I think matchmaking is drunk....

Friendly reminder that Silver 10 and Gold 1 are basically the same thing. 

Best advice I can give is to not let colors intimidate you, and to play every match with confidence. 

You'll find a lot of this perceived "unfairness" was all in your head.  

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Friendly reminder that Silver 10 and Gold 1 are basically the same thing. 

Best advice I can give is to not let colors intimidate you, and to play every match with confidence. 

You'll find a lot of this perceived "unfairness" was all in your head.  

but what if u get 2 or 3 silvers pitted against u when ur by urself

EXPLAIN THAT ONE HUH MR KNOW IT ALL.

SHARE THE SECRETS.

29 minutes ago, Alani said:

but what if u get 2 or 3 silvers pitted against u when ur by urself

EXPLAIN THAT ONE HUH MR KNOW IT ALL.

SHARE THE SECRETS.

Go NFAS and make them uninstall... duh.

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Go NFAS and make them uninstall... duh.

I went ACES instead

howdoumakeimagesappear

Only the gold ragequit after getting killed once.

Edited by Alani
images

When an SPCT members says just use NFas lmao.

27 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

When an SPCT members says just use NFas lmao.

nFaS iS pErFeCtLy bAlAnCeD

On 3/25/2019 at 12:59 AM, a Pair of Socks said:

Ie1QhfX.png

Matchmaking working as intended, no problems here

20 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Matchmaking working as intended, no problems here

ur mom is working as intended. 

On 3/25/2019 at 6:40 AM, MartisLTU said:

I don't think that we can blame 10 years old Matchmaking, when districts are full of ppl. who play in lower threat dist. just to get more kills and ez wins. Ofc we cant forget 300-500 pop. 

*Threat lock districts.

*If player changes threat don't give him any mission till he goes into right dist.

*Remove ability to dethreat. You cant go down by threat unless you didin't play few weeks or more.  

*Add few open conflict dists. so ppl. still could group up with different threat friends.

*Or remove threats and add new Matchmaking system. 

You want to lose the remaining 300 people who play? Threat locking districts is what made joker lose 500 players in a month and a half to 3 months. 

6 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You want to lose the remaining 300 people who play? Threat locking districts is what made joker lose 500 players in a month and a half to 3 months. 

Well i give 2 options not just locking districts. Tho if players leaved APB just because district lock  ... its little bit suspicion. Because players always were sad about bad matchmaking and tons of dethreaters. And when G1 dropped district lock to save all those poor players and increase performance of matchmaking "500 players leaved in a month".

Well it makes me think that those who leaved, were dethreaters and they simple wasn't able to deal vs same threat/skills players as they were.

(Also we cant blame district lock alone ... ppl. leaved APB cuz of cheaters and performance)

5 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

Well i give 2 options not just locking districts. Tho if players leaved APB just because district lock  ... its little bit suspicion. Because players always were sad about bad matchmaking and tons of dethreaters. And when G1 dropped district lock to save all those poor players and increase performance of matchmaking "500 players leaved in a month".

Well it makes me think that those who leaved, were dethreaters and they simple wasn't able to deal vs same threat/skills players as they were.

(Also we cant blame district lock alone ... ppl. leaved APB cuz of cheaters and performance)

I mean, my clan was a mix of bronze to gold and we all played in silver for fun. A bunch ended up upthreating into gold and got annihilated and quit during gold lock. We had 15 to 30 active members on the weekend before gold lock, by the end of gold lock only 5 remained.

I spent a week trying to dethreat and couldn't during gold lock to play with clan members and get away from the cheaters, glitch and exploit abusers, and macro users. 

Gold lock made it so that even the mediocre silvers who upthreated (it was and is piss easy to get gold) couldn't get fair opp nor fair games. Yes there cheaters and performance in gold districts did not help either, but the massive problem is that anyone unlucky enough to get or be gold during that time felt instantly punished and mandated to play against the trash every... Single.... Match. I went against cheat clans and well known now "unbanned" cheaters 5+ missions in a row, before getting a single fair match. Then it went back to facing the first group.

You really think locking people into that situation is going to make more people play the game? If gold is only 20% of the pop, then 50% shouldn't have disappeared.

Granted not nearly as many people cheat anymore, which is great, but the previous lock experience has tarnished every thought of going back to it. Ironically the old gm team also disappeared shortly after the lock was lifted. So take that as you will.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I mean, my clan was a mix of bronze to gold and we all played in silver for fun. A bunch ended up upthreating into gold and got annihilated and quit during gold lock. We had 15 to 30 active members on the weekend before gold lock, by the end of gold lock only 5 remained.

I spent a week trying to dethreat and couldn't during gold lock to play with clan members and get away from the cheaters, glitch and exploit abusers, and macro users. 

Gold lock made it so that even the mediocre silvers who upthreated (it was and is piss easy to get gold) couldn't get fair opp nor fair games. Yes there cheaters and performance in gold districts did not help either, but the massive problem is that anyone unlucky enough to get or be gold during that time felt instantly punished and mandated to play against the trash every... Single.... Match. I went against cheat clans and well known now "unbanned" cheaters 5+ missions in a row, before getting a single fair match. Then it went back to facing the first group.

You really think locking people into that situation is going to make more people play the game? If gold is only 20% of the pop, then 50% shouldn't have disappeared.

Granted not nearly as many people cheat anymore, which is great, but the previous lock experience has tarnished every thought of going back to it. Ironically the old gm team also disappeared shortly after the lock was lifted. So take that as you will.

This is why i was saying: *Add few open conflict dists. so ppl. still could group up with different threat friends. 

And yes ofc making gold threat to reach harder would be good change too.

12 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

This is why i was saying: *Add few open conflict dists. so ppl. still could group up with different threat friends. 

no one used them though. it was lonely.

It would be better to have special events during the day that would rotate between cycles like an open conflict event , or a car heist event for the district to capture and turn them in.

Of course make it to where people aren't forced to either though.

This is just an idea  - I'm not pitching it so don't swing people lol

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

no one used them though. it was lonely.

No one used them because they could just dethreat and stomp noobs on bronze districts all day without being forced back to silver or gold districts by some kind of automated system.

1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:

No one used them because they could just dethreat and stomp noobs on bronze districts all day without being forced back to silver or gold districts by some kind of automated system.

open conflict has nothing to do with bronze or silver district in any way.

there were no threats visible and had to do with.......... open conflict

any other special event district gets pretty much empty by week two......... BXNNXD and CookiePuss mentioned this during the special events Little Orbit had at the end of last year on a thread somewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Group of golds vs random noobs on bronze is almost like group of golds vs potentionally random noobs on OC. Most players here dethreat that they can play against easy opponents, while they're making justifications about cheaters being the reason why they do so, or they have bronze/green friend. So if there was stricter threat segregation in place that prevents golds staying on bronze districts for example, we could probably see more players on OC.

Edited by xHenryman90x

1 hour ago, xHenryman90x said:

Group of golds vs random noobs on bronze is almost like group of golds vs potentionally random noobs on OC. Most players here dethreat that they can play against easy opponents, while they're making justifications about cheaters being the reason why they do so, or they have bronze/green friend. So if there was stricter threat segregation in place that prevents golds staying on bronze districts for example, we could probably see more players on OC.

open conflict was its own district it has NOTHING to do with bronze district

its been said enough times.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

open conflict was its own district it has NOTHING to do with bronze district

its been said enough times.

Exactly i agree, but you seem to get wrong impression about what i'm trying to say.

19 minutes ago, xHenryman90x said:

Exactly i agree, but you seem to get wrong impression about what i'm trying to say.

i got your point just fine. you missed mine

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

i got your point just fine. you missed mine

How my point isn't logical then?

Just now, xHenryman90x said:

How my point isn't logical then?

because no one played open conflict - and keep in mind most people admitted to this on forums and in district - not because of bronze or silver but because no one was there to begin with.

like recent event districts for the holidays.....by the 2nd week they were mostly empty.

cant use a district if no ones there for a match

also keep in mind im going by what people have admitted to for a very long time. its not my personal opinion.

my personal opinion is poor implementation of the districts and lack of engine update in the past that would of killed this problem before it happened

1 minute ago, Fortune Runner said:

because no one played open conflict - and keep in mind most people admitted to this on forums and in district - not because of bronze or silver but because no one was there to begin with.

It's true that OC district is pointless at the moment with this current threat segregation that allows you to dethreat from gold to silver so you can join bronze and stay there.

Just now, xHenryman90x said:

It's true that OC district is pointless at the moment with this current threat segregation that allows you to dethreat from gold to silver so you can join bronze and stay there.

also dont forget silvers who turn gold arent real golds.

ive turned gold from being carried and completing task objectives.

the current threat as well as matchmaking systems need to be updated but for that to be properly effective in deployment will take the engine upgrade which should be completed soon

spct is already testing it as we speak

On 3/31/2019 at 12:01 AM, xHenryman90x said:

no offense but its piss easy to get gold threat. If you just upthreated its fairly easy to dethreat, because the game runs on a ~20 mission? -50 mission Ratio for threat, im pretty sure 20 mission. Also note that most "golds" in bronze, arent real golds, but simply silvers who upthreated, who weren't dethreating in gold. Most of which aren't anywhere near "gold" skill level, but due to the easiness of getting gold, are gold. Not that being stomped in silver district when they are fake gold doesn't make them downthreat anyways /shrug.

You can report dethreaters now as well. Just sayin.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:39 PM, Fortune Runner said:

there were no threats visible and had to do with.......... open conflict

any other special event district gets pretty much empty by week two......... BXNNXD and CookiePuss mentioned this during the special events Little Orbit had at the end of last year on a thread somewhere.

pretty much, I'd be in OC 24/7 if it had a population to go with it. You don't worry about rank/threat, and you get opp REALLY fast, but there's no pop there so i go silver. Cause its the only one with pop

Edited by Noob_Guardian

3 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You can report dethreaters now as well. Just sayin.

Only if it's someone who is a complete dickbag to me and they're are on a same mission. I'm not sure whether there is any temporal consequences for those who exploit threat and ruin games for others.

The biggest problem however is that often there's no districts available when you're gold and you're either forced to dethreat or quit playing, i choose the latter option.