Sign in to follow this  
MartisLTU

Ppl. thoughts about LO dealing with cheaters

So recently i come back to APB ( yeah i missed to be rekt by kiddos ) and i noticed few cheaters ... (Hold on i know what ya thinking:, APB have no cheaters only pro... But imagine if it did). 

So i asked about him in chat and ppl. were mad at him, ppl. told me he was cheating for months now ... ( i know APB have no problems with cheats ,but he looked bit fishy to me too).

So i asked why no one reports him ?

And ppl. answered : There is no point ... support will lake 3-4 months to read letter and probably 3-4 months to investigate this ho**********s player, after 8 months he probably get bored and wont even care to cheat in APB.

"LO" lift your fat as* and do something about cheaters .. is it realy so hard to ban 1-2 most noticeable fishy players from FC ? 

How much longer we have to wait for proper system against cheats ?

Plz meme this and use some cool gifs ...

giphy-1.gif

• Like 1

Why not just bump one of the previous threads that had the same focus?

7 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

Why not just bump one of the previous threads that had the same focus?

More threads better ... ignoring problem leaved us to 300-500 pop.

9 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

More threads better ... ignoring problem leaved us to 300-500 pop.

The same thread is being made every week.

I too love non-sourced, unsubstantiated hearsay as the cornerstone for arguments.

Hah ... ppl. are more annoyed by cheat threads than cheaters and "LO" incapability to solve the problem .... hmmm interesting twist.

very_interesting.gif

• Like 3

I like to think I play APB fairly regularly. I also like to think that I'm pretty chill about winning or losing and I really have very little ego or time invested in being "good."

From that perspective I can assure you, cheating exists and cheaters do take time to get banned sometimes, but they are far from the only or even biggest problem APB faces. If you see a cheater don't go "waaa reporting doesn't do anything" because they're not insta smited by the mighty fist of Matt. Yes, it takes support a while to get to your ticket, it has gotten a lot better lately though. After they get to your ticket, if you provided good and substantial evidence it shouldn't take long for them to take action. Using the ingame report also helps.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jewer said:

Dibs on tomorrow's* post 

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

• Like 1

i think orbit should announce they’re turning off all anticheats for a month (and then follow through), that way people can see exactly what they’re being ungrateful for 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

i think orbit should announce they’re turning off all anticheats for a month (and then follow through), that way people can see exactly what they’re being ungrateful for 

I second this.

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

If we ignore those who would try cheats for a first time to troll some one ... i wont even feel difference ... those who have bypass from payd cheats doesnt even care about "BE' right now.

You should look at AL, where millions of players and cheaters in each third match. So if here is 500 ppl online it’s normal to see 2 cheaters/district. IMO I don’t care about them because only I do care is what I don’t see any new content. It’s normal for f2p game.

Edited by PACwoMAN

13 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

So recently i come back to APB ( yeah i missed to be rekt by kiddos ) and i noticed few cheaters ... (Hold on i know what ya thinking:, APB have no cheaters only pro... But imagine if it did). 

So i asked about him in chat and ppl. were mad at him, ppl. told me he was cheating for months now ... ( i know APB have no problems with cheats ,but he looked bit fishy to me too).

And ppl. answered : There is no point ... support will lake 3-4 months to read letter and probably 3-4 months to investigate this ho**********s player, after 8 months he probably get bored and wont even care to cheat in APB.

"LO" lift your fat as* and do something about cheaters .. is it realy so hard to ban 1-2 most noticeable fishy players from FC ? 

giphy-1.gif

I'd suggest you do what I do, take a note of the name and clan of every cheater you report...  From what I can gather, most cheaters are members of a few very prominent cheater clans, so whenever I see one of these clans I immediately get suspicious. If LO want, they could probably get rid of over half the cheater problem by investigating the members of these clans tbh. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 7:10 AM, MartisLTU said:

Hah ... ppl. are more annoyed by cheat threads than cheaters and "LO" incapability to solve the problem .... hmmm interesting twist.

solve a problem?

Lets not confuse this as a war that is easily won.

The people who make the cheat programs make money off of this.

Then the companies like BattleEye then make a way to catch those people cheating.

Then the people who make cheat programs make a new one that can cheat again and not be detected like before.

Then in this vicious cycle the anti cheat companies once again upgrade to detect the new cheat.

So how in all of that is it Little Orbits fault on slime balls who have no soul?

Edit : to clarify 

My comment and question is not directed at anyone in particular.

It's meant for discussion and not meant to be directed to anyone who is either on this thread or otherwise.

Well sorta... the slime ball cheaters who make these cheats can bite me but thats different....right?

Edited by Fortune Runner

Use the in game report. It's faster. If it's configured right, LO shouldn't need to manually sort through each report.

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

solve a problem?

Lets not confuse this as a war that is easily won.

The people who make the cheat programs make money off of this.

Then the companies like BattleEye then make a way to catch those people cheating.

Then the people who make cheat programs make a new one that can cheat again and not be detected like before.

Then in this vicious cycle the anti cheat companies once again upgrade to detect the new cheat.

So how in all of that is it Little Orbits fault on slime balls who have no soul?

True its a war in all online games, tho somehow those other games dealing with them better. Example playing "Paladins" since 2016 seen only 2-3 cheaters and it was long time ago. Dont have any problems on killing opponents for a 3 years ... no one seemed fishy to suspect.

My suggestion:.

*Add Killcam with save option, so players could have proof without 3 party recording.

*Add Link requirement~ Link steam to G1 and if player caught cheating, ban both acc. ( this way reroll will take bit longer time).

*Add SMS a.k.a. 2 step verification ( makes acc. safer and reroll takes bit longer).

*Add ingame report with 24h limit ( player cant report same person more than 1 time in 24h ~ spamm reduced).

*Add ID ban.

Its not much .. not gonna solve problem, BUT its more effort than just changing one demo version anti-cheat into another demo version anti-cheat.

On 3/17/2019 at 11:16 AM, MartisLTU said:

giphy-1.gif

I guess that refers to thread likes mine and what people says around.

What I had in mind is that there is no denying there are cheaters but they numbers aren't so great. I can think of like 10 cheaters active right now on Citadel APB which due to name & shame policy can't really publicly speak out about.

7 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

True its a war in all online games, tho somehow those other games dealing with them better. Example playing "Paladins" since 2016 seen only 2-3 cheaters and it was long time ago. Dont have any problems on killing opponents for a 3 years ... no one seemed fishy to suspect.

My suggestion:.

*Add Killcam with save option, so players could have proof without 3 party recording.

*Add Link requirement~ Link steam to G1 and if player caught cheating, ban both acc. ( this way reroll will take bit longer time).

*Add SMS a.k.a. 2 step verification ( makes acc. safer and reroll takes bit longer).

*Add ingame report with 24h limit ( player cant report same person more than 1 time in 24h ~ spamm reduced).

*Add ID ban.

Its not much .. not gonna solve problem, BUT its more effort than just changing one demo version anti-cheat into another demo version anti-cheat.

Add killcam - Id want it regardless just to add to APB so one more reason to have it.

Add link requirement - unknown to me of legal issues needed for partnership for steam and APB to do this. Little Orbit would have to look into this I suppose.

add sms - lately this has not been completely secure for some places so I am unsure of how I feel about this.

add ingame report with  a time spam filter (edited for you) - not sure since I dont personally know the details anymore how they check people. might be good might not be because of it.

add id ban - clarify please what you are referring to for id ban. it can mean multiple things depending on the game.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

add id ban - clarify please what you are referring to for id ban. it can mean multiple things depending on the game.

hardware ID, tho i would suggest to use ALL types of ban 😂 just incase...

Btw... thx for responds.

Edited by MartisLTU

IP bans and HWID bans make literally no difference, all you gotta do is google spoof HWID or get a VPN and both of those will be a joke to you. If someone wants to, they can circumvent any kind of ban you try to put down.

1 hour ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

IP bans and HWID bans make literally no difference, all you gotta do is google spoof HWID or get a VPN and both of those will be a joke to you. If someone wants to, they can circumvent any kind of ban you try to put down.

So no ban can stop them ....

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

So no ban can stop them ....

Just like all other F2P games out there, no there is no ban that can stop them from coming back on a reroll.

Sign in to follow this