Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Jericho Unstable

Jericho just went to 35ms server side then fin-5 crashed. Can we fix these servers already? Or better yet replace them.

Edit: Inf loading screen when trying to re enter a dist.

Edited by Darkzero3802

3 minutes ago, Emcitement said:

It isn't the servers, Matt said its ddos. Some 12 year old got hit in the ban wave and is ddosing them every day. You can even see his sleep pattern. The DDOS starts at about 5 PM or so and usually ends around 2 AM. Then he goes to bed and it repeats XD

what ban wave? 🤣

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

The one we just had not too long ago

that was months ago i guess? apb needs a new ban wave.

2 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

that was months ago i guess? apb needs a new ban wave.

Im not sure when exactly the ban wave happened but they do ban more than that when it comes up.

8 minutes ago, Emcitement said:

It isn't the servers, Matt said its ddos. Some 12 year old got hit in the ban wave and is ddosing them every day. You can even see his sleep pattern. The DDOS starts at about 5 PM or so and usually ends around 2 AM. Then he goes to bed and it repeats XD

Well obv mitigation isnt working then if the pattern is this repeatable cause it should prevent the crashes.

If mitigation was not working we would not be playing at all.

DDoS would shut down the games completely otherwise.

11 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

If mitigation was not working we would not be playing at all.

DDoS would shut down the games completely otherwise.

Were playing when theres an inf loading screen and crashing districts?

Some are playing.

Some have potato computers that crash the game easier.

the quality of the computer helps in this just as much.

19 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Some are playing.

I admit at 6yrs old my pc isnt new but its more then capable of handling APB and far from a potato

The previous comment wasn't directed at you.

It was meant for in general.

I am intending to do so with this comment as well.

Parts wear out even if they are "supposed" to be good enough.

It's happened to me over time in the past.

Overheating for instance can strain the processor chip as well as damage it  or other parts.

Wear and tear however is only part of this equation.

A lot of other factors like DDoS , mitigation , and anything else not mentioned.

47 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

The previous comment wasn't directed at you.

It was meant for in general.

I am intending to do so with this comment as well.

Parts wear out even if they are "supposed" to be good enough.

It's happened to me over time in the past.

Overheating for instance can strain the processor chip as well as damage it  or other parts.

Wear and tear however is only part of this equation.

A lot of other factors like DDoS , mitigation , and anything else not mentioned.

Yup. These servers couldn't handle APB from day 1 and its only worse now then back then. Yes the netcode is trash but these servers are just as bad if not worse. At the end of the day new servers should be brought in to better handle the game and the better engine on the way. It will only strain the servers even more and I hate to see how bad they would be if unreal 4 was unleashed let alone the disaster that has been unreal 3.

In theory the  Engine Upgrade should be less stressful based off of reports on that thread that was made by Little Orbit and the  SPCT team who

mentioned how it seemed this way ( or however they worded it i forget)

I'm not saying the servers do not need an upgrade MattScott himself suggested they need it before in a previous thread.

I am saying  the DDoS is a major part of the issues for today.

I am also saying for some people their potato computers dont help the situation for them.

i am also saying I want nachos im flippin fiending hungry for them and i dont know why

But that is that and this is this so i have to do without.

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Some are playing.

Are you saying players with lower spec PCs are causing the servers to crash? That does not make sense. Worst case they will warp around a little due to sending less data to the servers. If anything, players running APB at 144fps stand a better chance at crashing the servers, but only if the netcode is directly linked to the framerate. As far as I'm aware it's not.

4 hours ago, Emcitement said:

My theory is a cheat developer is other player's PCs by adding a botnet to their cheats. A bit farfetched, but it seems pretty easy to do.

• Like 2

Is Jericho safe to login now ?

I wanted to drive around and test out the new brakes on my Vegas.

Brakes failed on me the other day...... ran over a few pedestrians.

/sigh

9 minutes ago, Emcitement said:

No. Social just went down.

I'm thinking, that the incident with the pedestrians the other day ....... may be due to server lagg...

In which case, technicality, I am not at fault .

Which is a good thing ...

Haha.

Edited by Westford

1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Are you saying players with lower spec PCs are causing the servers to crash? That does not make sense. Worst case they will warp around a little due to sending less data to the servers. If anything, players running APB at 144fps stand a better chance at crashing the servers, but only if the netcode is directly linked to the framerate. As far as I'm aware it's not.

My theory is a cheat developer is other player's PCs by adding a botnet to their cheats. A bit farfetched, but it seems pretty easy to do.

explains why the lag only happens when the cheaters im facing start turning it up cause they about to c2L

17 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Are you saying players with lower spec PCs are causing the servers to crash?

No I am not saying that , but for some computers being low end would mean they can not connect properly in times of DDoS attacks like my old computer.

The strain on the  players end from a low end computer can cause a infinite loading screen if it can not process it quickly enough and it times out from it.

This does not mean this is why of course  , just that it is one of many possibility's in times like this.

Sign in to follow this