Sign in to follow this  
BrandonBranderson

Players preserve momentum

Basically, when a player jumps, they should keep the momentum that they had before they left the roof of the vehicle with less resistance than we currently have.  There should still be resistance, just not nearly as much.  So for example if you jump from the hood of a car, you might land on the roof or the trunk, not just stop immediately and fall to the ground.

It's just something that always kinda bugged me about this game, no big deal though.

Forgive me for the picture, I did this while at work so I don't have any of my usual tools.

dPT4PC7.png

Edited by BrandonBranderson

I can't agree. While admittedly it's unrealistic, I feel like there would be many opportunities to practically catapult players onto roofs and other hard-to-reach (or impossible) places by using the momentum they keep upon ceasing contact with the roof.

I adore the illustration though!

12 minutes ago, MartinPL said:

I can't agree. While admittedly it's unrealistic, I feel like there would be many opportunities to practically catapult players onto roofs and other hard-to-reach (or impossible) places by using the momentum they keep upon ceasing contact with the roof.

I adore the illustration though!

That crossed my mind too, but then I remembered the somewhat strict out of bounds system.  That should prevent you from having enough time to cause any real damage to a mission because you'll only be able to be on that roof for 10 seconds.

Dunno about the rest, but that doodle is fire.

This should exist anyways. Easily punishable by players dying on impact with any surface if the force is too great/dying once a certain height is reached, but also easily counterable by using Feather Falling 3 Happy Landings 3. 

Edited by _chain
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, _chain said:

Dunno about the rest, but that doodle is fire.

This should exist anyways. Easily punishable by players dying on impact with any surface if the force is too great/dying once a certain height is reached, but also easily counterable by using Feather Falling 3 Happy Landings 3. 

That's a good idea, and maybe while HL3 works for reducing damage from falling, maybe Valzipram Tablets could gain a feature of increasing the amount of horizontal speed needed to kill you when hitting a wall.  But that would be assuming that Car Surfer were to be removed or changed and just become something that anyone can do.  Not to derail the thread here, but I'd also be in favor of removing Car Surfer or changing its purpose and making it so anyone can car surf, just make it a little more skill based, like needing lean into turns and stuff.  (By lean into turns I mean strafe in the direction that the vehicle is turning)  Then if Car Surfer were to stay, it could just make it so you don't need to compensate for the vehicle's movement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

That's a good idea, and maybe while HL3 works for reducing damage from falling, maybe Valzipram Tablets could gain a feature of increasing the amount of horizontal speed needed to kill you when hitting a wall.  But that would be assuming that Car Surfer were to be removed or changed and just become something that anyone can do.  Not to derail the thread here, but I'd also be in favor of removing Car Surfer or changing its purpose and making it so anyone can car surf, just make it a little more skill based, like needing lean into turns and stuff.  (By lean into turns I mean strafe in the direction that the vehicle is turning)  Then if Car Surfer were to stay, it could just make it so you don't need to compensate for the vehicle's movement.

this. Also heavy weapons (launchers) should recoil the shit out of someone standing on top of a car. Or maybe just block them when standing on top of a car that's going past certain speed.

About Valzipram... Dunno. it's meant for car impacts only, might be easier for the devs to implement something like this on top of HL.