5 hours ago, TheSquigg said:

Identical means the same... you've still yet to tell me how minus the changes from DM to BR i've mentioned how they are different, you just keep elaborating on BR being oversaturated (which i've never denied but yet in your mind I have) and dodging my initial question.

I answered all your questions in the beginning, twice. If i was going to say BR was a bad game mode i would have said BR is a bad game mode. You first stated they were the same, and have yet to express that.

We're never going to reach the stage for solutions when the problem cant be identified.

The answers are not black and white, if you search a little more outside of whats at face value you'll see.

If you want to believe im dodging questions the entire time that's fine, but i don't see a reason to continue the conversation based on your answers, glossing over anything but your own ideas.

P.S I went back and highlighted the relevant information for you. Enjoy.

P.P.S I even underlined a question of mine that was never answered.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

I'd much rather see APB have a popular BR mode with lots of players to play against than having to wait half an hour for missions with poor matchmaking and facing the same people over and over.

I actually want a reason to come back and shoot the guns I used to like shooting.

But let's be real here, after like 2-5 days the event districts end up deserted, and the same old people go back to the same old boring mission districts with half hour waiting for opposition, hackusations, dethreating and what not.

Battle Royale will not be the saving grace for APB like it was for Fortnite, but it certainly would be a lot better for the game than everything that's currently plaguing the game right now. I find it hilarious that people are lobbying against it, as if they want to protect the very things that are detrimental for the game as it is.

Any downvotes just further prove this post.

Edited by Haganu

14 hours ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

I answered all your questions in the beginning, twice. If i was going to say BR was a bad game mode i would have said BR is a bad game mode. You first stated they were the same, and have yet to express that.

We're never going to reach the stage for solutions when the problem cant be identified.

The answers are not black and white, if you search a little more outside of whats at face value you'll see.

If you want to believe im dodging questions the entire time that's fine, but i don't see a reason to continue the conversation based on your answers, glossing over anything but your own ideas.

P.S I went back and highlighted the relevant information for you. Enjoy.

P.P.S I even underlined a question of mine that was never answered.

I'm not wasting any more time than needed on this but no you didn't answer my question. I asked what BESIDES having No concaving map, limited Respawns and loadouts makes the two gamemodes different... you just recited to me the same three things just wording them differently so you sounded smarter. Let me now break down how you didn't answer my question.

Team Death Match's focus is gaining the most points/kills/score at the end of the time or score limit, with an unlimited or limited amount of lives or chances to reach that goal.

This is part of the 3 things that make them different, so not relevant. The only 'point' you have here is how score is calculated BR you 'score' by eliminating teams/players and there for increasing your standing, DM you kill enemies to increase your standing in the same way instead of just everyone being at a certain rank at the time they are defeated DM uses the ammount of kills as a score vs how many teams/players  The scoring is the only difference which, as I have said, is one of the three differences, 'respawns' essentially BR = Kills mean less teams = higher rank/score. DM = kills mean higher score flat. Just throwing in a score mitagater doesn't make the GAMEPLAY different, scoring is how we differentiate modes not mechanics.

Battle Royale's focus is one life, that as listed above is based on just being the last surviving person at the end. Regardless of your experience during the match; whether you saw no guns, no loot, no people, you can still "win" the game by avoiding as much as possible or in rare cases everything. In some cases it is even recommended to avoid interaction with others all together.

Uh, yes you can win by avoiding a lot of things but so can you in DM... YOU could sit in one spot and see little to no action the whole game while your team does all the work. Participation of the player doesn't determine game modes either. How is letting enemies do all the work vs letting team mates do all the work different? In APB itself I have won games where one even two team mates had almost no participation in the game mode. Just like in BR hiding from everything does not promise a win just that you'll last longer, and this is true in DM if someone is hiding and not dying the enemy team scores less points than if that person came in... unless it's totally onesided where even those that participate dye repeatedly, which this also happens in BR when someone is matchmade into a game where they are the highest skilled player, in APEX Legends I have seen a squad lead by a Kill leader (kill leader got 90% of the final kills) wipe out 8 squads in the first 3 minutes of gameplay. That is a skill related issue not a gamemodde one. TLDR: Surviving and not engaging fights exists in both modes, little to no score is granted in both games for this type of behavior though. APEX awards extra points for kills so it's to your benefit to engage fights (if you can win) just as much as it is in deathmatch to earn points.

Can you tell me how they are the same? Besides the fact they involve one or more people shooting at one another?

This isn't worth my retyping my responce you ignored, for your benefit i've marked the same mechanics with (same) some may have a technical note with them.

RUNDOWN OF DEATHMATCH

Step 1: Load into the game. (Same)

Step 2: Pick A loadout. *No need to scavenge guns

Step 3: Wait for the start countdown to finish.(Same *Same as the airship counter*)

Step 4: Advance out and find enemies to kill and try and avoid being killed.

Step 5: Fight until you or the enemy have scored enough points to win or until time runs out. (Same )

RUNDOWN OF BR

Step 2: Drop from airship. (Same *Same as the start countdown*)

Step 3: Find guns. *Replaces loadouts

Step 4: Advance around the map and find enemies to kill will not allowing yourself to be killed. (Same *scoring NOT gameplay differences*)

Step 5: Fight until you die or until you/your team win the game by eliminating all enemies on the map. (Same)

BR and DM are BOTH gamemodes where the gameplay is based around gunning down your opponents. Where you and EVERYONE else get hung up on is the scoring system and loadouts, frankly these things aren't that big of deals.... anyone who plays apb for long enough SHOULD be old enough to remember a time where games didn't have loadouts where you found guns on the map in the original DM gamemodes, Halo 1-3, Early CoD games, Quake (If my memory serves), pretty much before the invention of Loadouts somtime around 2000-2005 ALL Deathmatch modes had you hunting down weapons on the map in order to gain an edge, so at this point in time there were only 2 differences between deathmatch and the game mode we would come to know as BR... and even in these early games 'the storm' still existed (and still does in many games), if you left the area of a map... you'd be killed. The storm just didn't collapse, BR just took these boundaries that have been around since the 90s and decided 'hey what happens if the edge of the map comes at you' the ONLY completely original idea out of BR is the air drop, because even the fight till the last man standing thing was a variant of deathmatch in gamesmodes like Last Man Standing in early CoD games... a deathmatch mode where you had one life. BR is just another DM variant.... 

As I said... BR and DM are extremely hollow modes that only exist for competative reasons, they serve very little purpose beyond being a mode for players to pit their skill against others. Being a variant doesn't make them unique game modes.

EDIT: also you can't 'win' a BR without guns... unless you are in squads. If YOU don't kill the last opponent at the end they will kill you and they will win not you.

Edited by TheSquigg

please fix shotguns little orbez

Matt clearly mentioned that this is not going to be a battle royale mode . You guys say its a battle royale mode like you even played it before which you clearly haven't. Don't be like news sources that misinform people like MMObomb. You guys are just confusing people at this point.

Edited by damn2112

16 hours ago, TheSquigg said:

I'm not wasting any more time than needed on this but no you didn't answer my question. I asked what BESIDES having No concaving map, limited Respawns and loadouts makes the two gamemodes different... you just recited to me the same three things just wording them differently so you sounded smarter. Let me now break down how you didn't answer my question.

I'm already spending too much time on this and i don't really have the patience right now to teach how to hold a logical argument from the ground up.

identical

/ʌɪˈdɛntɪk(ə)l/

adjective

adjective: identical

similar in every detail; exactly alike.

This is what you're arguing for, that TDM and BR are the same. For starters its not even my job to prove how they're different because its your first claim they are the same.

Even when i did point out one significant difference that make BR and TDM different (IE. Not the same) you say its irrelevant. Which is disingenuous because either way its evidence against the contrary and to say that its irrelevant is biased to your own argument. I have to reiterate things multiple times because you're obviously missing what I'm saying.

7c02fbdb01d1f3321fccb4226d1a4775.png

Here is another example of missed information. Respawning itself is not an arbitrary piece of information on your screen when you look at the scoreboard. Respawning has always been a gameplay mechanic in game modes such as TDM. Unless you think that no matter where you spawn nothing changes.

Once a game has been running you can spawn in a safe location, you can spawn away from where you know action/enemies will be, you can spawn with a separate load out to combat your enemies loadouts, you can spawn in a location that you are more familiar with to gain an advantage over other players. Even if you dont have a choice, knowing where you are on the map means you know where you died and can move in the safest way possible into a more advantagous position.

When you die you are still able to use all of that information from your previous life to change how you play upon your next life and you can use all of that information to win even if you were on the bottom.

Majority of which you can not do reliably in BR. Once you die, you lose all relevant information about the players in your immediate vicinity. Starting a new match is not the same as respawning in a ongoing firefight because all of that information you had earlier is irrelevant because you are starting from scratch which every "life". New players, new tactics, new ideas, new starting positions, new favoured items, weapons and styles.

69f305b29b56ce30a5f0f82dd1bee1ee.png

Not sure if you were reading what i said. Its not about whether a person participates or not, its about what they have to do to "win". Two very different things, do you understand that?

Then do you also understand if a player doesnt participate at all and does nothing towards the goal of the game mode, that is the same as them not being there at all? If they hide and never concede one death/point to the enemy and never contribute one kill/point to your team they cancel themselves out.

So you being a sick 2v1 player means nothing because whether or not those players were in your team you would have been able to beat those players anyway.

Hiding and suriving exists in all game modes, not just BR and TDM so it doesnt make BR and TDM the same based on that trait alone.

Arguing that because some things share a certain trait and without other traits they would be the "same" is not a valid argument.

Why?

Starting with a few simple examples.

‘Hitler, Stalin and Mao were evil atheists; therefore all atheists are evil.’

"There's no difference between a pet cat and a pet snail, because besides all of their other differences, they're both living animals that metabolize chemical energy."

See how taking away all other variables and only comparing similar traits leads to all the wrong types of conclusions and inconsistencies?

Using your own "rundown" formula.

RUNDOWN OF DEATHMATCH

Step 3: Wait for the start countdown to finish.(Same *Same as the airship counter*)

Step 5: Fight until you or the enemy have scored enough points (From killing other team members) to win or until time runs out. (Same )

RUNDOWN OF BR

Step 3: Find guns. *Replaces loadouts

Step 4: Advance around the map and find enemies to kill will not allowing yourself to be killed. (Same *scoring NOT gameplay differences*)

Step 5: Fight or run until you die or until you/your team win the game by eliminating all enemies on the map. (Same)

RUNDOWN OF Item Hold

Step 5: Fight until you or the enemy have scored enough points (From holding the item) to win or until time runs out. (Same)

RUNDOWN OF Capture the point/Domination/Conquest

Step 5: Fight until you or the enemy have scored enough points (From capturing the points or holding them) to win or until time runs out. (Same )

RUNDOWN OF Capture the flag

Step 5: Fight until you or the enemy have scored enough points (Flag counts as points) to win or until time runs out. (Same )

RUNDOWN OF Chess: The video game PVP Edition

Step 3: Pick a load out. (White or black) *No need to scavenge pieces.

Step 5: Fight until you (your king) die or until you/your team win the game by eliminating all enemies (or their king) on the map. (Same)

RUNDOWN OF Street fighter/Tekken/Soul Cailbur PVP

Step 2: Pick A loadout. (Hero/Champion/Fighter) *No need to scavenge guns

Step 5: Fight until you or the enemy have scored enough points (Winning rounds) to win or until time runs out. (Same)

RUNDOWN OF Starcraft 1v1

Step 2: Pick A loadout. (Terran/Protos/Zerg) *No need to scavenge guns

Step 3: Wait for the start countdown to finish. (Same *Same as the airship counter*)

Step 5: Fight until you die or until you/your team win the game by eliminating all enemies on the map. (Same)

RUNDOWN OF Counter Strike Competitive

Based on your forumla its not just TDM and BR that are based around "gunning" down your opponents, we should be calling all these things the same then i guess.

Old TDM modes with guns around the map we're changed by design because people wanted more readily available options, due to balancing it came at the cost of overpowered map weapons.

Thats just another reason TDM's are different to BR now they no longer have them.

There was no such thing as "the storm" in the past, that is simple map design. When games started opening edges of the map for asethetic reasons (because up until this point games that didnt have maps on the top of large buildings had closed in maps with large walls, buildings or invisible walls you couldnt see past), they still needed a "boarder" to stop people from running out into the distance. Thus "out of bounds death".

16 hours ago, TheSquigg said:

Where you and EVERYONE else get hung up on is the scoring system and loadouts,

You seem to be mixing me up with other people.

- The outcome of a game mode is not what makes game modes different.

- What you have at your disposal is not what makes game modes different.

What you have to do and what your goal is during the start, middle and end of a match, is what determines what a game mode is.

Now, if you and your powers of assumption and bad arguements want to have a good argument in the future, i'll be happy to come along and discuss anything.

697a273e5961c7b745c796c8c794b505.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSBBgJd2cG0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Xr78Z9aUw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGi4sCg-a18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMSLUWLimNc

My personal Favs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kDJeZkKXnA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGc5HrH538c

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

On 3/20/2019 at 7:01 PM, Haganu said:

But let's be real here, after like 2-5 days the event districts end up deserted

Theoretically speaking after the Engine Upgrade is done Little Orbit should be able to have many different mission types and areas similar to how other games now a days do it.

Thus if this EU happens soon then Little Orbit can then fix matchmaking and threat etc and after that focus on a new content updates.

An example is warframe has updates every few months to add new content.

With our EU happening this would be theoretically possible and new players as well as old school

players would come to play from one main human factor that always gets us in the end : curiosity

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

With our EU happening this would be theoretically possible and new players as well as old school

players would come to play from one main human factor that always gets us in the end : curiosity

Depends on the content though.

So long as LO doesn't do some bizarre thing like Reloaded was messing with I don't mind. But Reloaded was talking about legitimate battle royale mode thinking it would save the game, while little orbit is doing basically the same thing with this riot mode and closing off sections of the district.

The christmas event basically tells everyone what is in store for us in the future when it comes to game modes. I would prefer they just added different missions and bring back the ambient missions with the drug mules and the OPGL thing over trying to squeeze odd game modes in a game that needs balancing and more content over different game modes.

A battle royale is one vs the world with one life on chance

Riot mode was said by Little orbit to be made similar to events since they were based off of riot.

its not right to say riot is battle royale based off of what we know so far and what we have not played yet.

those were not battle royals we played for new content.

Oh yeah, laggle royal sounds awesome.

Seriously LO, the lack of proper maintenance the game had over years caused APB to have BIG issues and it really doesn't needs any focus or work on new game modes. Population is anyways way too small to spread them out even more.

Fix the server performance, which hopefully will be mostly related to the new engine. 

Take care of cheaters much better.

and then your 2 most problems are solved.

Then a better new player experience would be great as well, because dethreating to stomp newbies is pretty bad for the game as well.

And THEN you can care about new features.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

A battle royale is one vs the world with one life on chance

Riot mode was said by Little orbit to be made similar to events since they were based off of riot.

its not right to say riot is battle royale based off of what we know so far and what we have not played yet.

those were not battle royals we played for new content.

Well actually it is a type of Battle Royale, it just changes up the rules a little bit. I think it would be entertaining as a mode despite my bias against BR personally though I probably wouldn't play it much and stick to my hole in Asylum, but eh, not my game not my decision.

(Next part isn't aimed at the comment i'm replying too)

BUT something I have failed to touch on that is far more important than any mode, that I should mention is we need the server and stability issues fixed before hand. I've seen comments mentioning that it should wait till after the engine update and then better servers and I whole heartedly agree. I've always agreed with the sentiment that this game needs repairs > content, and that is still the case. I love this game and I really do want more things to do in it, new contacts, new game modes, new missions, new guns, cars, clothes, heck i'd even take to a flying purple unicorn on steroids shouting about how I can save 15 minutes on car insurance with Obeya Corp.... but none of this will matter if new players are driven away by server performance and matchmaking problems and the near tiny hacker issues (i've still seen people outrunning cars on foot on occasion and as funny as that is to see a car fleeing a man terminator running after it.... yea it's bs).  Once the game is in a stable state I DO NOT CARE what gets added anything new will be a blessing... but... AFTER the issues with the game are fixed.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:10 AM, TheSquigg said:

I agree with this totally but the thing is the method of matchmaking that worked, was gotten rid of by whiny golds and silvers who couldn't play the game the right way. Back in like.... 2011 to 2013 it was set up Golds COULD NOT go into silver district and Silvers COULD NOT go into bronze, you go go up, but not down. NOW I understand why people that wanted to play with lower threat friends had issues with this, I know I did, but at the end of the day, the system kept matchmaking fair the Rank means nothing when the default star is actually a super amazing weapon, it's the threat (or rather skill since threat is broken and doesn't work as intended in all honesty) While I do somewhat support the idea of eliminating threat all together, that once again will just break matchmaking even more allowing groups like WASP (not exclusively but they are the only clan like this that I know is still active) who are (like it or not) some of the better players in the game to pair up against low level bronzes and I know this for a fact being a bronze during 2011 and playing on gold servers with some clan mates vs WASP as a bronze is NOT fun.... (now I consider it a treat however).

Matchmaking is certainly an issue... I can not... will not... deny this. It's a problem with no easy answer and whatever solution is used I can only hope LO has more backbone that G1 did and enforces whatever the decide to do and not give in to a loud minority. Right now population is so low fixing matchmaking is impossible because as you sort of touched on... you have 2 skill levels essentially, the casual (low silvers/bronze) and the hardcore players (gold/high silver). This of course is ignoring the obvious problem with dethreating and rerolls which have always and will always be a problem with games like APB. 

Basically as I said there is no easy answer because apb as a community, in all my years of gaming, is the most toxic and hate filled one i've found and if ONE THING should upset even a small group of the playerbase we'll see about fifty posts about it within the hour, ones revolving around this game mode is a perfect example at how polarized this community is... and THAT is what caused the down fall of this game.

Good Post,

I keep an ear out for mentions 😄 but i agree with you, not only is it not fair on the lower skilled team it also isnt any fun for the higher skilled team.

in WASP we dont find it fun to stomp bronze players (or shouldnt, i'll have words with anyone found doing that) i suspect MOST players have the same mindset, playing in Silver just to get missions is bad enough as you still get "easy" missions (sorry if thats offensive to anyone) no one wants to play in Easy mode.

a proper matchmaking system will only be fully effective with a larger player base, a larger player base would even make the current system work better, it used to be fine when we had 3-4 full high threat districts and 50 odd districts all together multi language support etc.

Population first > matchmaking.

APB Community is its worst enemy.

On 3/22/2019 at 5:28 AM, LilyV3 said:

Oh yeah, laggle royal sounds awesome.

Seriously LO, the lack of proper maintenance the game had over years caused APB to have BIG issues and it really doesn't needs any focus or work on new game modes. Population is anyways way too small to spread them out even more.

Fix the server performance, which hopefully will be mostly related to the new engine. 

Take care of cheaters much better.

and then your 2 most problems are solved.

Then a better new player experience would be great as well, because dethreating to stomp newbies is pretty bad for the game as well.

And THEN you can care about new features.

Easier said than done. Why don't you volunteer for them since you know what to do?

Didn't we all think they were going to do some kind of Battle Royal when they bought it?

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, damn2112 said:

Easier said than done. Why don't you volunteer for them since you know what to do?

Because work location is shitty and payment is as well.

But it doesn't require much logic to understand that adding features to a laggy near empty game that people avoid for this reasons won't help the game.

Yes, new maps. I don't want BR or 3 factions. Give us more of what APB is or was not turn it in to something else. 

Like take away the  out of bound area restrictions BUT make it so you can't take items up there. And the invisible walls at the skate park need to go. I see all these great old car stunt videos and G1 took them all away. 

Its over Annakin, LO has the high ground!

Its a BR. Already confirmed by Matt xd

15 hours ago, Havana said:

Give us more of what APB is or was 

A failed game?

5 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Its over Annakin, LO has the high ground!

Its a BR. Already confirmed by Matt xd

Jesus, it’s going to be a failure. Have you seen the new loading screen for riot? It already looks absurdly like an advertisement for trash f2p games on some suspicious sites

5 hours ago, Lign said:

Jesus, it’s going to be a failure. Have you seen the new loading screen for riot? It already looks absurdly like an advertisement for trash f2p games on some suspicious sites

Nah show me

2 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Nah show me

open ur pm

Dude... What the fuck is that framerate??? And those potato patootie graphics??? Was this some random BR that made this shit or a dev LOL Honestly... This is so horrible lmao. Get someone to voice it over atleast holy shit, and use some characters that arent so noob looking, give the game some flare not some garbo looking Infestation Z looking gameplay / gear lmao.

Merged.

Just found out the shitty noob looking people are thew new contact...... 

Im laughing so fucking hard right now dudes xDDDDD

A Battle Royale game won't stop people from having to deal with poor gameplay, server lag, and hit registry problems.

It's just capitalizing on the Fortnite/P.U.'s Battlegrounds craze, and in reality isn't anything creative or original. It'll be just another "thing to do", until everyone gets bored of it or they realize that they still have to put up with the same flawed gameplay and multiple server issues. If I wanted to play Battle Royale, I would just go to the previous games instead, because they aren't as buggy and have more players.

Worrying about a repetitive game mode that literally everyone has played instead of fixing an already broken game is a terrible idea,  and is a sign of the developers caring more about short-term success than long-term.

On 4/24/2019 at 11:45 AM, a Pair of Socks said:

Dude... What the fuck is that framerate??? And those potato patootie graphics??? Was this some random BR that made this shit or a dev LOL Honestly... This is so horrible lmao. Get someone to voice it over atleast holy shit, and use some characters that arent so noob looking, give the game some flare not some garbo looking Infestation Z looking gameplay / gear lmao.

Merged.

Just found out the shitty noob looking people are thew new contact...... 

Im laughing so fucking hard right now dudes xDDDDD

i wanna seeeee

40 minutes ago, Alani said:

i wanna seeeee

Its just the two unused contacts... they are going to be shoehorned somewhere into the middle of the bunch.

Sign in to follow this