some video footage and send the files to support, its all we can really do right now since they got their hands full on other things. however the person keeps griefing other players, the higher chance the team will have to take action to stop them, be it a suspension or a ban, its all up to them.

Edited by IRyanI

41 minutes ago, blockblack said:

Let me provide 1 quote from tiggs

"And in fact we found ourselves analyzing some matches where EVERYONE accused everyone else of cheating, but no one was actually cheating!"

Source: https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/search?q=no+one+was+cheating (because why would i say something that isn't true and i couldn't back up. What am i yood?)

It's (or was) alot more then 80 per day 1 player can easiler (mostly bronzes) report 7 people per day.

Edited by Zolerox

yeah using tiggs as a source...

xd

tiggs thought fairfight worked.

Support is obviously undermanned and arent divided between sections, so they gotta take their time to get each report seen which always takes a bit. do what kooky cooky said and make video and send to support. then just wait.

tbh i dont think the angry nerd you witnessed will be bothering you all the time anyhow. unless he in college. then he might

2-4 months to review and 2-4 months to investigate. Sad, but trolls and cheaetrs leaves APB faster than "LO" does something.

No. You can troll, grief, be discriminatory, harass people. nothing will ever happen. 

go to the "search" tab when pressing U in-game.

And bottom right corner of the that tab there's something like "let other players search your location" or something like that.

Disable that, and he won't know where you are (he will know if you're online or offline tho)

9 hours ago, Hiaro said:

No. You can troll, grief, be discriminatory, harass people. nothing will ever happen. 

tell that to the guy who blocked the car spawn with a trash truck

23 hours ago, Zolerox said:

"And in fact we found ourselves analyzing some matches where EVERYONE accused everyone else of cheating, but no one was actually cheating!"

Source: https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/search?q=no+one+was+cheating (because why would i say something that isn't true and i couldn't back up. What am i yood?)

It's (or was) alot more then 80 per day 1 player can easiler (mostly bronzes) report 7 people per day.

Taking anything that Tiggs said with remotely any value

6YKqULG.png

I've been reporting the same 2 players since LO took over. I would say on average 20 reports a week if they play daily. Most are in game reports, but I do send multiple screenshots with time/date/server every so often to customer support. Nearly every match they AFK, teamkill and suicide, while avoiding the mission objectives. Clearly that's not considered harassment or dethreating.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

On 3/26/2019 at 4:37 PM, blockblack said:

1000 players... thats absurdly optimistic.

10 hours ago, SillyBear said:

1000 players... thats absurdly optimistic.

9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

numbers are higher

Average 512

Peak 956

On 3/27/2019 at 6:19 AM, Zolerox said:

you're pointing to a reference to the work of an anti-cheat who certainly did his job . 99 % of the reports received in the support service are a mistake .

Edited by Yood

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Average 512

Peak 956

maybe for yesterday dunno about today either

a week or two ago when i was sick it was around 1200 to 1300 from what someone showed on the forums

it fluctuates

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

maybe for yesterday dunno about today either

a week or two ago when i was sick it was around 1200 to 1300 from what someone showed on the forums

it fluctuates

Last 30 days*

Average 512

Peak 956

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Last 30 days*

Average 512

Peak 956

hmm ok thats odd his post showed it differently.

ok thanks

23 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

hmm ok thats odd his post showed it differently.

ok thanks

yeah even peak we havent hit 1200 since January

its been a steady decline of players since LO took over... we are back to just below pre-LO numbers now

Edited by CookiePuss

so we need more stripper poles.... ok

(saints row logic)

btw realized we are off topic oops....

if a troll does it during a match then probably "not much" will happen but if he keeps doing it then possibility odds rise

depending on the infractions will determine as well what happens to him.

Edited by Fortune Runner

as it is right now if enough people report someone a GM appears (tested it with a group of my friends) they make the decision even if 300 people reported that 1 person won't get banned unless they are actually doing something not right.

A troll (if they take it too far) will get banned.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:37 PM, blockblack said:

I mean how did you calculate this?

10 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

In fact, we did break the 1000 player mark last week. Both during Saturday and Sunday there were more than 1000 players online globally at Citadel peak time around 8pm CET, according to this.

Not that it matters much, though. 950, 1050, or 1200 are all very unhealthy pop-figures.

Edited by AsgerLund