huiv

apb reloaded ran out of memory

Graphics card too good for APB? 😆

On 4/5/2019 at 3:57 PM, GavidaR said:

download more RAM lmao

Have you watched some ThioJoe's tech tip videos? 😂

Found a workaround that lets me play without crashing.

1. Download Nvidia Inspector
  2. Extract the files
  3. Run "Nvidia Profile Inspector"
  4. Find "APB: All Points Bulletin" in the drop-down at the top left
  5. Click on "Delete Current Profile" and press yes when it asks you to confirm

OTu4vub.png

Then you can play APB with your RTX card. You may have to do this every time you update your GFX drivers, not sure.

Edited by fgvhgt

On 4/26/2019 at 2:56 PM, THEDOC said:

today im back to APB after long year that i dont played and now when i log in to the game and join district the loading screen Stuck in 'connecting to district server' and after 10 or 15 min i get disconect from the disctrict and thats out to log in menu , im tried to install 3 time and uninstall and its dosent work can you help me with that ? 

Thank you , Doc

Google apb reloaded port forwarding, add those ports to your router try may it is all about ports

On 5/1/2019 at 11:04 PM, fgvhgt said:

Found a workaround that lets me play without crashing.

1. Download Nvidia Inspector
  2. Extract the files
  3. Run "Nvidia Profile Inspector"
  4. Find "APB: All Points Bulletin" in the drop-down at the top left
  5. Click on "Delete Current Profile" and press yes when it asks you to confirm

OTu4vub.png

Then you can play APB with your RTX card. You may have to do this every time you update your GFX drivers, not sure.

shit crashed again, so nvm i guess

Same issue here. Randomly getting a prompt "Ran out of memory. Exiting."

i9 9900k

2080Ti

32Gb DDR4

Welcome to the club of random "ran out of memory." Same issue for me.

i7 8700k

RTX 2070

16GB DDR4

On 4/13/2019 at 5:00 AM, dogfish said:

Can confirm that this is a problem with RTX cards. The only fix is to turn the graphics preset ingame to Minimal. As soon as you use Low or anything higher, these crashes will happen. Have talked with other friends on RTX and they say the same thing.

Just wanted to bump this. I have a 2080ti and I was getting the "out of memory" error within a few missions of playing APB. Setting my graphics to minimum did indeed fix my "out of memory" issues. I have been able to play long play sessions two days in a row now without a crash. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully @MattScott and the little orbit team can start there. 

Edited by LaQuandra

This Bug still exists...... rtx 2080 here...... my old 1060 works fine without any crashes  

I can confirm that the problem isnt fixed yet. Waterfront is unplayable on a RTX 2080Ti (crashes whenever you click a spawn)

Happens on death map when playing on financial.

I'm available for some testing if needed :d

Cheers

On 8/2/2019 at 3:43 AM, HelloMina said:

I can confirm that the problem isnt fixed yet. Waterfront is unplayable on a RTX 2080Ti (crashes whenever you click a spawn)

Happens on death map when playing on financial.

I'm available for some testing if needed :d

Cheers

It's a problem with the new GDDR6 memory, I don't think they'll make a fix given the imminent arrival of the new engine...

On 8/3/2019 at 11:34 AM, Kast2 said:

It's a problem with the new GDDR6 memory, I don't think they'll make a fix given the imminent arrival of the new engine...

Well, only a simple tweak would do the job I think... like same settings as ultra/high with limited props that you'd call "Legacy"

Still playing on Minimal for now 😐 Glad I'm used to CS:GO low res

23 hours ago, HelloMina said:

Well, only a simple tweak would do the job I think... like same settings as ultra/high with limited props that you'd call "Legacy"

Still playing on Minimal for now 😐 Glad I'm used to CS:GO low res

It doesn't work the same, it's just an APB problem related to the new memory.

This is f***ing annoying, works for 30min's then ( RAN OUT OF MEM ) annoying as f***..

Hopefully this Engine Upgrade comes soon and fixes this problem 

i5 8th Gen 

16 GB 3000mhz 

RTX 2070 

Both me and my friend have been getting the Ran Out of Memory crash many times in the past week also. I have an RTX card but she doesn't, but still gets the same crash. It only really started happening for us since the update a couple of weeks ago that messed up the apb catcher file. It also only happens on the spawn screen.

Edited by Raichu

Can't play 30min's without getting this error and I've had to stop playing and now wasting my premium.. Bloody annoying!

Why is this still a problem? While I don't completely understand the technical in's and out's, is there really no way of fixing this prior to the engine update? We're going on 7 months since the problem was acknowledged and we're how many months late on the engine update?

I've plugged a lot of money into this game and still maintain premium. The game is practically unplayable when it crashes every other mission. More people are upgrading to RTX cards, this needs to be fixed expediently.

Do we have any news on this... other than waiting for the engine update? @MattScott @Lixil

A handful of people in my clan, including myself, either play sparsely or don't play at all anymore because of the "out of memory" crashes that people with RTX cards constantly experience. If a good percentage of my group's population experiences these issues, I cannot imagine the number of APB players impacted in total.

Please advise. This is frustrating.

Edited by AgentRick
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AgentRick said:

Do we have any news on this... other than waiting for the engine update?

This was touched upon in the Q&A last month, not sure if you're aware of that response:

On 9/10/2019 at 12:36 PM, Kevkof said:

https://youtu.be/EKvAdRXOeYY#t=18m38s
Q: The big one I know a lot of people have asked, with the latest generation of Nvidia cards (the RTX cards), there are several issues on the older live engine where it's causing constant crashes which leaves them unable to play the game without doing quite a few tweaks to be able to play at all. Are RTX cards working as intended and working normally on the engine upgrade and can we expect to see them working as intended when the game goes live?
A: I believe so. I'm well aware, unfortunately, of the memory issues. The RTX issue in live is kind of complicated because the live game is 32-bit and Nvidia's drivers for the RTX cards it's just ... The driver is part of the problem, it's not that backwards compatible and then there's problems on our end because the engine is so old. From what I can tell the RTX cards work beautifully in the new engine. We haven't had any reports of Out of Memory issues or crashes or anything like that. In general there are a number of situations players find themselves in where they do get an Out of Memory error or crash in the current engine that won't happen. That's exclusively because of the jump to 64-bit addressing memory and things like that.

In summary, it's an issue that comes from the drivers for the newer cards not properly supporting 32-bit applications and of course the game being old doesn't help it either. 

14 hours ago, Kevkof said:

This was touched upon in the Q&A last month, not sure if you're aware of that response:

In summary, it's an issue that comes from the drivers for the newer cards not properly supporting 32-bit applications and of course the game being old doesn't help it either. 

I was aware of that and I did read through this thread prior to posting. My two standing questions are:

1) Are there any work-arounds, which Little Orbit approves of, that players could possibly use to try to fix this? I saw that one possible fix had been posted on a cheating website.. If it actually works, can't LO just suggest it to the players themselves?

2) If not, are RTX card users actually expected to wait until Engine Update, or can Little Orbit address this sooner?

Borderlands 2 also runs UE3 and there is a known solution which the RTX users can implement to fix the same problem with that game. It surprises me that there isn't a similar fix for APB.

i9 9900k

32 GB of ram 3200 mhz

RTX 2080ti ASUS STRIX

I got this bug aswell kinda regret coming back now , it seems this game gets more broken by the year , been since 2011 around here so how are we supposed to enjoy this game for upcomming months until this engine actually gets implemented ?

Depressing s__t.