huiv

apb reloaded ran out of memory

hi guys

any fix for this?

i7 9700k

16gb

rtx2080

i tried everything,, repair,, reinstall, edit BaseEngine file ,, even format my pc

Hi there,

Some of the team has been away at GDC, so this was just brought to my attention.

I'll have some devs look at it.

Thanks,
Matt

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Some of the team has been away at GDC, so this was just brought to my attention.

Thanks,
Matt

thanks, that would be great

apb does this sometimes, i think some memory leaks were fixed though? how often did this happen? any logs?

current version of apb is 32bits so it can only address a maximum of 3gb ram - so it's not too surprising it runs out of memory if there is an issue quite fast

Edited by neophobia

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

apb does this sometimes, i think some memory leaks were fixed though? how often did this happen? any logs?

current version of apb is 32bits so it can only address a maximum of 3gb ram - so it's not too surprising it runs out of memory if there is an issue quite fast

the game only crash when

1-  i try to spawn after i enter the district

2- or when i get killed when the map show and i try to choose where i respawn

i really tried everything 1- i changed the game from SSD to HDD 2- i tried change the virtual memory 3- from the taskmanger i set APB high priority 4-lower all the settings  5- repair the game files 6-edit BaseEngine file  7- and i format my PC

and still no fix

On 3/25/2019 at 5:00 PM, huiv said:

any fix for it?

i7 8700k
16 GB RAM
RTX 2080
Have same problem.
There is no solution to the problem.
This is probably due to the graphics card Turing-architecture / GDDR6 Memory.

Edited by qwilychT
Addition
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, qwilychT said:

i7 8700k
16 GB RAM
RTX 2080
Have same problem.
There is no solution to the problem.
This is probably due to the graphics card Turing-architecture / GDDR6 Memory.

i fixed that by using flaws config,, but the graphics become very bad

Hi all,

We have some fixes that have been submitted bu a couple helpful players, but they were linked on a cheat site. We simply cannot direct players to a cheat site and ask them to download unknown files.

My team is working through the files to see if we can:

1) distribute them ourselves

2) properly fix the issue in the game

Thanks for your patience,

Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just going to throw my hat in here as well.

i9 9900k

64GB RAM

RTX 2080Ti

Also as the others have said, this only happens at the spawn screen, but not every time.

Edited by poedgirl
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 9:55 PM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

Could you kindly point out what will be changed and make the changelogs posted to the forums more detailed? Sometimes random problems appear out of the blue but are fixed by other smaller version updates.

Would love for you to be open and honest with us regarding what is changed.

@MattScott that's why You need update engine, some kind errors can be fixed with it or add some more.

As had same overflown RAM be4 an issue was graphics as to me caused by changing filtering in vid setts.

Me and a few of my friends still searching for someone with 20XX Graphic card (whos playing apb), so we could make some quick tests to determine whats going on with the game

@Dahel yes you could be right about this that jumping to newer version could fix some issues with graphic cards.

only theory:
- GDDR6 has a diffrent infrastructure then older gddr's so ue3 sees only one of its modules or even less and that could be causing oof (like Graphic card has 6GB GDDR6 vram but game sees only 500MB for example) - this has a big chance to be the issue
- messing arround with RTX settings, turning all possible to change settings "off" - to pretend for a game you not having RTX "GC" - this could eventually prevent from killing app that fast
- changing ini files (checking existing configs - there is alot of them - and test if your game still dies)
messing arround with this settings into ini files and checking if there is any diffrence ( below all data described with big chunks of numbers are described as byte - easy converter for this can be found in the internet for example https://whatsabyte.com/P1/byteconverter.htm )

MaxMemoryUsedByTextureStreaming=314572800

MaxMemoryUsedByTexturePool=150000000

MaxMemoryUsedByMeshStreaming=104857600

NumberOfTextureCreationPerFrame=2

MaxFreeMemoryUsedByVBPool=20971520

MaxFreeMemoryUsedByIBPool=5242880

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=60

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb=9.9

MinTextureDensity=0.0

IdealTextureDensity=13.0

MaxTextureDensity=55.0
nDrawSharedOptimisationMode=4294967295

MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC=200000

SizeOfPermanentObjectPool=31457280

MaxObjectsInStaticMapClient=400000

MaxObjectsInStaticMapServer=500000

SizeOfStaticMapPoolClient=94371840

SizeOfStaticMapPoolServer=173015040

FreeTextureBudget=0.25

FreeVBBudget=1.0

FreeIBBudget=1.0

VBLowerBucketSize=1024

VBUpperBucketSize=16384

VBBucketSizeThreshold=16384

VBMaxPooledSize=1048576

IBLowerBucketSize=256

IBUpperBucketSize=4096

IBBucketSizeThreshold=4096

IBMaxPooledSize=1048576

ps. no one is sharing his results so its hard to determine which things we can throw away because that was tested - or some of the things are tested in wrong way

Edited by TheSxW

On 4/5/2019 at 2:57 PM, GavidaR said:

download more RAM lmao

this ppl having high end pc's and 16GB+ of ram ... so its not the issue ... LOL

On 4/5/2019 at 12:29 AM, Dahel said:

@MattScott that's why You need update engine, some kind errors can be fixed with it or add some more.

As had same overflown RAM be4 an issue was graphics as to me caused by changing filtering in vid setts.

They are working on the Engine Update.

However it it unknown to me if the Engine Update will be a fix or if the error is in the APB coding itself.

Either way the engine Update is being tested and is not quite ready yet .

It's probably the RTX graphic cards problem. Everybody who posted their spects has a newer pc and enought of ram. There was also a problem with APB when Nvidia GTX were first released. If any of you still have the old graphic card try to put that in and see if the problem still exists

Edited by DeadPixels

19 hours ago, DeadPixels said:

It's probably the RTX graphic cards problem. Everybody who posted their spects has a newer pc and enought of ram. There was also a problem with APB when Nvidia GTX were first released. If any of you still have the old graphic card try to put that in and see if the problem still exists

as i say
"- GDDR6 has a diffrent infrastructure then older gddr's so ue3 sees only one of its modules or even less and that could be causing oof (like Graphic card has 6GB GDDR6 vram but game sees only 500MB for example) - this has a big chance to be the issue"

Can confirm that this is a problem with RTX cards. The only fix is to turn the graphics preset ingame to Minimal. As soon as you use Low or anything higher, these crashes will happen. Have talked with other friends on RTX and they say the same thing.

• Thanks 1

I just want to add that this seems to mostly occur in Waterfront. If I'm playing on WF for a little while, it crashes with the OOM error. However, if I'm on Financial, it takes quite a while to crash. I originally thought the problem went away for a bit because Jericho was always only on Financial. Now that the dynamic event has started and people are playing on Waterfront more, I'm having the issue so very often now, a lot of the time on the very first spawn.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fgvhgt said:

Happening to me, using an RTX 2070.

could you check Task manager monitoring in background what happend to memory usage for APBprogram process b4 process crashes ?

today im back to APB after long year that i dont played and now when i log in to the game and join district the loading screen Stuck in 'connecting to district server' and after 10 or 15 min i get disconect from the disctrict and thats out to log in menu , im tried to install 3 time and uninstall and its dosent work can you help me with that ? 

Thank you , Doc