vfterlife

Screenshots deleted upon request LO...

Some players managed to launch an upcoming riot-map and place intriguing screenshots. It would seem to be a normal practice when data miners find secret information in the game files and publish it. If the patch is on the OTW, then it is no longer so secret and internal. This cannot be considered a leak and removed. And where you can not delete - ask to delete.
Nobody leaks - the players themselves found the card in the files and launched it. Okay? The position of LO on this issue is not clear to me. In addition, RIOT has already been officially presented and will appear in the coming month. The mode is already ready, except for small details. What the players found in the files is, in fact, the final product, not the alpha-prototype. Why is it removed? Tell us. Even personally, my comment with a screenshot was deleted here yesterday on the forum.

20 minutes ago, vfterlife said:

It would seem to be a normal practice when data miners find secret information in the game files and publish it. If the patch is on the OTW, then it is no longer so secret and internal. This cannot be considered a leak and removed.

No. The population does not get to decide what is a secret and internal or not. That just reeks of an overarching sense of entitlement. Seeing as there are no screenshots present, that is your answer right there.

Dataminers discovering items of interest does not automatically mean they are allowed to be shared. Not only that it'd be considered against the rules to do so.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

You should talk with MattScott about it before posting screenshot ( i did ). They simple don't want to create hype, upset or spoil players with too early info...

Edited by MartisLTU
Eng. fix
  • Like 1

Totally fine that they removed it. It's their game and they have their reasons to not show us more right now. I don't know what that screenshot was but it's possible that people interpret it wrong and get a wrong point of view about the upcoming things.

So leaking stuff let's people know stuff so said stuff is no secret anymore that could be leaked thus it's not considered leaking anymore?

Conclusion: leaking is not leaking

• Like 1

Agree with SKay and others, if they don't want to show us somethign because will be special i accept that.

When you agree to using the Open Test World, you agree that it's for testing of content and features which which may be highlighted by LO. Any anomalies or errors found with said content under testing  should be reported to LO.

The access to the Open Test World is something granted by Little Orbit out of trust, Do not test or abuse that trust.

Just to be clear OTW is for testing purposes under guidance, and not reviewing the game as content in OTS may and can change before final live server release.

2 hours ago, vfterlife said:

It would seem to be a normal practice when data miners find secret information in the game files and publish it.

It is debatable if this is unintended use of a service and against the rules.

2 hours ago, vfterlife said:

If the patch is on the OTW, then it is no longer so secret and internal. This cannot be considered a leak and removed.

Actually it would be an leak from an external source rather than an internal leak. The content is not intended to be accessed if the server is closed to the public, Just because it's no longer internal doesn't mean that it's no longer restricted.

To the press, media and SPCT, they would of signed a non-disclosure agreement with an embargo which would be later lifted, this gives Little Orbit the legal right to have space to be in peace and do what they need to while also prevent anyone getting an advantage of revealing content before others unfairly.

Just because you haven't been given an NDA doesn't mean you're in the clear, It is still Little Orbit's content, their forum, their business and have every right to protect their product.

I'm not sure if data-mining goes against APB's EULA section 3. (3.1.1 and 3.1.5)?

MATT, FORGIVE WE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT THAT YOU DON'T LOVE THESE SCREENSHOTS. DO NOT SUPPLY US IN COURTTTTTT

Hello everyone,

Screenshots that we are removing or asking to be removed are not taken through normal datamining but through hacking a client. Once we are ready to show you guys what we have been working on, we will definitely post the screenshots ourselves or open OTW client for you to see!

• Thanks 7

Friendly reminder that OTW shouldn't be called OTW if it's not open 😉

Unless the O stands for something else

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Acornie said:

Damn right 

21 minutes ago, Acornie said:

i suppose this answers my question lol. just tried to log into the OTW client and supposedly i cannot log in.

38 minutes ago, Acornie said:

25 minutes ago, Cutee said:

Damn right 

15 minutes ago, Sakurachan said:

i suppose this answers my question lol. just tried to log into the OTW client and supposedly i cannot log in.

There's nothing for you to test right now.

Its not a playground.

1 hour ago, Lixil said:

Hello everyone,

Screenshots that we are removing or asking to be removed are not taken through normal datamining but through hacking a client. Once we are ready to show you guys what we have been working on, we will definitely post the screenshots ourselves or open OTW client for you to see!

Thank you for the honest answer.

Appreciate that.

More than happy to wait until new thigns will come to APB

1 hour ago, Acornie said:

it should be CTW but ye...
U can't counter this logic

Where did they leak this? 4chan? Don't tell me they did it here coz that's just braindead.

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Its not a playground.

wish it was like that carousel one they have then get it spinning so fast that i puke from dizziness

sounds like fun !!

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Its not a playground.

Sadly I must agree with "kids" on that matter. It's not open test world if it's not open.

Also video games are supposed to give fun, eh?

4 hours ago, Mitne said:

Sadly I must agree with "kids" on that matter. It's not open test world if it's not open.

Also video games are supposed to give fun, eh?

Bruh, we busy on it.

You want fun, play the game ffs.

The client I'm refering to is the testing client. I simply said OTW so it's easier for you guys to understand what I'm refering to.

• Thanks 2