Sign in to follow this  
Gamma64c

APB on my new GTX 1050 GPU

13 hours ago, Mr Derp said:

$33 for a fan with LEDs on it? Are you high?

It's actually a very good fan even without the lighting. Maglev bearing and good static pressure/CPM mix. Using it for both case fans ans rad fans.
I want the lighting because why not? I can afford it.

Just now, Zoehh said:

It's actually a very good fan even without the lighting. Maglev bearing and good static pressure/CPM mix. Using it for both case fans ans rad fans.
I want the lighting because why not? I can afford it.

Just make sure the things you buy with flair are reliable as well.

Just now, BartMcRoy said:

Just make sure the things you buy with flair are reliable as well.

Of course. Everything in there isn't just for RGB-heathen reasons, it's extra. Functionality over flair.

But if I can spend an extra $50 and have a rainbow rave in my case that's designed to show off the internals? Sure.

The only questionable components in there tbh are AMD over Intel CPU for gaming (which I can explain), and the Logitech headset.

I can understand an AMD CPU for many reasons. Affordability is one. Gaming wise maybe not the best, but they do have better value. It's just part of the sacrifices you make when it comes to building a rig.

Headsets to me are basically, do the headphones fit my big-patootie head? I got an Blue Igloo for a mic, so the onboard mic is really just useless.

I'm just worried I'll need to upgrade my GPU to a 1060 at least for when Monster Hunter comes out.

8 minutes ago, BartMcRoy said:

I can understand an AMD CPU for many reasons. Affordability is one. Gaming wise maybe not the best, but they do have better value. It's just part of the sacrifices you make when it comes to building a rig.

Headsets to me are basically, do the headphones fit my big-patootie head? I got an Blue Igloo for a mic, so the onboard mic is really just useless.

I'm just worried I'll need to upgrade my GPU to a 1060 at least for when Monster Hunter comes out.

AMD Ryzen R7 2700x is very very close to the Intel i7-8700k in Gaming benchmarks, being edged out at about a 2-8% loss in most titles. However the Compute performance is much better. It also doesn't lose nearly as much frames while streaming at a higher resolution and encoding rate. I'm willing to take a slight FPS Loss at 1440p (Which, is mostly up to the GPU at that point anyway) to have a much better streaming and work experience. They're the same price point so that doesn't matter much. I'd get the 2800x but it's not out yet. May be by the time I build this though.

Nvidia 1180 is also on the horizon but I'll probably end up sticking with the 1080ti as the 1180's GDDR6 that can do 20Gb/s when overclocked will be eaten alive by miners (that's 960GB/s as compared to the Tesla HBM2 memory that can do 900GB/s and is incredibly expensive/power hungry).

The headset is mostly just because It's not an entirely awful headset, and I've become used to the way Logitech does it's pseudo-surround sound with the G35 I've had for years.
Also it's doesn't have the fake leather stuff the G35 has on the earcups, so that won't flake off like mine has on all 6 I've had.

Edited by Zoehh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rumple said:

I am genuinely jealous! But glad it’s good for you.

If it helps, I uninstalled back in January of last year, and when I reinstalled, I just kept it clean. Default stuff, seems to work like a charm for some reason.

10 hours ago, Puffdragon said:

Hmmm if this works I will buy you some joke boxes.

So I will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Step 1. I have deleted the suggested configs and installed new video card drivers, I made sure to do a fresh install.... Will let you know... Also disabled cuda

^that didn't fix the problem, also not sure why my rerolls said they were banned but now they aren't.

Step 2. Trying the garbage collection fonfig tweak.

Hmm the garbage collection tweak seems promising, it definitely seems better. I set the cache size to 7.5, it was set to 9.9, I then set the cycle rate to 120 like you said. I may indeed owe you some joker boxes. Set configs to read only

Step 3. Deleted my apb log folder, running apb on default gfx, with fps limit off. Staying around 101 fps with dips to 70, still stutter but it's defintely a lot less.

Very glad that helped. My IGN is the same as my forum name :)

If you would like to know more you can message me ingame on Citadel if you need more information or advice.

Edited by KyoukiDotExe

APB is not optimised for multi cpu usage, meaning that apb runs better on 2 cores with high clock speeds than 4 cores with lower clock speeds.

Also alot mobos have a bios with multiple power saving features that cut core clockspeed even under load in apb. 

I tested it once with a intel I7 4700K , disable multithreading making it basicly a I5 but clocked the speed up , made apb run way better.

Also disabled the bios power saving features, most games the power saving features are suspended automaticly  but for some reason with apb it doesn't.

This was 2-3 y ago.

All this can be easely googled on how to do with your specific mobo and OS cmd 

On 6/2/2018 at 5:22 PM, Zoehh said:

Running an HD7970 and i5-760 (Stock clock cause it's old asf and I can't maintain OC Voltage anymore feelsbadman) /w 16GB DDR3-1333 (kek) -- Over-Max settings via advanced launcher, and i'm sitting around 170fps EkW144i.png
Can't wait to build my new system and drop to sub 100.

Can I see a screenshot of you running APB at 170fps? Thanks.

On 6/2/2018 at 3:23 PM, Gamma64c said:

THis is how my game (car) looks on my new GPU. It looks fine in social designs but looses colour in game. On the streaming GPU (an older Ti) it looks fine

In case it's not clear Im referreing to the colour loss of the car

Bad looking on GTX 1050

https://imgur.com/2JvURbM

On same GPU it looks fine in designs

https://imgur.com/4EX4l8g

It looks fine on the older Ti Card

https://imgur.com/k3hR7Mr

On older Ti GPU

https://imgur.com/R3VMYbK

I have two GPU's in my machine because of the work I do, so swapping for the game is just moving the monitor's connector. The Ti card is used for its NVEnc hardware gfx encoding

Mind you this is not a bug report. I just want the community to stay aware of always having an older GPU at hand, in case the game barfs on the new one you put in

welcome to apb

6 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

Can I see a screenshot of you running APB at 170fps? Thanks.

It's locked at 101fps for monitors with lower than 120hz profile, and 121fps for monitors 120hz or higher. Note that you don't need a +120hz monitor, just the profile in the driver to trick the game.

I assume the other person was being sarcastic, but you can crank the fps limit higher by modifying the game's memory. I have no idea if FairFight would detect this so I haven't checked if it still works. Old screenshot:

VgDRqie.png

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

20 hours ago, Abduct / Devote said:

If it helps, I uninstalled back in January of last year, and when I reinstalled, I just kept it clean. Default stuff, seems to work like a charm for some reason.

I’ll give it a shot this weekend. Pray for me

Running on a HD630 from my i7 at 1024/768. Don't get much stutters, but smoke just completely wrecks my frame rate.

5 hours ago, TheAceNinja said:

Running on a HD630 from my i7 at 1024/768. Don't get much stutters, but smoke just completely wrecks my frame rate.

Try reducing Particle Space Area to less than the 25000 default.
I have mine at 12500, but I think anything above (and including) 1250 is OK before you start missing stuff likes cars being on fire, or grenade trails.

Edited by Zoehh

On 6/3/2018 at 11:01 AM, RubyGee said:

@Gamma64c Make sure 'Limited RGB range' isn't enabled in your Nvidia control panel. One quick way to check it is to look at a black image. If it appears grey, it's on and you should switch to full range mode.

(it's on limited range by default when you install your drivers)

Edit : it probably may not be that (above) but try maxing up your settings as the others suggested, just to see

I did not find the {Limited RGB range} setting in the colour section of my nVidia settings. Where is that parameter located?

I will check the parameters on maxing settings in game

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I use all blue LEDs... for lower temperatures.

Well too bad blue carries more energy than red does xD (in other words, blue is warmer than red)

19 minutes ago, Gamma64c said:

I did not find the {Limited RGB range} setting in the colour section of my nVidia settings. Where is that parameter located?

I will check the parameters on maxing settings in game

It should be around there.

Edited by RubyGee

I'm running the game on max, plus AA, with a 980ti and a i7-4790k with 8GB RAM. The game play's smooth, but it still stutters occasionally, or straight up freezes for a few seconds. But until this thread I thought it was just server lag.

36 minutes ago, RubyGee said:

Well too bad blue carries more energy than red does xD (in other words, blue is warmer than red)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yes ._.

I'm running a GTX 1070 and my game looks fine.  Usually get about 60~70 fps with occasional stutters.

One thing that I've noticed if you want to run APB smoothly... NEVER for the love of god minimize the game.  For me this just destroys my performance when I bring it back up.  Occasional stutters turn into almost constant stutters and mini-freezes and over time it just gets worse and worse and the freezes keep getting longer.  Whether I'm in windowed mode or fullscreen doesn't make a difference.  The Steam overlay does this too but to a lesser extent.

1 minute ago, BrandonBranderson said:

I'm running a GTX 1070 and my game looks fine.  Usually get about 60~70 fps with occasional stutters.

One thing that I've noticed if you want to run APB smoothly... NEVER for the love of god minimize the game.  For me this just destroys my performance when I bring it back up.  Occasional stutters turn into almost constant stutters and mini-freezes and over time it just gets worse and worse and the freezes keep getting longer.  Whether I'm in windowed mode or fullscreen doesn't make a difference.  The Steam overlay does this too but to a lesser extent.

There's an issue with Steam when, if you alt+tab while in the steam overlay, APB will lock itself in the 40s. Really annoying bug that has been there fore quite a while.

Just now, RubyGee said:

There's an issue with Steam when, if you alt+tab while in the steam overlay, APB will lock itself in the 40s. Really annoying bug that has been there fore quite a while.

Yikes, actually haven't minimized it while the steam overlay was open but that sounds terrible.  I remember when 40 fps was the norm for me back when Garry's Mod was what everyone was playing.

3 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Yikes, actually haven't minimized it while the steam overlay was open but that sounds terrible.  I remember when 40 fps was the norm for me back when Garry's Mod was what everyone was playing.

Well, don't try xD (unless you really want sub 40 fps 😮 )

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2018 at 4:49 PM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

It looks like you used the advanced launcher and set a bunch of things low.

[...]

I'm playing on a CPU that was END OF LIFE in 2011. Still get 110+ fps on average. I do get the slight stutter every minute due to the garbage collection, but otherwise it runs fine.

I did, but I used the game config. It was on the lowest gfx possible, with just bloom on at night, since my previous GPU was a GT630 from nVidia

I set the gfx on max, and the colour of my cop-car was also good ingame

On 6/3/2018 at 6:23 PM, KyoukiDotExe said:

You can change the garbagecollection functionality in here: APB Reloaded\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini on line 88 and 89:

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=120
GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb=16

On my machine it was on line 85 86 but the data was there and after I backed up the file I tweaked it.

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects

Up this value to have less stutters each X secs (60 = default, so every 60 seconds it will clear the memory for a bit), but you still need this command as else the game will crash after several minutes of playing.

For 16GB system memory use  8,

For 32GB system memory use 16,

Over here I used the value for 16GB machines. Will test it out now

Thank you all for the great help

Edited by Gamma64c
formatting

Sign in to follow this