huiv

apb reloaded ran out of memory

I'm going to reiterate... Are RTX card users actually expected to wait until Engine Update, or can Little Orbit address this sooner?

1 hour ago, AgentRick said:

I'm going to reiterate... Are RTX card users actually expected to wait until Engine Update, or can Little Orbit address this sooner?

As far as I'm aware this is a 2 folded issue.

1. The driver for the RTX (and similar generation or newer) cards from Nvidia doesn't fully support 32 bit applications like the older card's drivers do.
  2. The game is running on an ancient and heavily modified engine

Number one is out of their control and number two is being worked on. You can use lower settings (ingame default minimal, or a very low quality config made with the Advanced APB Launcher though some don't like the look of either of them) to try and minimize the frequency of these crashes but as far as I can tell there's is no sure way to resolve this other than getting the game to 64 bit asap. And that's what they're working on.

This is the Borderlands 2 fix, which is just adjusting how physX is handled and doesn't fully resolve it either. You can try that for apb as well, I guess.

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201336073--Ran-Out-of-Video-Memory-Error

Edited by Kevkof

Id hope they can at least increase the quality of our characters and customisation on minimal graphics since thats a large part of the game while many of us are forced to play like this and have blurry looking characters 😐

26 minutes ago, Raichu said:

Id hope they can at least increase the quality of our characters and customisation on minimal graphics since thats a large part of the game while many of us are forced to play like this and have blurry looking characters 😐

Engine upgrade will fix it.

29 minutes ago, HighSociety said:

Engine upgrade will fix it.

I know that, but thats probably at least a year away. And many of us are forced to play with low quality looknig characters until then. So seeing as they cant fix it until the engine upgrade its the least they can do for us in the time being.

10 minutes ago, Raichu said:

I know that, but thats probably at least a year away. And many of us are forced to play with low quality looknig characters until then. So seeing as they cant fix it until the engine upgrade its the least they can do for us in the time being.

I'm totally with you since i got the same problem with my 2080...

1 hour ago, Raichu said:

As the advanced launcher is allowed to be used for now, you could use that (or manual edits) to increase the character quality. Though that might increase the risk of crashing

52 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

As the advanced launcher is allowed to be used for now, you could use that (or manual edits) to increase the character quality. Though that might increase the risk of crashing

Thats true and might have to try it but shouldn't really need to use a third party launcher for even being able to do customising in a game about customising. And id hate for LO to think that is the solution.

ohh does editing the file manually work to increase character quality? Im not sure how to do that 😞

Edited by Raichu

Until the engine is updated, there is a problem solving problems with Cards newer than, GTX 1080.

3 hours ago, Raichu said:

Thats true and might have to try it but shouldn't really need to use a third party launcher for even being able to do customising in a game about customising. And id hate for LO to think that is the solution.

ohh does editing the file manually work to increase character quality? Im not sure how to do that 😞

It's still a 3rd party program, it was checked and approved by LO. They even gave a download for it from the Gamersfirst domain as well https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/10905-recent-ban-wave-and-approved-launchers

Manual editing would work, that should be in apbcompat.ini

Hmm might have found how to make my characters skin look better but the clothing is still blurry 😞

Disgusting situation, found out 2 of my friends stopped playing it because of this issue. This should be the priority.

Edited by AlishaAzure

On 3/18/2019 at 5:27 PM, huiv said:

hi guys

any fix for this?

i7 9700k

16gb

rtx2080

i tried everything,, repair,, reinstall, edit BaseEngine file ,, even format my pc

Just download the APB Reloaded advance launcher it happens with the new RTX  cards, just set it to upstyle... once you have the advance launcher - there is a fix but you have to use that and set it to upstyle setting - you can turn bloom of wont affect it.. i had the same issue, it's due to the fact that RTX uses 64 bit version and apb is running on 32 bit. Or just use low settings if setting to low wont work then just use apb advance launcher for time being, - until there is a fix

Edited by Golderlight123

8 hours ago, watsoNN said:

Imagine buying a 2080 to play APB 😂

Did you think that out before posting ? Do you really think we bought RTX 2080ti specifically for playing APB ? Most of us play this game since soft launch and RTW aka 2011 and people usually upgrade their PC's to play the newest titles every few years not to play the oldest games on the market.

This bug affects anyone that keeps up with new tech and that shouldn't be the issue , still patiently waiting for the 3.5 unreal engine migration on PC until then keep the trolling to a minimum if you can't contribute on this subject with a fix.

Edited by OriginalG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OriginalG said:

Did you think that out before posting ? Do you really think we bought RTX 2080ti specifically for playing APB ? Most of us play this game since soft launch and RTW aka 2011 and people usually upgrade their PC's to play the newest titles every few years not to play the oldest games on the market.

This bug affects anyone that keeps up with new tech and that shouldn't be the issue , still patiently waiting for the 3.5 unreal engine migration on PC until then keep the trolling to a minimum if you can't contribute on this subject with a fix.

I agree with you on that. i just don't play apb i play other games too. 

• Like 1

Same problem here. Came back after a long time and got a 2080ti now. 😞

I really can't believe that the engine-upgrade is still not here. How long are they talking about it now? 2015/2016?

My guess... it will never come...

So deinstalling APB ... again ... and comming back ... again ... in another year and see if there is any progress. 😄

15 hours ago, Jesper316 said:

Same problem here. Came back after a long time and got a 2080ti now. 😞

I really can't believe that the engine-upgrade is still not here. How long are they talking about it now? 2015/2016?

My guess... it will never come...

So deinstalling APB ... again ... and comming back ... again ... in another year and see if there is any progress. 😄

Maybe even 2014, but from that time until 2018 it was GamersFirst who ran the thing. LO took over everything only in mid-2018 and they found themselves a mountain of shit, not to mention the new engine where G1 in 4 years failed to do anything, while LO in almost 2 years finished the new engine.

• Like 1

it was fine for me being back a few days, now by 2nd or 3rd opp, 'out of memory'

rtx2060

24gb ram

On 4/12/2020 at 10:05 PM, Bushy said:

it was fine for me being back a few days, now by 2nd or 3rd opp, 'out of memory'

rtx2060

24gb ram

The error is random, one day may never happen, in others it may happen every 30 minutes.

My question was very black and white and still hasn't been answered to date. The only way it could've been more simple is if I posed it in a "Yes or No" format. The only close-to official response was from an SPCT and it was overly-complex while completely dancing around the question.

Based on what I'm reading and hearing as of late, the answer to my question is that we will have to wait until the engine update is released. The RTX crashes are still a problem for my clanmates and I. Getting booted from an "Out of Memory" crash every other mission is a great way of deterring players from playing the game. Would've been nice to have received a straight answer 6 months ago.

Edited by AgentRick

7 hours ago, AgentRick said:

Would've been nice to have received a straight answer 6 months ago

Let me just show you what was said on the 2nd Q&A with Matt Scott  (back in september 2019)

On 9/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, Kevkof said:

https://youtu.be/EKvAdRXOeYY#t=18m38s
Q: The big one I know a lot of people have asked, with the latest generation of Nvidia cards (the RTX cards), there are several issues on the older live engine where it's causing constant crashes which leaves them unable to play the game without doing quite a few tweaks to be able to play at all. Are RTX cards working as intended and working normally on the engine upgrade and can we expect to see them working as intended when the game goes live?
A: I believe so. I'm well aware, unfortunately, of the memory issues. The RTX issue in live is kind of complicated because the live game is 32-bit and Nvidia's drivers for the RTX cards it's just ... The driver is part of the problem, it's not that backwards compatible and then there's problems on our end because the engine is so old. From what I can tell the RTX cards work beautifully in the new engine. We haven't had any reports of Out of Memory issues or crashes or anything like that. In general there are a number of situations players find themselves in where they do get an Out of Memory error or crash in the current engine that won't happen. That's exclusively because of the jump to 64-bit addressing memory and things like that.

There were official answers out there, or did you need them to specifically tell you that it can't be fixed without moving to 64 bit ?

Playing lowest graphical settings can reduce the amount of crashes, but unless they get the game to 64 bit or Nvidia makes 32 bit supporting drivers for those cards it'll keep happening.

5 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Let me just show you what was said on the 2nd Q&A with Matt Scott  (back in september 2019)

There were official answers out there, or did you need them to specifically tell you that it can't be fixed without moving to 64 bit ?

Playing lowest graphical settings can reduce the amount of crashes, but unless they get the game to 64 bit or Nvidia makes 32 bit supporting drivers for those cards it'll keep happening.

I already read that quote when you posted it the first time and even acknowledged that I read the entirety of this thread. That did not specifically answer the question I posed numerous times- "Are RTX card users actually expected to wait until Engine Update, or can Little Orbit address this sooner?"

I've already reduced my graphics settings using the Advanced Launcher as previously mentioned and the game looks like something from the late 90's now. That doesn't stop it from crashing every other mission, essentially making the game unplayable.

I wanted a response from an actual Little Orbit employee, confirming that we would have to wait until the engine update and that they couldn't possibly implement some form of patch in the meantime. The players are not psychic and we don't know if the development team is trying to work on it, if they're reaching out and trying to work with NVIDIA to come up with a solution or if they're doing absolutely nothing with it and expecting us to wait until the release of the updated engine. I asked a specific question and didn't receive a specific answer.

It was abundantly evident that the coveted and long-awaited engine update was going to fix this.

"Are RTX card users actually expected to wait until Engine Update...?"

Yes? That's all I wanted to know. That there's absolutely nothing in the works and that we're expected to wait for the engine update.

Edited by AgentRick
  • Like 1

I have the same issue with my GTX1080ti.. all 10-15 mission I crash. Pls fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljGYIm61BqQ

▶OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit ▶CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700x ▶GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX1080ti ▶RAM: 2x G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB DDR4 ▶Mainboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero ▶SSD: 250GB-Samsung M2 ▶SSD (Data): 2x Samsung MZ-76E500B/EU SSD 860 EVO 500 GB ▶PSU: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 11 ▶Case: Thermaltake Core P5 ▶Display: Acer Predator XB281HKbmiprz 71 cm (28 Zoll 4K) ▶Mouse: Logitech G900 ▶Mousepad: Glorious PC Gaming Race Mauspad XXL ▶Keyboard: Cherry MX Board 6.0 ▶Headphones: beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition 600 Ohm ▶Microphone: Rode NT-USB ▶VR Headset: HTC Vive Pro

Edited by Felaex