Lixil

APB Riot reveal

Doubt the 2 new contacts have enough content to fill 20+ lvl's Unless they rescued alot more content (gauntlet oca nano gold etc...)

They have to at least unlock 2 equipment slots (the russians knew for years)

27 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Doubt the 2 new contacts have enough content to fill 20+ lvl's Unless they rescued alot more content (gauntlet oca nano gold etc...)

They have to at least unlock 2 equipment slots (the russians knew for years)

its always the russians. they know everything!

I mean if the engine upgrade, I don't think it would be too hard to add more content. For example someone could fix that trenchcoat and release after however many years its been in the files, and so forth.

11 hours ago, Kewlin said:

We have a hardass mayor who legalized enforcers killing whoever the fuck they want isn't going to manage to stop Redhill if they overstep their bounds?

FWIW that's basically how this gamemode could be explained? One corporation deciding they can do the job better than all the current players involved. Since some Criminals and Enforcers are only in it for the money anyway they might get paid by RIOT now instead of the other four.

im looking forward to BR.

50 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

FWIW that's basically how this gamemode could be explained? One corporation deciding they can do the job better than all the current players involved. Since some Criminals and Enforcers are only in it for the money anyway they might get paid by RIOT now instead of the other four.

Could also be just a 3rd (or 5th) overseas party seeing an opportunity for profit and trying to establish themselves.

Expanding the lore doesn't mean butchering it. Just needs to follow the general context and be smart about integration.

So unimaginative some people...

Temporary boost in players numbers ... wont last long when new ppl. leave after seeing all the problems this game have.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Temporary boost in players numbers ... wont last long when new ppl. leave after seeing all the problems this game have.

No doubt it's just gonna get dominated by all the sweaty tryhard fightclubbers. so yeah expect it to be short lived i guess.

Well. If it gonna be straight-up BR (map looks like it gonna be FC-sized BR in park) i'm freaking leaving.

This trend is idiotic and wouldn't work with APB.

If it is what Matt says, I give it a go and rate then.

But if I see "90 PLAYERS REMAINING" and "90TH" or something like that. I'm gonna be angry.

Plus taking how much cheaters and try-hards dominate FC, pretty sure even RIOT gonna be dominated by them - all we need is exact hour of day...

You all want to bring fun but do consider APB got problems which if they aren't fixed - it will kill even that mode.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, MattScott said:

Even though it does have a collapsing map

Do you wish to elaborate on what you mean by "collapsing map" because it is not reassuring to hear such a term used when it is a feature frequently used in modern Battle Royales.

-Is RIOT going to have a inward constricting circular area of play, or is the the map restrictions going to be handled differently?

-Also is the map restrictions going to be triggered by an action or automatic on a time delay?

Edited by VickyFox

what’s with all the br confusion?

orbit has said repeatedly that they used riot as a basis for the new events we got for halloween and xmas, expect more gameplay similar to that

Don't get me wrong LO, i think you guys were a great addition to improve this project and all but i rather have you focussed on bringing the unreal update as quick as possible for the PC version rather than wasting valuable time pushing new content for the current clunky and over saturated engine. What will this achieve ultimately? Will it expand our playerbase? Doubt it, if so... probably for a temporary period of time anyways. Just my opinion anyways, i could be wrong and stupid but yeah...

25 minutes ago, MySodium said:

Don't get me wrong LO, i think you guys were a great addition to improve this project and all but i rather have you focussed on bringing the unreal update as quick as possible for the PC version rather than wasting valuable time pushing new content for the current clunky and over saturated engine. What will this achieve ultimately? Will it expand our playerbase? Doubt it, if so... probably for a temporary period of time anyways. Just my opinion anyways, i could be wrong and stupid but yeah...

I agree with you. They barely even gave any information with this new mode anyway. It's just a "hey we're doing this now get hyped bois" kind of post. and the only thing which will bring players back is a long awaited engine update since 2014. have no idea why they're doing this unless it's alongside the engine update but i don't think so anyway.

(plot twist; apb riot is a battle royale mode and gets released but then april 1st comes by and its all a joke and the actual update is engine update)

17 hours ago, MattScott said:

Lots of good points here that have also been debated by other members of the community.

Even though it does have a collapsing map, RIOT is not really Battle Royale. We have worked hard to create something that feels like APB but brings new gameplay, map changes, lore, and seasonal rewards. 

This is our first big push for new content that will be quickly followed by the engine upgrade. From there we have 2 other significant additions coming.

anyway matt did say that it's not REALLY a battle royale game but that doesn't deny that it isn't. so i mean, yea it's something to do with battle royales probably. i guess ill wait and try it out. (even if it is a battle royale)

6 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

That might be a fair assessment I guess.

Still don't like it though.

5 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Could also be just a 3rd (or 5th) overseas party seeing an opportunity for profit and trying to establish themselves.

Expanding the lore doesn't mean butchering it. Just needs to follow the general context and be smart about integration.

So unimaginative some people...

Redhill is an area of San Paro that's been there since before LO took over, so the Redhill Institute of Technology is local.

Maybe we're unimaginative, but at least we have some vague sense of the lore that already exists, lol.

Are we going to get some proper riot gear or a visored helmet?

• Like 3

Could you give us some more details on this? the post doesn't say much, namely:

- Is this going to be a permanent game mode or is it an occasional event? 

- What's RedHill Institute role? is it going to be an enforcer organisation, for contacts and such? 

- Are we to expect new contacts with this?

- Any info on when we can expect it? 

Makes me wonder if the RedHill faction is going to be an NPC faction. I mean, PvE in APB would be pretty interesting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, N66 said:

- Is this going to be a permanent game mode or is it an occasional event? 

All this work, I'm sure the hope must be for a permanent game mode. 

The war between Enforcers and Criminals has now been raging for years , and unrest among the citizens has reached the breaking point.

But civillians keep taking walks around like nothing. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by TheKeanuReeves

2 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

But civillians keep taking walks around like nothing. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

APB and immersion do not mix. 

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

APB and immersion do not mix. 

Yeah... Kinda sad, just imagining the city destroyed, with barricades everywhere, cars destroyed, etc. Damn.

MMO Bomb

APB Reloaded Gets.... Yeah, A Battle Royale Mode

Okay, So Little Orbit isn’t calling it a battle royale, but APB Reloaded is getting something at least inspired by that genre.

The developer announced what they are calling “RIOT” mode today. It is described as “a new team-based collapsing map mode.” Sounds pretty BR-like to me.

The new mode, which will launch first on PC, divides players into teams of four. It takes place in San Paro, with blocks being shut down as they play. At the end, only one team will be left standing.

https://www.mmobomb.com/news/apb-reloaded-gets-yeah-battle-royale-mode/

21 hours ago, MattScott said:

Lots of good points here that have also been debated by other members of the community.

Even though it does have a collapsing map, RIOT is not really Battle Royale. We have worked hard to create something that feels like APB but brings new gameplay, map changes, lore, and seasonal rewards. 

This is our first big push for new content that will be quickly followed by the engine upgrade. From there we have 2 other significant additions coming.

In all honesty this mode should have been released with the engine upgrade. As APB sits currently with its massively flawed everything its not going to go over well. The new engine should come out followed by severely needed fixes to matchmaking, threat, servers and hitreg before any new gameplay.

36 minutes ago, Westford said:

First off, why are people reporting on APB, second, where do they get this shit from? Are these the same people who called Overwatch a MOBA just because it has characters?

WHAT IS WITH ALL OF THE FAKE NEWS?!?!

14 hours ago, Yood said:

Kewlin immediately send on ... ?  I see that the team is learning to work .

What?

Edited by Kewlin

3 hours ago, Kewlin said:

[...]

Redhill is an area of San Paro that's been there since before LO took over, so the Redhill Institute of Technology is local.

Maybe we're unimaginative, but at least we have some vague sense of the lore that already exists, lol.

Then cut the "overseas" part - doesn't change the general point of my post though.

But sure keep the Metathesiophobia up.

3 hours ago, Fenton said:

Are we going to get some proper riot gear or a visored helmet?

The models for enforcer riot gear existed in the RTW version I think. But were lost