illgot

why do players ignore the car spawners?

just had a mission where there was a capture point in the middle of the car ferry in Waterfront.

Enforcers had the place locked down and were nearly at 50% for the win against the Crims who had zero.

The crims rushed in and had about 3 car spawners.  One outside and two inside.  They eventually wiped out the Enforcers, but because the Enforcers completely ignored the Crims car spawners, and only had one themselves, Enforcers eventually had to all spawn outside the ferry and try and run back up the ramps inside.

This meant the Enforcers were sniper bait.

While the Enforcers were easily winning, the Crims won the game because every time they died they were able to spawn inside the car ferry.  Mean while the Enforcers kept trying to run up the ramps in the open against snipers or rush to spawn cars which they could never reach.

In a game with horrible spawn locations, especially in Waterfront, a team should focus on eliminating car spawners when not under fire.  I have seen too many games won or lost because the opposition doesn't bother taking out car spawners which only takes 1 conc grenade.

Edited by illgot

30 minutes ago, illgot said:

~snip~

Yes, not everyone is good at video games.

In fact, some people are even bad at them.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 3

i only kill carspawners when they happen to be in my path or if they are absolutely crucial for the enemy. Consistently estroying car spawners and mobile radars is tedious as hell. And also boring

• Like 2

not enough concs

If you think someone in your team should be doing something then say so or take the initiative to do it yourself.

• Like 1

I never ignore them, ppl underestimate how useful is having an anti_vehicle user in team. I literally erase any enemy vehicle with my Swarm.

• Like 1

A lot of the time I will keep car spawners up on purpose to manipulate spawns for the enemy team. It is pretty easy to sort of camp then and get a free kill wave or even know the direction a respawn is approaching because of it.

It is not always the best option to destroy the spawner.

33 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

A lot of the time I will keep car spawners up on purpose to manipulate spawns for the enemy team. It is pretty easy to sort of camp then and get a free kill wave or even know the direction a respawn is approaching because of it.

It is not always the best option to destroy the spawner.

This.

Basically, be aware of your opponents potential spawns. If you think they're gonna spawn at a car spawner, watch it. They can't use it for another... 90seconds.

Sometimes, it's best to destroy it, like when you're holding off an item at the edge of the map, and their spawner is just in the right spot for them to get in, and say drive up to you, blow it up with remote det... etc..

My team ignore car spawns tho opponents always destroys mine ... they destroy cars even if there is no car spawn ~.~ 

Delete car spawners and car det and gameplay will vastly be improved

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Going after car spawners when a team has 3 to 4 isn't worth the time you're sacrificing you'd otherwise use on the objective. By the time you've destroyed all of them and restocked your grenades a dozen times, the stage is over and the first cars are already being respawned.

I can see how you can actively go after them when the objective and the cars are out in the open and easily reachable, but when you're in a building complex or an alley system, you shouldn't go after those but rather focus on the objective instead.

• Like 2

I was destroying car spawners while going through them, nowadays.... meeeeh.

When they spawn in car, it usually shows up on radar so you pretty much get idea from which direction enemy will come toward you.

Enemy car spawners are easier to oversight than this random spawns on map, plus everyone got 90 seconds cooldown after use - so it's not like they gonna die and respawn in that car every 10 seconds.

Why destroy enemy method of self-annihilation? 🙂

Edited by Mitne

The only time I intentionally ignore the car spawners is when by those spawners there  is no cover like in the middle of a road .

Sitting duck shooting gallery anyone?

19 hours ago, illgot said:

1 conc grenade.

Can't conc anything when you just use percs. I'm guessing they had all primaries with no real AV potential too. 

And no doubt probably followed up that mission with a post asking for Car Spawners to be removed. 

12 hours ago, indi said:

Delete car spawners and car det and gameplay will vastly be improved

Speak of the devil.

9 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Can't conc anything when you just use percs. I'm guessing they had all primaries with no real AV potential too. 

satchel chargeeeees

6 hours ago, GhosT said:

Going after car spawners when a team has 3 to 4 isn't worth the time you're sacrificing you'd otherwise use on the objective. By the time you've destroyed all of them and restocked your grenades a dozen times, the stage is over and the first cars are already being respawned.

I can see how you can actively go after them when the objective and the cars are out in the open and easily reachable, but when you're in a building complex or an alley system, you shouldn't go after those but rather focus on the objective instead.

this^^^ + there is a cd on spawning in cars + ideally they should also only be available at a certain distance from the objective (it's probably bugged or at least badly tweaked though)

that the normal spawns are often hot garbage and car spawners are practically needed in some locations is a different story

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

The only time I intentionally ignore the car spawners is when by those spawners there  is no cover like in the middle of a road .

Sitting duck shooting gallery anyone?

Well... they can just drive off.

3 hours ago, Mitne said:

Well... they can just drive off.

I have had people spawn in the cars then drive to the next point immediately.

Sucked seeing a car where 3 people spawned in driving away and I didn't have my rocket launcher equipped.

Well. My squad is literally hunting them down. But whats even worse is that people ignore mobile radar tower which is even more useful. 

But who watches the radar anyways right? 

18 hours ago, illgot said:

I have had people spawn in the cars then drive to the next point immediately.

Sucked seeing a car where 3 people spawned in driving away and I didn't have my rocket launcher equipped.

That's why if you want joint solution in sniping and car destroying, use ISSR-B 🙂

Edited by Mitne

6 hours ago, Mitne said:

That's why if you want joint solution in sniping and car destroying, use ISSR-B 🙂

Or Alig 😄

they should limit the amount of car spawners and radars a team can have . 

not gonna lie. I've been on plenty of missions where you're too busy fighting the enemy to even bother with the car spawners. The team won mostly because of them and how no one on the opposing ignored them.

2 hours ago, TheNightingale said:

That’s what satchel bombs are for 🙂

satchels or ammo boxes...

its not like you can carry everything you want. otherwise i would have at least 1 satchel 2 ammo boxes etc