Sign in to follow this  
Roblo

Russians.

Hello. Citadel will be invaded by russians. I don't know how we can handle it, will people quit, will it bring more people? All I can see in front of me is just a russian chat, no english in chat at all. It's bad now but I think that it will only get worse. I doubt that merging nekrova with citadel will do anything good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You play on an EU server. EU is made up of many different countries that speak a multitude of languages, not just english and russian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The morning population is already 90% russian. I doubt there will be that much of a change. Sooner or later all server gets merged anyways because of the planed server system, if im not wrong. Either they just shutdown nekrova and some of them create a new character here (if not already) or they keep their characters and get merged to us.

Edited by iTzBlackout

I personally dont know why so much hate to russians,sometimes the server chat is full  of german ,polish etc people talking and no one complains but yeah with  russians

What i find annoying is that they whisper u in russian because idk russian but other than that nothing

10 hours ago, Roblo said:

no english in chat at all

if no one is speaking english in chat then why cant the russians speak russian? not like the chat is being used for anything else according to you

tbh apb should stop supporting cyryllic symbols so that if they rage in whisper all you would see would be boxes
EDIT for peanut-brained with inability to read: T H I S   W A S    A     J O K E
in reality we should just have language based district channels and one global channel

Edited by Latsha
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You play on an EU server. EU is made up of many different countries that speak a multitude of languages, not just english and russian.

Russia isn't part of the EU is it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, swft said:

Russia isn't part of the EU is it?

It is not a European Union server. EU stands for the European and surrounding area geographically.

Like HAN was for Asia/Oceanic and NA is for the greater Americas.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

2 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

There should be a rule to timeout/ban this type of racism.

How was it racist? I didn't really talk shit about the russians, I just shared my 2 cents.

4 minutes ago, Roblo said:

How was it racist? I didn't really talk shit about the russians, I just shared my 2 cents.

- You "doubt that merging nekrova with citadel will do anything good".

- You stated that the chat will become 100% Russian, even though other languages than English are also used to communicate in APB.

- You ask the question: "how we can handle it", trying to brainwash people into thinking that Russians coming over is an epicly bad thing (even though they already exist in Citadel).

- You went as far as speculating that people would quit because of it (even though Russians already play in CItadel).

- You "think that it will only get worse".

You clearly have issues with Russians and you aren't even mediocre at hiding it. I am certain that if you were a board-member at LO, you would have voted against the merge.

Regardless. It is not a problem. If it was, LO wouldn't be going forward with the merge. Kindly do not try to make it seem detrimental to the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

There should be a rule to timeout/ban this type of racism.

THIS!

5 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

- You stated that the chat will become 100% Russian, even though other languages than English are also used to communicate in APB.

- You ask the question: "how we can handle it", trying to brainwash people into thinking that Russians coming over is an epicly bad thing (even though they already exist in Citadel).

- You went as far as speculating that people would quit because of it (even though Russians already play in CItadel).

You clearly have issues with Russians and you aren't even mediocre at hiding it. I am certain that if you were a board-member at LO, you would have voted against the merge.

Regardless. It is not a problem. If it was, LO wouldn't be going forward with the merge. Kindly do not try to make it seem detrimental to the game.

thisthisthis

You guys need to calm down a bit with this situation, ey. One way to settle things down would be to only allow english in chat, if a multi-language chat is what bothers you ATM. Either that, or having two separate chat channels, or leaving it like this. Pick one.

Edited by _chain
  • Like 1

Here is my reasoning on the subject:

I don't mind Russians as long as they can't type in Cyrillic on a european realm. 
I also don't mind Polish people typing in polish, I don't mind Germans typing in german; all because I can very simply translate it to a language I understand, like English or Swedish if need-be. They use numbers and letters that the entire world understands. You also have to consider that most poles and germans also speak very good English whilst the great majority of the Russian population does not speak any another language than Russian. 

If the Russians want to play with us Europeans, they should have to use the same alphabet. 

I really hope the characters on Nekrova that are in Cyrillic will be forced to rename when they are merged so that I can have a chance at pronouncing them and communicating with teammates about who is doing what and where. 

If Little Orbit doesn't want to remove the support for Cyrillic I at least need some sort of option to filter out Cyrillic on my client, I don't want to see it as it just clutters the chat with complete with gibberish.

Edited by Basih
  • Thanks 1

Well. As i dont speak russian i translate their sentencey to german. An often they just insult me in their native language. Even if i write them back "Only English" they still spam towards me the same bullshoot.

I wish to disable every whisper by not friends. That would be something nice.

And why I complain? Because i get atleast 5 persons per hour spamming me. Its not worth it to ignore all these... people.

Btw. I like russians. Its not that i have something against them. French, spanish and german people already insulted me too. But i can see why everyone is upset about the merge.

Just let it happen. We can find solutions afterwards. They are just human beings too

Cheers

On 3/18/2019 at 6:56 PM, Lily Rain said:

As I said, It's just my thoughts and not racism, dont be so PC.

Firstly russia is NOT in europe Russia is part of the Eurasian continent. Which is not in Europe it is actually in northern Asia. If you do not believe me you can google it. I prefer citadel to merge with US or somewhat another english speaking continent or country and make russians have their own server. This is because if we need to team communicate we cant because they speak Russian.

6 hours ago, Revolted said:

Firstly russia is NOT in europe Russia is part of the Eurasian continent. Which is not in Europe it is actually in northern Asia. If you do not believe me you can google it. I prefer citadel to merge with US or somewhat another english speaking continent or country and make russians have their own server. This is because if we need to team communicate we cant because they speak Russian.

So you would prefer to play with americans, even though the distamce would make them have 200ms ping? Ok. Well.

You are free to join NA servers if you think language>ping