Sign in to follow this  
Gamma64c

APB on my new GTX 1050 GPU

THis is how my game (car) looks on my new GPU. It looks fine in social designs but looses colour in game. On the streaming GPU (an older Ti) it looks fine

In case it's not clear Im referring to the colour loss of the car

Bad looking on GTX 1050

https://imgur.com/2JvURbM

On same GPU it looks fine in designs

https://imgur.com/4EX4l8g

It looks fine on the older Ti Card

https://imgur.com/k3hR7Mr

On older Ti GPU

https://imgur.com/R3VMYbK

I have two GPU's in my machine because of the work I do, so swapping for the game is just moving the monitor's connector. The Ti card is used for its NVEnc hardware gfx encoding

Mind you this is not a bug report. I just want the community to stay aware of always having an older GPU at hand, in case the game barfs on the new one you put in

Edited by Gamma64c

What're your settings and framerate? This could also be a driver issue, you have two cards in the system, but does the computer have the appropriate drivers installed for the 1050?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sergsininia said:

What're your settings and framerate? This could also be a driver issue, you have two cards in the system, but does the computer have the appropriate drivers installed for the 1050?

My settings are the same is with the older GPU's. My previous setup had a GT1030 (modern slower GPU) on which I do the gfx stuff of the desktop and a GT630, which has NVEnc for H264 that I use exclusively for hardware A/V encoding. The driver I had, was ready for the GTX 1050.

In fact, I updated to the latest driver of nVidia less than 24hrs ago, which has support for all my GPU's (GT630 with NVEnc, GT1030, GTX1050, GTX 750Ti)

2 hours ago, Gamma64c said:

My settings are the same is with the older GPU's. My previous setup had a GT1030 (modern slower GPU) on which I do the gfx stuff of the desktop and a GT630, which has NVEnc for H264 that I use exclusively for hardware A/V encoding. The driver I had, was ready for the GTX 1050.

In fact, I updated to the latest driver of nVidia less than 24hrs ago, which has support for all my GPU's (GT630 with NVEnc, GT1030, GTX1050, GTX 750Ti)

Even though APB is a CPU intensive game, your graphics card also plays a big role. I can play on a mix of high and max graphics on a GTX 650, so if there's anything wrong with picture quality, try maxing your graphics.

If they are already maxed, you said you used the second gpu for streaming. I would say try troubleshooting by removing the streaming card, so as there is only one gpu in the system. I don't have experience streaming with two cards, but there is also a multi-gpu option in the settings. Not sure how that would affect your game.

Edit: Also, it looks like you have reduced quality on decals and such, as well as bloom is turned off, (the pictures you provided in game look fairly dark.) I would begin turning the decals and shadows on, then seeing if updating bloom will help.

Edited by Sergsininia
  • Like 2

I changed from a laptop to a desktop gaming pc. My framerate lowered, even if now I can play with better settings (finally I see shadows!)

overall, I feel like the game was running better on my laptop than my gaming pc, optimization wise.

I'm on GTX 1080 ti and 32GB of RAM and the game is still broken on my PC, that's not you, that's the game which is not that optimized or which is not optimized at all. Basically broken as PUBG is. 

7 minutes ago, Nessie said:

I changed from a laptop to a desktop gaming pc. My framerate lowered, even if now I can play with better settings (finally I see shadows!)

overall, I feel like the game was running better on my laptop than my gaming pc, optimization wise.

Lol, my gaming PC from 2014, is still better then my laptop that I bought in Jan/2018...

PC >> ALL

i have an RX480 and an I7 6700 everything is fine , 101 FPS even in maxed

Running an HD7970 and i5-760 (Stock clock cause it's old asf and I can't maintain OC Voltage anymore feelsbadman) /w 16GB DDR3-1333 (kek) -- Over-Max settings via advanced launcher, and i'm sitting around 170fps EkW144i.png
Can't wait to build my new system and drop to sub 100.

It looks like you set your game to fucking potato graphics. I don't think the GPU is the problem since the GTX 1050 is slightly better than the GTX 760(which can run max settings) so you should be able to run the game perfectly on max settings

10 minutes ago, IAmDisappointSon said:

It looks like you set your game to fucking potato graphics. I don't think the GPU is the problem since the GTX 1050 is slightly better than the GTX 760(which can run max settings) so you should be able to run the game perfectly on max settings

Are there people that run this game w/o issue? I can run max settings or minimal settings it doesn't matter I'll still get random stutter/shocking lag even with <20 latency. Or is that running the game 'perfectly' and everyone deals with this nuisance?

7 minutes ago, Rumple said:

Are there people that run this game w/o issue? I can run max settings or minimal settings it doesn't matter I'll still get random stutter/shocking lag even with <20 latency. Or is that running the game 'perfectly' and everyone deals with this nuisance?

In the same boat as you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rumple said:

I'm running an I5-4440, a GTX 760 with 2gb video ram, the game is installed on a hard drive, and I have 8gb of ram. My framerate is constantly running smooth in the 80fps range and I never have any stutters. The only instance where I lag is when I have at least 4 or 5 cars blown up beside me. The flames from 4 or more blown up cars make my fps go down a bit, but not by much and the framerate is still consistent.

The only reason I can think of why people can't run the game with good hardware is optimization or something in their system is slowing it down. Optimization is more likely because I can run APB perfectly on max settings, but my system struggles to run Garry's Mod ,which is a basic patootie game.

2 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

In the same boat as you.

I legit thought I was alone. I even use the advanced launcher and razer cortex to try and somehow make it better w/ no success.

1 minute ago, IAmDisappointSon said:

I'm running an I5-4440, a GTX 760 with 2gb video ram, the game is installed on a hard drive, and I have 8gb of ram. My framerate is constantly running smooth in the 80fps range and I never have any stutters. The only instance where I lag is when I have at least 4 or 5 cars blown up beside me. The flames from 4 or more blown up cars make my fps go down a bit, but not by much and the framerate is still consistent.

The only reason I can think of why people can't run the game with good hardware is optimization or something in their system is slowing it down. Optimization is more likely because I can run APB perfectly on max settings, but my system struggles to run Garry's Mod ,which is a basic patootie game.

I guess it's the optimization, makes sense as it impacts various people. I actually pulled out my old PC that I first played APB on a couple of weeks ago (pre-LO) and I had not so great fps (40-75), but I didn't seem to have the stutter issue as much. t's not unplayable, but definitely impacts my performance in-game. 

15 hours ago, Zoehh said:

Running an HD7970 and i5-760 (Stock clock cause it's old asf and I can't maintain OC Voltage anymore feelsbadman) /w 16GB DDR3-1333 (kek) -- Over-Max settings via advanced launcher, and i'm sitting around 170fps EkW144i.png

$33 for a fan with LEDs on it? Are you high?

16 hours ago, Zoehh said:

can you prove what you're saying , im having doubts , and pretty much any old apb player would know why

@Gamma64c Make sure 'Limited RGB range' isn't enabled in your Nvidia control panel. One quick way to check it is to look at a black image. If it appears grey, it's on and you should switch to full range mode.

(it's on limited range by default when you install your drivers)

Edit : it probably may not be that (above) but try maxing up your settings as the others suggested, just to see

Edited by RubyGee

My computer is garbo but it runs the game fine. My issue is the micro stutters and blips. Makes me want to punch holes in the wall, mainly because I'm dying to stutter / lag and not players.

It looks like you used the advanced launcher and set a bunch of things low. I would try resetting the ini files. Even if you didn't use it they might of been corrupted. I would also try doing a fresh install of your garphics drivers.

- Go to APB's install directory. Then go into "APB Reloaded\APBGame\Config."

- Delete APBCompat.ini, APBEngine.ini, and APBMachineOptions.ini. This will reset all of your graphics settings in game.

On 6/2/2018 at 1:55 PM, Nessie said:

I'm playing on a CPU that was END OF LIFE in 2011. Still get 110+ fps on average. I do get the slight stutter every minute due to the garbage collection, but otherwise it runs fine.

1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

It looks like you used the advanced launcher and set a bunch of things low. I would try resetting the ini files. Even if you didn't use it they might of been corrupted. I would also try doing a fresh install of your garphics drivers.

- Delete APBCompat.ini, APBEngine.ini, and APBMachineOptions.ini. This will reset all of your graphics settings in game.

I'm playing on a CPU that was END OF LIFE in 2011. Still get 110+ fps on average. I do get the slight stutter every minute due to the garbage collection, but otherwise it runs fine.

Yes I'll try that, I think the stutter is hard-drive related. I will tinker with it and let you know if I fix it.

I made this video on the same computer years ago, and I had no stutter and almost constant 60 fps. Now it's just garbage. This is a troll video btw, I know it's shit lol.

Edit: This was actually captured with a 660 card, so I had an even worse video card at the time. Disabling cuda seemed to help if I remember with the newer geforce cards, you can do that in the geforce menu, I'm not saying that's a fix, but it is a possible one.

Edited by Puffdragon

18 hours ago, Rumple said:

Actually, my game seems to run fine now, haven't had fps issues since coming back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

This helps, also I rock an i7 2600k @ 4.5 Ghz and it rocks a solid 120fps across the board ( with tweaked APBCompat.ini however. )

You can change the garbagecollection functionality in here: APB Reloaded\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini on line 88 and 89:

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=120
GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb=16

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects

Up this value to have less stutters each X secs (60 = default, so every 60 seconds it will clear the memory for a bit), but you still need this command as else the game will crash after several minutes of playing. Upping this value will also result in it happening less frequent.

I've set mine to 120 so every 2 minutes it will start doing a little cleanup, most noticeable when you just joined a district.

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb

How much it can store up and when it should start cleaning itself.

For 8GB system memory use 4,

For 16GB system memory use  8,

For 32GB system memory use 16,

And the rest you can pretty much calculate by yourself.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

This helps, also I rock an i7 2600k @ 4.5 Ghz and it rocks a solid 120fps across the board ( with tweaked APBCompat.ini however. )

You can change the garbagecollection functionality in here: APB Reloaded\Engine\Config\BaseEngine.ini on line 88 and 89:

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=120
GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb=16

TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects

Up this value to have less stutters each X secs (60 = default, so every 60 seconds it will clear the memory for a bit), but you still need this command as else the game will crash after several minutes of playing. Upping this value will also result in it happening less frequent.

I've set mine to 120 so every 2 minutes it will start doing a little cleanup, most noticeable when you just joined a district.

GarbageCollectionMemoryCeilingGb

How much it can store up and when it should start cleaning itself.

For 8GB system memory use 4,

For 16GB system memory use  8,

For 32GB system memory use 16,

And the rest you can pretty much calculate by yourself.

Hmmm if this works I will buy you some joke boxes.

So I will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Step 1. I have deleted the suggested configs and installed new video card drivers, I made sure to do a fresh install.... Will let you know... Also disabled cuda

^that didn't fix the problem, also not sure why my rerolls said they were banned but now they aren't.

Step 2. Trying the garbage collection fonfig tweak.

Hmm the garbage collection tweak seems promising, it definitely seems better. I set the cache size to 7.5, it was set to 9.9, I then set the cycle rate to 120 like you said. I may indeed owe you some joker boxes. Set configs to read only

Step 3. Deleted my apb log folder, running apb on default gfx, with fps limit off. Staying around 101 fps with dips to 70, still stutter but it's defintely a lot less.

Edited by Puffdragon

4 hours ago, Abduct / Devote said:

Actually, my game seems to run fine now, haven't had fps issues since coming back. 

I am genuinely jealous! But glad it’s good for you.

Sign in to follow this