Javanick

Well LO you guys killed the only game I love

Well you guys killed my fun completely now.....I logged today for my Birthday, hoping to play and have some fun but nope only thing I get is kicks around....I cant even stay on a server for 5 minutes without getting kicked....tried to report the bug(if it is) kicked me before I had the chance to explain....well RIP APB:R, we had a good run....I won't give up on you, just hopefully they fix you before they completely kill you.

LO I really put alot of hope in you guys before I know developing a game like this isn't easy....but to be honest I'm losing that hope at this point...because believe me when I tell you the game was way better off when it was maintaining itself than it is now.

I'm sorry but its the truth.

• Like 1

Servers have been shit since before LO.

• Like 3

Consider this:

When you perform CPR on a person, do they care about the bruises on their chest? Or do they care that they can now live their life for a bit longer?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Javanick said:

Well you guys killed my fun completely now.....I logged today for my Birthday, hoping to play and have some fun but nope only thing I get is kicks around....I cant even stay on a server for 5 minutes without getting kicked....tried to report the bug(if it is) kicked me before I had the chance to explain....well RIP APB:R, we had a good run....I won't give up on you, just hopefully they fix you before they completely kill you.

LO I really put alot of hope in you guys before I know developing a game like this isn't easy....but to be honest I'm losing that hope at this point...because believe me when I tell you the game was way better off when it was maintaining itself than it is now.

PM me, i might have a solution

3 hours ago, Javanick said:

believe me when I tell you the game was way better off when it was maintaining itself than it is now.

But the game wasn't maintaining itself. for years the population was on a decline and with unreal engine 3. CPUs were limited to 1 core thread... So as newer CPUs come out with more cores, the worse the game played.

When APB was first released, it was unoptimised and today it has been optimised to best it can be ...for computers that are between 5 and 10 years old!

APB had to change or it would of died and it is so close to dying right now.

Edited by VickyFox

SERVERS ARE THE SAME SINCE G1.

People expect LO to fix everything within a year...

They need to improve the server infrastructure. But it takes time and they don't have many resources(money and ppl) to fix it right away. 

Yes its laggy today on Jericho.

A few major lag spikes today while I was playing to where I was dead in situations I had the upper hand in.

Little Orbit has inherited that problem and has been trying to remedy it and it has somewhat been better than before Little Orbit.

When G1 was here before Little Orbit bought APB , the lag was so horrible I had driven 300 m down the road (the worst time it was this bad for me) in waterfront.

Occasionally I drive around 80 m to 100 now if theres a major lag spike but most of the time it is not that severe anymore for me.

Today however I did drive 100 m so I can understand the frustration today.

I am unaware if any DDoS attacks happened lately but today has me suspicious of it.

Hopefully the Engine Upgrade happens soon so that APB  can be optimized to help with lag issues.

I believe we all know APB is far from optimized and that this  impacts gameplay.

The best I can suggest is to not let it get you down because Little Orbit is working on it but it takes time.

They inherited a mess and they have been working diligently to clean it up.

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

I am unaware if any DDoS attacks happened lately but today has me suspicious of it.

You might have missed this post then

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

You might have missed this post then

yes i did miss it thank you.

Edited by Fortune Runner

Hi all,

There have not been any DDoS issues today.
I've contacted my network team to take a look at Jericho.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Better off maintaining itself?

Do you mean rotting like a corpse while G1 tried to pick off whatever they could and sell to make a buck?

39 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

I've noticed alot of players warping in Jericho (assuming the ones unfortunate enough to high high latency) it seems rather bad lately, I almost hope it's something wrong and not the server's 100% because if so, eesh

Jericho's server historically receives the most Doss attacks in the game . the problem is that it is a ground G1 , ground LO . strange opportunity not to fix the problem on their territory .

Edited by Yood

1 hour ago, Yood said:

Jericho's server historically receives the most Doss attacks in the game . the problem is that it is a ground G1 , ground LO . strange opportunity not to fix the problem on their territory .

huh?

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

thank you for the update.

its possible that it needs a reboot from stress then.

alot of stupid talks here 

LO doing great work so fat

1. finding out how guns work and how mods affect on them

2. rewriting whole engine which take alot of time and effort with alot of ppl involved

3. events content etc.

after showing matt a glitch with shielh hes fix that in week+/-

13 hours ago, StunStick said:

Consider this:

When you perform CPR on a person, do they care about the bruises on their chest? Or do they care that they can now live their life for a bit longer?

If you don't break a rib when doing CPR you are not pushing hard enough.

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If you don't break a rib when doing CPR you are not pushing hard enough.

I view CPR as a free pass to break a rib and pierce a lung.

... and I dunno about you, but Im not passing that up.

20 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I view CPR as a free pass to break a rib and pierce a lung.

... and I dunno about you, but Im not passing that up.

No kissing though, unless if you are trained in proper medical aid greater than a basic first aid course.

I wasn't online this week to tell if servers atm are really that shit but finding a good solution takes more than just the bit of time you have on your birthday. You can also use the website support. If i have problems ingame the first thing i check is server stability. Then i check if my internet just sucks otherwise i try to find any other fault like bugs and stuff and go to the support with that if nothing helps. Game isn't ded just because it does not work for a day. LO also didn't kill it. 

19 hours ago, Javanick said:

"LO" didin't killed it ... game was already killed by G1 and ignorant community.

3 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

"LO" didin't killed it ... game was already killed by G1 and ignorant community.

Ahh yes, if the consumer doesn't want to pay for your product, the problem is them, and not your product.

I'll never get tired of this attitude.

51 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Ahh yes, if the consumer doesn't want to pay for your product, the problem is them, and not your product.

I'll never get tired of this attitude.

I was talking about when ppl. troll and make fun of everyone instead of trying to be better as community.

APB have one of most unfriendly community i ever seen ...

• Like 1

“I’m going to play on my birthday”... 

They knew and kicked you out because you should play real life.