first of all. LO is doing a great job imho since is working hard for the new engine.

then scott some hours ago told us that, even if riot has a collapsing map, is NOT a battle royale

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PunkStrider said:

first of all. LO is doing a great job imho since is working hard for the new engine.

then scott some hours ago told us that, even if riot has a collapsing map, is NOT a battle royale

Okay, so what happens when new or old players who left APB joins and sees - mini freezes, bad performance, bad optimization, bad hitreg, etc... and on top of that, they see reroll cheaters who rekt all in this RIOT aka battle royal mod.

My ques is that those new ppl. wont last even few hrs and wil leave APB 4ever.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Okay, so what happens when new or old players who left APB joins and sees - mini freezes, bad performance, bad optimization, bad hitreg, etc... and on top of that, they see reroll cheaters who rekt all in this RIOT aka battle royal mod.

My ques is that those new ppl. wont last even few hrs and wil leave APB 4ever.

I've heard these arguments before and I agree with them in principle. But I have to believe that Matt Scott and his team made the decision to release RIOT before the Engine Upgrade in a strategic move,  it would boost player numbers and keep the game alive long enough till the Unreal Engine 3.5 is finished and can be released.

We really are in minimal player population numbers right now and RIOT may just be what we need to keep APB afloat just a bit longer

Despite bad first impressions, Once Unreal Engine 3.5 is released is when APB:Reloaded can really show what it is worth, get new content and have PR promotional events.

But until then, we are scraping the under carriage on the runway before take off!

“RIOT” mode today. It is described as “a new team-based collapsing map mode.” Sounds pretty BR-like to me.

Yeah... Battle Royale is not defined by team based gameplay nor is it defined by a collapsing map, these are only modern BR feature.

If 2018 Slaybells was anything to go by then I think Matt Scott said "collapsing map" in a moment of having a lack of a better word, Again I don't think it's going to be a consistently a circle that shrinks inwards.

But that all remains to be seen.

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

I've heard these arguments before and I agree with them in principle. But I have to believe that Matt Scott and his team made the decision to release RIOT before the Engine Upgrade in a strategic move,  it would boost player numbers and keep the game alive long enough till the Unreal Engine 3.5 is finished and can be released.

We really are in minimal player population numbers right now and RIOT may just be what we need to keep APB afloat just a bit longer

Despite bad first impressions, Once Unreal Engine 3.5 is released is when APB:Reloaded can really show what it is worth, get new content and have PR promotional events.

But until then, we are scraping the under carriage on the runway before take off!

I hope its well placed strategy move... i realy do. Tho mmobomb presents it as "Battle royal light" and instantly APB have to compete with Fortnite or this new game apex legends ...

Edited by MartisLTU
Eng. fix

2 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

I hope its well placed strategy move... i realy do. Tho mmobomb presents it as "Battle royal light" and instantly APB have to compete with Fortnite or this new apex legends ...

You can't blame a gaming journalist... or heck ANYONE for being fed up of the Battle Royale craze.

So yeah, it's a normal reaction to be sceptical especially with APB's previous history of PR events which have had incorrect details.

Personally I am sceptical but thinking about this in a logical sense, I am quietly optimistic but also cautious and won't take things for face value until I see with my own eye the fruit of LO's labour.

plz no generic titles

plz no threads with questions that have been already asked/answered yesterday where you decide to be stubborn and ignoring every answer

we've had previews of riot already - the eventmode with the 3 territories/factions that capture barrels. and that was a far cry from normal battle royale. and while you might hate the craze (as much as i do) it still drives in huge amount of players.

and obviously they are working on the engine upgrade and fixing the game. they said they'd release that on a not too far away date and already have tests with actual players - far more than g1 ever achieved. those already confirmed progress but also evident flaws that need to be attended.

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

"It's not gonna be BR"

Yeah, right. That looks like BR map to me.

But we will see.

3 minutes ago, Mitne said:

"It's not gonna be BR"

Yeah, right. That looks like BR map to me.

But we will see.

What FC map doesn't though? lol

Lets just face the fact that it's a "Battle Royale"

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" - William Shakespeare

or in this case:

"A pile of poop by any other name would smell just as shit" - Reality

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartisLTU said:

I hope its well placed strategy move... i realy do. Tho mmobomb presents it as "Battle royal light" and instantly APB have to compete with Fortnite or this new game apex legends ...

this game runs so horribly that PUBG looks like silk compared to APB.

What if Fortnite and Apex Legends ran horribly and 1 in 20 people were flat out aimbotting?  Neither game would have been nearly as popular.

Edited by illgot

apb is going down side it should be copying gta not fortnite,i dont like br at all

28 minutes ago, RCooper said:

apb is going down side it should be copying gta not fortnite,i dont like br at all

maybe the engine upgrade will make APB run at 120 FPS with no server latency and stop all DDOS attacks making APB a god in the battle royal genre...

Edited by illgot

11 hours ago, VickyFox said:

This is what I've been thinking as well.

8 hours ago, RCooper said:

I'm not a fan of Battle Royale, but have you seen GTA Online? It's just going over the top and feels more like Saints Row now.

Just a power trip game.

Honestly... while i'm not a fan of BR games, this could be the breath of life APB needs. If we can get this mode and draw in a bigger crowd of players it could bring in a well needed player base to the game. Frankly the game already had the root elements of a BR game, large but not massive map, two teams who (depending on mode) can shoot each other anywhere, a massive collection of guns and vehicles, many tactical positions. Frankly it's a natural progression because we've already had a BR type mode for years in the form of Anarchy servers or the Fightclub TDM modes.

Personally over a BR mode i'd prefer a type of hardpoint where the different areas like Havaland are regions that a faction needs to capture and push into the opposing factions territories like in the game planetside 2. It would be harder to do because we don't have some of the assets needed for this type of mode, and dedicated servers like the current Fight Club ones (a 50v50 mode like this could be fun IMO), Anyway my little off topic tangent is over now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheSquigg said:

Honestly... while i'm not a fan of BR games, this could be the breath of life APB needs. If we can get this mode and draw in a bigger crowd of players it could bring in a well needed player base to the game. Frankly the game already had the root elements of a BR game, large but not massive map, two teams who (depending on mode) can shoot each other anywhere, a massive collection of guns and vehicles, many tactical positions. Frankly it's a natural progression because we've already had a BR type mode for years in the form of Anarchy servers or the Fightclub TDM modes.

1: Everyone is already sick of the BR, no effort game mode.

2: No game mode in APB has ever up until this point been even close to a BR style; run around an entire map, facing 99 other people against the odds with the last one standing wins.

3: Anarchy had no structure, it was quite litterally a 24/7 whole district TDM.

Are we calling TDM modes BR modes now? Seriously?

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

1: Everyone is already sick of the BR, no effort game mode.

2: No game mode in APB has ever up until this point been even close to a BR style; run around an entire map, facing 99 other people against the odds with the last one standing wins.

3: Anarchy had no structure, it was quite litterally a 24/7 whole district TDM.

Are we calling TDM modes BR modes now? Seriously?

umm... what?

5 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

What did i say that confuses you QkiPoos

BR bad? BR good?

IS the new mode even a BR?

Just now, CookiePuss said:

BR bad? BR good?

IS the new mode even a BR?

I was mostly responding to the other guy.

BR bad.

APB has never been close to BR.

I dunno if the new mode is BR but some people seem to think it is. If it is thats bad.

2 minutes ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

I was mostly responding to the other guy.

BR bad.

APB has never been close to BR.

I dunno if the new mode is BR but some people seem to think it is. If it is thats bad.

Ahh ok then.

I agree.

I really hope it’s not the BR event. First of all, if new players will come to try it out, they will see how bad it is and never touch this game again. Most of apb events are so cheap and bad made comparing to other modern games. All of them look like bad coded plugins for csgo community servers. And it’s not a fault of developers. We all know that the game are on crutches now  and how limited the current engine is. That’s the reason why we don’t need another cheap made event. Just focus on new engine

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, VickyFox said:

I'm not a fan of Battle Royale, but have you seen GTA Online? It's just going over the top and feels more like Saints Row now.

Just a power trip game.

yeah i forget about that gta is going too crazy,apb have to stay apb that  is we played

Sign in to follow this