Lixil

APB Riot reveal

I was really concerned around the time of the acqusition when you guys were talking about BR modes and how this game was a precursor to it all because 100 players. Any development is welcome but I just hope this isn't your master plan for the game and you'll continue to play to its core strengths. BR wasn't an automatic savior even a year ago, even under the direction of CliffyB as evidenced by Radical Heights.

Edited by PeterF
  • Like 4

looks like there will be significant map additions/changes? 

if so, fantastic

• Like 1

I hope that this time the opponents will be displayed normally.

6 minutes ago, PeterF said:

I was really concerned around the time of the acqusition when you guys were talking about BR modes and how this game was a precursor to it all because 100 players. Any development is welcome but I just hope this isn't your master plan for the game and you'll continue to play to its core strengths. BR wasn't an automatic savior even a year ago, even under the direction of CliffyB as evidenced by Radical Heights.

Lots of good points here that have also been debated by other members of the community.

Even though it does have a collapsing map, RIOT is not really Battle Royale. We have worked hard to create something that feels like APB but brings new gameplay, map changes, lore, and seasonal rewards. 

This is our first big push for new content that will be quickly followed by the engine upgrade. From there we have 2 other significant additions coming.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Amberwind said:

nice but what is the new premium benefit?

With premium, In the new mode, you will not have spawn-enemys behind your back every 10 seconds 🙂

In this tug-of-war over control of the city, only one can come out on top. Will it be you?

Oh god, this screams Battle Royale. Please don't be a battle royale.

But Matt said Riot isn't really a BR, so there's that.

With new contacts, an altered map and all that, it sure sounds like fun. Wonder what it'll be.

For a second there, I thought we will get a 3rd new faction that would stomp on both crims and the crooked vigilantes

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Shozonu said:

Is this battle royale mode?

Plz no ...

tenor.gif?itemid=5026106

• Like 3

looking at the containers, boxes below the bridge and blue fencing in the back, I really hope the lighting isn't as broken regarding these props when it comes out.

(or is it just because dynamic shadows aren't rendered on that range?)

also, is it just me, or does anyone else feel like containers are overused in gaming / leveldesign? I mean if it's just this place, fine... but please don't cluster the whole map with containers and call it a day Q_Q

why can't we be diplomatic and all convert into becoming pacifists.

war is too expensive.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

war is too expensive.

Someone’s gotta always flex, like ricegum

8 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

war is too expensive.

What are you talking about? War is the most profitable thing on earth. Ask Tony Stark

• Like 2

An ever shrinking map? but not BR? Are you sure you're using the right words here?

How do you define BR then, Matt?

29 minutes ago, Aeronaut said:

war is too expensive.

Hmm.. but war actually boost economy, due to manufacturing.

Edited by MartisLTU
Eng.

Yeah. . . so. . . I was really hoping this wouldn't feel like just shitting all over APB's lore and feel. . .

. . . but this definitely sounds like shitting all over APB's lore and feel.

Are we supposed to believe that Redhill is so rich and powerful that all of the crazy richos, Justin Teng, Arlon Benjamin, Luke Waskawi, Birth, etc., are supposed to be threatened by Redhill? We have a hardass mayor who legalized enforcers killing whoever the fuck they want isn't going to manage to stop Redhill if they overstep their bounds?

Nobody asked for the addition of another shitty take on an evil corporation, and it really doesn't fit into APB. I know you think it's too late, but I beg you, please stop this and fix it before it's too late, lol.

Also, this "reveal" is basically revealing less information than we already had, lol.

I thought a "reveal" was some informations and a preview video of this mode? Maybe i was expecting to much but a "reveal" isn't that honestly.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, AlishaAzure said:

I thought a "reveal" was some informations and a preview video of this mode? Maybe i was expecting to much but a "reveal" isn't that honestly.

Yeah, I'm not sure a logo, one screen of the map, and a wallpaper is a reveal, considering we already knew this mode was coming.