Ketog

The reason why ghostshots happen.

8 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

Nope, that's not the one I'm referring to.

Oh well then i have no idea about this .

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

Oh well then i have no idea about this .

I think he means this. Its an old video but the same thing still happens sometimes when you switch from tapfire to keeping the mouse button down.

Edited by Fuechslein

On 3/26/2019 at 3:25 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

As much as I appreciate the banter on the forums, I appreciate the time spent by Ketog to post his findings. 

This is an irritating problem that we have spent months hunting down.

Let's keep this civil and respect, what I believe, was meant to be a helpful post.

Thanks,

Matt

How is he able to use macros like this without being kicked/banned from server?

Whatever the reason, it needs a fix. Really goofy when an opgl grenade flies out, and then nothing happens, Though that's a fairly rare occurrence.

Im slowly starting to ask myself if people here actually read the original thread, there's so much questions or assumtions that are completely off topic here, i invite all of you to read again the whole topic to not miss any info and be sure to actually understand what i am talking about.

On 3/27/2019 at 7:13 PM, MartisLTU said:

I have question ! ... So i constantly getting bad hitreg on full auto weapons, while most ppl. i meet in FC have perfect hitreg on same weapon.

If i use macro with 16-17ms on full auto weapons .. does it counts as cheating or fix ?

This is not a cheating forum, also i said in the main topic that for APB the delay is not 15 ms but 50 , which is a hige problem.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:01 PM, Yood said:

please tell me how do I apply the macro and install the Advanced APB Launcher ?  I'm new and play APB on the console .

This is not a cheating forum, don't count on me to teach you how to play unfairly.

On 3/27/2019 at 11:40 PM, Uhtdred said:

The more latency you have, the more ghost shots you get. I can confirm this, because i used to play hoplon with 50ms and got almost no ghost shots (with carbine), now i play with 190ms and get ghost shots all the time.

That's a completely different issue , of course higher Latency will cause a slower game responsiveness, but if you have ghostshots or "bad hitreg" it's mostly caused by packet loss (which indirectly means an unstable connection ) it will indirectly make your latency higher but higher latancy is NOT the reason of worse hit registration, you can have a high latency while having a perfect hitreg / no ghostshots if your connection is stable .

Now my thread has nothing to do with actual client/server latancy , here im talking about the time APB need to properly process your input , which is a completely different thing .

2 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

So... now i know why i press R and still end up without a reload...

No this is a completely different issue, and in most cases it's just because there is a bolt/refire delay that you need to get trough before being able to actually reload .

(i would be wrong about that tho)

On 3/29/2019 at 1:38 PM, Fuechslein said:

I think he means this. Its an old video but the same thing still happens sometimes when you switch from tapfire to keeping the mouse button down.

Oh yeah that happened to me multiple times indeed.

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Whatever the reason, it needs a fix. Really goofy when an opgl grenade flies out, and then nothing happens, Though that's a fairly rare occurrence.

This is another bug , it's usually not a ghost shot but the grenade actually going trough the ground and falling under the map, or it could also just be that you fired into water.

Edited by Ketog

2 hours ago, Ketog said:

This is not a cheating forum, don't count on me to teach you how to play unfairly.

I don't need training from you. I ask you ! can I do (create macros) , install Adventure launcher on the console ?

This is the problem with the FBW, Old timers will hate this but it needs to be fixed. Why should you have a pistol that takes years to master the rhythm for. No other gun in the game is like this. It's major turn off. Unless that is we don't want more people to discover, comeback and the game to grow.

Get your Silver post and dislike button ready....

5 hours ago, Havana said:

Why should you have a pistol that takes weeks to master the rhythm for.

Fixed that for you.

On 3/26/2019 at 5:02 PM, Ketog said:

Hello everyone , as the engine upgrade is getting closer to us, i've decided to finally make that video (as the engine upgrade might actually be a fix for this), showing why do ghostshots in apb happen and even how to make them intentionally .

Here is a (quite long) video with me showing everything, for people that do not want to watch it , i will also explain it in text under this video :

Why do ghostshots happen and how i found out what causes them :

Alright so , i was basically trying to make a tap fire macro NTEC to see how fast the gun can be fired while keeping maximum accuracy , and i've noticed that whatever i did , i was having an insane ammounts of ghostshots when trying the macro on my clanmates, i then found this in a guide to make macros work properly on most games :

Ghostshots.PNG

This talks about the keyboard , but it also seems to be a thing for the mouse in APB, Basically what that text says, is if you don't hold your keys for more than 15ms  the game won't register it as it checks every 15ms if a key is pressed, but what i noticed with apb, is that for the mouse, that delay is not 15ms but ~50ms which is considerably higher, what this means is , if you hold your shooting key for less than 50ms there is an aproximative 50-70% chance that you will do a ghostshot (which is actually hear your gun fireing, having the recoil of it, and seeing the muzzle flash, but not actually shooting a bullet server side)

Before going further i want to say that i do not condone the use of macros, do not use macros, you WILL get banned if you do, im doing this for educational puproses and the sake of curiosity.

In this video , i basically made two macros that does 3 shot bursts of NTEC to achieve maximum accuracy + maximum fire rate  with , one that holds LMB for about 1ms delay and the other that holds LMB for about 150-170ms

The first macros with a 1 MS LMB hold , generates up to 3 ghostshots in a single burst

The second one with a 170ms LMB Hold has no ghostshots .

this shows that if you don't hold LMB for longer than 50ms it's basically a matter of luck if your shots get registered or not, the problem with this is that you don't even need to be need to be an experienced player to produce a click that lasts less than 50ms , actually most people will without much effort, produce a click that lasts less than 30ms . 

So in the end, all of this shows that :

Tap fireing someone very fast at close range, will make you very likely to get ghot shots.

If you are somone that's very reactive, and tend to do clicks in quick sucessions to hit someone, you're also likely to get ghostshots.

Basically any type of fast gameplay can result in ghost shots.

Here is some more things i noticed :

-Those type of ghostshots seems to happen mostly on automatic weapons.

-It can also happen with semi auto weapons, but is much less likely to do so.

-Shotguns are also prone to this problem, especially after switching weapons.

Now as i said above, this issue might be caused by APB running on directX9 which is a very old version of DirectX, as the engine upgrade uses DX 11 this problem might disappear or at least heavly be mitigated .

So yeah this is it, please take all of this info with a grain of salt as the tests were done with only a few people, while all of them experienced the same results as i did, it doesn't mean that everyone will, thanks.

You sound cute lmao. Like the cute when your aunt squeezes your cheeks. 😅

35 minutes ago, OfficerHot said:

Of course he's cute, look at that egg head.

56 minutes ago, OfficerHot said:

20 minutes ago, Keijinnn said:

Of course he's cute, look at that egg head.

i indeed don't have a very manly voice for my age 403295297159299083.png?v=1

• Like 2

You did a really good job out there, keep up Ketog.

Edited by Takotak

Your video I suppose is interesting, your use of macro is also interesting however that is only part of the greater equation that is frame or more to the point Client FPS: MS lag and or latency issues these also can cause ghost shots or hit reg issues or even an entire clip to vanish causing you to be on the reload when you thought you had just reloaded that wonderful N-tec of yours or whatever you are using in the mean time.

Now I understand what people mean by ghost shots..

On 4/2/2019 at 9:53 AM, LoliHax said:

Your video I suppose is interesting, your use of macro is also interesting however that is only part of the greater equation that is frame or more to the point Client FPS: MS lag and or latency issues these also can cause ghost shots or hit reg issues or even an entire clip to vanish causing you to be on the reload when you thought you had just reloaded that wonderful N-tec of yours or whatever you are using in the mean time.

This is taken into account , that video was done with 200 MS and a constant 0 packet loss , my friend which has 30ms also tried it and got the exact same results , ghostshots do happen when you have packet loss , but the issue im showing has been proven to not be tied with latency whatsoever .

On 3/27/2019 at 11:13 AM, MartisLTU said:

I have question ! ... So i constantly getting bad hitreg on full auto weapons, while most ppl. i meet in FC have perfect hitreg on same weapon.

If i use macro with 16-17ms on full auto weapons .. does it counts as cheating or fix ?

With an automatic weapon, you'll be holding down the fire key for longer than 50ms so you don't have to worry.

if you wish to prevent this problem for semi automatic weapons but don't want to macro, you can create a 1:1 macro. Just make it so when pressing left click, it activates a macro that holds left click for 50ms and nothing more. Shouldn't have a noticeable impact but you won't ever fall under that delay, which should help.

• Like 1

Unreal Engine is garbage unless I had bad luck to play only bad games that are using it.

Did some cleanup and updated the topic so it's clearer and easier on the eyes.

16 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Unreal Engine is garbage unless I had bad luck to play only bad games that are using it.

Well, this problem isn't specifically tied to unreal engine but more like APB itself but before going to conclusions, let's gently wait for the engine upgrade and see how things are after it, as i said the directX version used by the game might affect this in a positive way.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:02 PM, Ketog said:

Hello everyone , as the engine upgrade is getting closer to us, i've decided to finally make that video (as the engine upgrade might actually be a fix for this), showing why do ghostshots in apb happen and even how to make them intentionally .

Here is a (quite long) video with me showing everything, for people that do not want to watch it , i will also explain it in text under this video :

Why do ghostshots happen and how i found out what causes them :

Alright so , i was basically trying to make a tap fire macro NTEC to see how fast the gun can be fired while keeping maximum accuracy , and i've noticed that whatever i did , i was having an insane ammounts of ghostshots when trying the macro on my clanmates, when trying to find a fix for my issue i found this in a guide to make macros work properly on most games :

Ghostshots.PNG

This text above is about the keyboard, but it also seems to be a thing for the mouse in APB, Basically what that text says, is if you don't hold your keys for more than 15ms  the game won't register it as it checks every 15ms if a key is pressed.

But what i found with APB, while the text above says DirectInput checks for presses every 15 MS, with some experimenting i found that for APB's case this delay is not 15ms but ~50ms which is considerably higher, what this means is , if you hold your shooting key for less than 50ms there is an aproximative 50-70% chance that you will do a ghostshot (The definition of a ghost shot is you shooting a bullet, getting the recoil from it and also the muzzle flash with a sound effect, but not actually shooting a bullet server side, which means your enemies don't see you shooting (which is the reason you don't loose a bullet in a mag and do not see a hitmarker))

Before going further i want to say that i do not condone the use of macros, do not use macros, you WILL get banned if you do, im doing this for educational puproses and the sake of curiosity.

In the video shown above, i basically made two macros that does 3 shot bursts of NTEC to achieve maximum accuracy + maximum fire rate;

- The first one holds the left mouse button (LMB) for about one millisecond (1ms) when shooting bullets .

- The second macro holds the left mouse button (LMB) for a duration between 150 an 170 miliseconds (150-170ms) when shooting bullets.

Here's the results:

The first macro with a 1 MS LMB hold , generates up to 3 ghostshots in a single 3bullet burst.

The second macro with an ~170ms LMB Hold has no ghostshots.

This shows that if you don't hold LMB for longer than 50ms it's basically a matter of luck if your shots get registered or not, the problem with this is that you don't even need to be need to be an experienced player to produce a click that lasts less than 50ms, and actually most people will without much effort produce a click that lasts less than 30ms. 

So in the end, all of this shows that :

Tap fireing someone very fast at close range, will make you very likely to get ghot shots.

If you are somone that's very reactive, and tend to do clicks in quick sucessions to hit someone, you're also likely to get ghostshots.

Basically any type of fast gameplay can result in ghost shots.

Here is some more things i noticed :

-Those type of ghostshots seems to happen mostly on automatic weapons.

-It can also happen with semi auto weapons, but is much less likely to do so.

-Shotguns are also prone to this problem, especially after switching weapons(might be another completely unrelated issue though).

Now as i said above, this issue might be caused by APB running on directX9 which is a very old version of DirectX, as the engine upgrade uses DX 11 this problem might disappear or at least heavly be mitigated .

Notes ;

Those tests were done with me, playing APB at a stable 101 FPS, and a ping(latency) of 230 with a constant 0 packet loss.

My friend, which tried this the exact same way as i did, had a stable 60 FPS with, a ping(latency) of 30 with a constant 0 packet loss.

I am aware that ghostshot do happen due to bad connections, but this thread shows one type of ghostshot doesn't doesn't depend in the stabillity of your connection .

So yeah this is it, please take all of this info with a grain of salt as the tests were done with only a few people, while all of them experienced the same results as i did, it doesn't mean that everyone will, thanks.

idk why other people b*tching about but this is some interesting shit. I see you put in some time in this. good job my dude

So I was just browsing the forums going further and further back, reading different threads and the likes when I landed here. Instantly I was reminded of today's play session where I was just firing the RFP to get a feel for it when I noticed that for one of the shots despite the gun visually firing, the ammo count did not decrease at all. So I tried firing it a few more times to reproduce the same outcome and I was successful a few times in doing so

What I want to ask is @MattScott will the engine upgrade to 3.5 potentially fix this bug/issue?

The issue with rapid fire macros is that there seems to be latency between your hardware, computer, and servers.  Even though you have perfectly timed shots via the macro, your computer may not relay is perfectly and the latency between your computer and the servers will also disrupt the perfect timing in the macros.

This basically results in shots being skipped.

good OP. I also noticed on full auto guns if you double-click-and-hold very quickly, you will ghost shot the first 5-10 bullets no matter what. I tried this on pretty much every gun years ago and they still do that today.  Works 100% of the time on the PMG, Alig, Shaw, Eurayle and the OCA.

Shittybeans lol.

please tell me how do I apply the macro and install the Advanced APB Launcher ?  I'm new and play APB on the console .

is the macro legal ?

Edited by olo

9 hours ago, olo said:

is the macro legal ?

You can't use the advanced launcher on APB Console, as for macros they are against apb's terms of service, so refrain yourself from asking things like this here.