Sign in to follow this  
Gamma64c

APB on my new GTX 1050 GPU

5 hours ago, Gamma64c said:

I did, but I used the game config. It was on the lowest gfx possible, with just bloom on at night, since my previous GPU was a GT630 from nVidia

I set the gfx on max, and the colour of my cop-car was also good ingame

On my machine it was on line 85 86 but the data was there and after I backed up the file I tweaked it.

Over here I used the value for 16GB machines. Will test it out now

Thank you all for the great help

Let us know how it turned out.

19 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

I shall do that. Initially everything went fine, but I played for less then an hour, on almost max settings. I still prefer the LQ health hud, so that stays on

Edited by Gamma64c

19 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Ok, it went well. I played for about 1:30hrs, all went very well on max gfx, the stutters happen much less than often with the provided parameters

Edited by Gamma64c

7 hours ago, Gamma64c said:

Ok, it went well. I played for about 1:30hrs, all went very well on max gfx, the stutters happen much less than often with the provided parameters

That is really good! I am testing my config on OTW as we speak, but the client tells me my version is incorrect and patchs my config files, undoing my changes.

On 6/8/2018 at 5:40 AM, KyoukiDotExe said:

That is really good! I am testing my config on OTW as we speak, but the client tells me my version is incorrect and patchs my config files, undoing my changes.

That means my changes are also undone. I will be implementing them again. I felt the game became its usual sluggish self, but could not put my fingers on it, until I remembered the laucher messes things up. Im updating my 2 parameters as adviced at the beginning of the thread again

Thank you for pointing it out

Edited by Gamma64c

On 6/4/2018 at 12:23 AM, Zoehh said:

The only questionable components in there tbh are AMD over Intel CPU for gaming

THere is nothing wrong with AMD CPU's for gaming. Intel charges a whopping extra ammount of cash for a little performance gain, while their side-channels remain wide open on the intel cpu's.

The latest Ryzen CPU's are a force to be reconed with. My next machine, which I'm buying piece by piece in the next couple of months will be a Ryzen 7 2700 {with Wraith SPire led Cooler}

Edited by Gamma64c

6 hours ago, Gamma64c said:

THere is nothing wrong with AMD CPU's for gaming. Intel charges a whopping extra ammount of cash for a little performance gain, while their side-channels remain wide open on the intel cpu's.

The latest Ryzen CPU's are a force to be reconed with. My next machine, which I'm buying piece by piece in the next couple of months will be a Ryzen 7 2700 {with Wraith SPire led Cooler}

No, as far as the Ryzen series there isn't really. If you read my other post a bit farther down I explained my thoughts.

tl;dr:

i7-8700k vs Ryzen 2700x
Intel CPU still gets ~5-10% more fps.
Ryzen is better for everything else, especially streaming while gaming.
They're pretty much the same price.

Additionally:
I linked the next PC i'd be building in that post, and it includes a 2700x.
(Using the Black version of that case though. PCPP is dumb sometimes.)

Edited by Zoehh

I have Ryzen 3 oc 4.0ghz, 16gb ram, RX580 8gb vram and im at 60fps with drops, with everything at max. But yeah, the game is bad optimized.

7 hours ago, Gamma64c said:

16 minutes ago, Zoehh said:

No, as far as the Ryzen series there isn't really. If you read my other post a bit farther down I explained my thoughts.

tl;dr:

i7-8700k vs Ryzen 2700x
Intel CPU still gets ~5-10% more fps.
Ryzen is better for everything else, especially streaming while gaming.
They're pretty much the same price.

Additionally:
I linked the next PC i'd be building in that post, and it includes a 2700x.
(Using the Black version of that case though. PCPP is dumb sometimes.)

14 minutes ago, ZEKER said:

I have Ryzen 3 oc 4.0ghz, 16gb ram, RX580 8gb vram and im at 60fps with drops, with everything at max. But yeah, the game is bad optimized.

Current gen game is only beginning to full utilize multi-thread technology. It will get there hopefully in the next few years, but multi-core performance is not what you are looking for when building a gaming pc. You need single-thread performance & speed:

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

While the Ryzen 7 2700X is a -great- processor, at its $319 pricepoint, for $30 more you have the best single-threaded performance available ( in the i8700k ). Ryzen is a great chipset there is no argument- but Intel's chips last longer, due to being made with better materials/components that can withstand the stress better over time.

As for the Ryzen 3- there is only so much you can squeeze out of budget processors. It's pretty low on that list. You can try the garbage collection fixes to minimize the stuttering, but overall the performance of APB depends on single-core performance, and a system that can maintain/support that performance without bottlenecking.

2 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

but Intel's chips last longer, due to being made with better materials/components that can withstand the stress better over time.

Depends, Intel's one lacking area is its outadated TIM.  I have a 2nd gen Ryzen so I might be biased but I feel AMD has finally come around Intel on cooling, and that helps with life.  Ive had systems from both brands last over 10 years, its usually power surges, or buying low quality power supplies that do you in quicker.

Yeah how about that Paste TIM instead of solder - really quality materials there T1Wg0hK.png

3 minutes ago, Zoehh said:

Yeah how about that Paste TIM instead of solder - really quality materials there T1Wg0hK.png

Everybody cuts corners these days 😛

Edited by BuggedOut

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

Everybody cuts corners these days 😛

Ryzen is soldered ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

11 hours ago, Zoehh said:

Ryzen is soldered ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But what they are soldering together is crap in comparison xD

13 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

While the Ryzen 7 2700X is a -great- processor, at its $319 pricepoint, for $30 more you have the best single-threaded performance available ( in the i8700k ). Ryzen is a great chipset there is no argument- but Intel's chips last longer, due to being made with better materials/components that can withstand the stress better over time.

I feel like you choose Intel way to easily over AMD, the single thread performance is not that much anymore. And it's simply not true that Intel lasts longer.

If games actually start using proper cores and loads on there cores, AMD will shine heavily.

16 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

I feel like you choose Intel way to easily over AMD, the single thread performance is not that much anymore. And it's simply not true that Intel lasts longer.

If games actually start using proper cores and loads on there cores, AMD will shine heavily.

-When- games actually start using proper multi-core distribution, I agreed wholeheartedly AMD will shine. I'm an AMD user just as much as I'm an Intel user. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2018 at 1:35 PM, BuggedOut said:

But what they are soldering together is crap in comparison xD

Crap for what though? I'll take a 2-8% fps loss in gaming for better performance in everything else, including streaming while gaming. 
Not only that but assuming your GPU isn't shit, at anything above 1080p the cpu becomes much less relevant and the fps split drops to ~1% or less.

Sign in to follow this