Sign in to follow this  
yood

twitch shooting

is twitching shooting (V) in a straight open arena a violation as gaining advantage of tools designed for another purpose ?

It doesn't give you any advantage? Just makes you look like a spastic

• Like 1

No.  I would not call that an exploit. Shooting while hammering the V button, no different than jumping and hopping while shooting

8 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

No.  I would not call that an exploit. Shooting while hammering the V button, no different than jumping and hopping while shooting

That's not true.

Jump shooting actually maxes out your bloom, V spamming doesn't effect bloom.

Would it really hurt to put in a 1 second delay to stop people from spamming this?

I sure hope not. 

If LO starts banning behavior that gives away a player's low IQ, then APB is finished. 

you can play in different ways . if you have reinstalled the function to switch the view to the mouse button . if you switch to finger mode  there is no problem . the problem starts if the switches are written by a macro with a certain switching rate.

Edited by Yood

The only advantage that V switching mid fight gives you is moving your crosshair left or right. If used correctly in close range it can minimize the time to readjust your aim should you have to. Using this the right way (not just spamming it like an idiot) is a nice high skill technique that rewards those who practice it. It shouldn't be crippled at all. The same goes for people who use the lean function correctly. We don't need to cripple whatever skillgaps are still existent.

Edit: 

Of course it's not just close range where it's useful. It works at long range too, especially snipers can benefit from the crosshair movement since at a certain distance (don't have the exact number in my head, you just kinda feel it) the V switch moves the crosshair the perfect distance to land on strafing and dodging enemies.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

Edit: 

Of course it's not just close range where it's useful. It works at long range too, especially snipers can benefit from the crosshair movement since at a certain distance (don't have the exact number in my head, you just kinda feel it) the V switch moves the crosshair the perfect distance to land on strafing and dodging enemies.

submit   NFAS-12 'The Janitor' when using these switches  the size (volume) of the destructive can be increased ?

are you artificially trying to make yourself less vulnerable ?

Edited by Yood

2 minutes ago, Yood said:

submit   NFAS-12 'The Janitor' when using these switches  the size (volume) of the destructive can be increased ?

No, V switching does nothing else than move your camera & crosshair.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

No, V switching does nothing else than move your camera & crosshair.

0326J2Y838.jpg

Just now, VanilleKeks said:

the spread of bullets will be quite different .

6 minutes ago, Yood said:

the spread of bullets will be quite different .

No, can you stop spreading false information

• Thanks 1

APB isn't really that dynamic when it comes to combat

idk why people think changing ur view would do anything but make yourself look stupid to the opposition

lol

43 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

6D2Ynlq.png

I see you illustrated how the OSMAW rocket curve when you are next to a vehicle.

Edited by illgot

swapping shoulders to move your crosshair slightly left/right doesn't make you harder to hit, just because your camera is moving hecka fast, doesn't mean you are.

Edited by Nanometic

If I cover my eyes and can't see you does that mean you can't see me too?

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

If I cover my eyes and can't see you does that mean you can't see me too?

Yes.

My uncle used to say it also meant what I thought was happening was all just a bad dream.

... didnt explain the sore anus though

Edited by CookiePuss

all spamming the shoulder switch function will do is destroy your aim at any range, if someone killed you like this they were memeing it up hard (hopefully on purpose) and you should feel bad for being bad

23 hours ago, illgot said:

That's not true.

Jump shooting actually maxes out your bloom, V spamming doesn't effect bloom.

22 hours ago, Yood said:

the problem starts if the switches are written by a macro with a certain switching rate.

21 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

The only advantage that V switching mid fight gives you is moving your crosshair left or right. If used correctly in close range it can minimize the time to readjust your aim should you have to. Using this the right way (not just spamming it like an idiot) is a nice high skill technique that rewards those who practice it. It shouldn't be crippled at all. The same goes for people who use the lean function correctly. We don't need to cripple whatever skillgaps are still existent.

I had not considered Bloom, i can see this being useful to highly skilled players, and at certain ranges and situations.

But i still dont consider it an exploit. Nor do i see it being used in combat often. Mostly be some troll walk up n try to fux your Mind

My only complaint with that, if i were to complain, would be the unrealistic nature of the deed.  This would be impossible in real life. Even if you could catch the gun, finger the trigger, and do this multiple times in one clip. Gun Juggling, and even if you are an ambidexterity shooter. You Still would miss more with one hand due to the Strong Eye. Everyone has one stronger. 

Thats if ya didnt gouge yourself n loose part of a finger on the rebounding slide as it racked back. probly flip the gun out of your hand 

Just now, MACKxBOLAN said:

i can see this being useful to highly skilled players, and at certain ranges and situations.

I'm almost 99% satisfied with your answer . the problem is that: no one player 'D' terrorized data way server, the official ban, unban,.....   Hi. I'm your aunt . 

Lets say hypothetically there would be an advantage to rapidly switching shoulders (hint: there isn't), no, it would not be bannable, neither is jump kicking doors open, jump carrying medium items, stutter walking heavy items or blocking ladders with shields. Are those dirty tactics that mess with the intended balance of the game? Absolutely. Are they cheating? Not even close.

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxX
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

bearing medium subjects

it is also a problem if the reset , raising , reset is registered as a macro command line . you artificially reduce the chances of the opponent to receive  Medal  Transporter Slayer .

Edited by Yood

5 minutes ago, Yood said:

it is also a problem if the reset , raising , reset is registered as a macro command line . you artificially reduce the chances of the opponent to receive  Medal  Transporter Slayer .

yeah, the missing medal is the worst thing about it. not that you carry it way faster than normally intended. sure.

albeit glitchy, i wouldn't call this an exploit either as much as bhopping or runboosting isn't one in CS. it uses ingame mechanics - and if they were seen as an issue, they wouldn't be hard to fix. they don't seem like an issue though.

Sign in to follow this