sakafiskafnjak

LO's recipe for a sucessfull game

So far I have seen Little Orbit succeed  better at business decisions than anyone else who criticizes them , so I'll just leave business decisions to them.

As for APB game mechanics of course we need to point things out to them so that the game can improve.

But the business as a whole ? No they got this and their track record shows this well enough.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 10:48 PM, Kevkof said:

eSLwPQP.png

This is what I believe is the source for that

And that's normal for someone who is supposed to know how their anti cheat works.

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).

2. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in white sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and water. Bring the syrup to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar, then remove from heat.

3. Unroll pie crusts, press one into a 9-inch pie dish, and place the apples into the crust. Unroll the second crust on a work surface, and cut into about 8 1-inch wide strips. Criss-cross the strips over the apples, or weave into a lattice crust. Crimp the bottom crust over the lattice strips with your fingers. Spoon caramel sauce over pie, covering lattice portion of top crust; let remaining sauce drizzle through the crust.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake until the crust is golden brown, the caramel on the top crust is set, and the apple filling is bubbling, 35 to 40 more minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing.

If LO just followed these simple instructions, we'd have so much pie right now. damnit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

And that's normal for someone who is supposed to know how their anti cheat works.

Is this sarcastic? I honestly can't tell.

23 minutes ago, Ohshii said:

2. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Stir in white sugar, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, and water. Bring the syrup to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar, then remove from heat.

3. Unroll pie crusts, press one into a 9-inch pie dish, and place the apples into the crust. Unroll the second crust on a work surface, and cut into about 8 1-inch wide strips. Criss-cross the strips over the apples, or weave into a lattice crust. Crimp the bottom crust over the lattice strips with your fingers. Spoon caramel sauce over pie, covering lattice portion of top crust; let remaining sauce drizzle through the crust.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake until the crust is golden brown, the caramel on the top crust is set, and the apple filling is bubbling, 35 to 40 more minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing.

If LO just followed these simple instructions, we'd have so much pie right now. damnit.

QZlJcxC.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohshii said:

dont forget they have pie ring things so that the edge of the pies will not burn anymore

3 hours ago, Knite said:

Is this sarcastic? I honestly can't tell.

I've been waiting to tell this analogy for a long time.

Say there is a secret word that when you say it you will get banned.

Now to make the analogy more like an anti cheat.

-Only certain people will say this word. IE only cheaters will get banned by being "detected" by the anti cheat.

-They make this word extremely unlikely to be said however this word is not out of the realm of possibility so its possible that anyone can say it. IE Anti cheats are not 100% so sometimes innocent people are caught in the crossfire.

- Now, who set the rule for the what the word should be? IE who set the rule for what counts as cheating? = Devs

So if a dev knows what word/rule it takes to be broken how do you think they would go about proving its harmful to innocent players? = Play like normal except play around the rule idea loosely.

-Once you get too close to the word/rule and you set off the flag you have an idea for how often this may happen to unsuspecting players.

So if i say; 3.14159265358979 was the "secret word" that got you banned. (Pi to the first 15 digits) A few people would know this but a lot of people would have to look it up if asked.

Can you see how little it takes for a rule to be on one side or the other if you know what you're looking for?

Yes i get there is no reason to have "Pi at 15 digits" to be a reason to ban someone, but this is about what kind of knowledge people have and actions others can take.

Learning or looking up "the answer".

I would love to be wrong but the chances of knowing exactly what went wrong is a pipe dream.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

LO needs to learn how to grow players, make the game comfortable for players in their zones and have the tools to create the optimal balance of factions . 

p.s. do event after event , black Friday every week , two days . G1 lasted on this tactic 7 years .

Edited by Yood

LO needs to learn what makes people leave the game in the first place.

Edited by Guest

18 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

the first thing that made me leave was gold playing in the bronze district . second, that I was forced to leave the game . it's a musical 'your mother' accompaniment to my death .

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2019 at 7:56 AM, sakafiskafnjak said:

1. Buy a game which has outdated graphics, a bad functioning anti-cheat-system and a mostly toxic community.

2. Replace the working anti-cheat system with your own, and remove it completely afterwards.

3. Unban everyone who has been caught cheating 

4. Realise that this isnt exactly what the community has hoped for. Release the russian horde into the european servers.

Realtalk: im pretty sure that there is a human being making these decisions and other human beings approving them. How tf did you came to the conclusion, that these steps are a really good idea and for sure not a bad one?

You can now add
5. Spend time developing how to improve macros for the script-cheat kiddies.

23 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Since they arrived, they were advised by the cheater community and their fanbois... and absolutely everything they've done is cater to that demographic.  It will be far too late when they realize the community which kept APB alive was exactly the people who the cheaters drove out of the game.  I mean cheaters don't even like to play versus cheaters.  They all hover like vultures against those they can WTFPWN.  And it's kinda obvious the WTFPWN community long ago left the APB station... and ain't coming back.

25 minutes ago, Hey! said:

You can now add
5. Spend time developing how to improve macros for the script-cheat kiddies.

Since they arrived, they were advised by the cheater community and their fanbois... and absolutely everything they've done is cater to that demographic.  It will be far too late when they realize the community which kept APB alive was exactly the people who the cheaters drove out of the game.  I mean cheaters don't even like to play versus cheaters.  They all hover like vultures against those they can WTFPWN.  And it's kinda obvious the WTFPWN community long ago left the APB station... and ain't coming back.

Excuse me... What?  When have they ever done anything pro-cheater?  All I've seen them do was make cheating a much less common occurance due to an anticheat that actually works.  I never see speed hackers anymore.  It's easy to dismiss anyone you don't agree with as part of the "cheater community".

Currently there are many hackusations thrown around most of which are 100% unfounded and made by players who never learned to actually play the game and use shitty weapons from their niche then wonder why players who actually know their shit get the better of them.

Look m8, if all you ever play is OPGL you're hardly qualified to judge the aim of an SR15 or N-Tec user.

At current (and i am fully aware that there are some commercial creators who claim they have working cheats) we have the lowest cheater population since 2013, and the big sellers all either cancelled their "support" for APB or admit that they have no solution to cross BE at the moment.

The most you run into is macro/- or triggerbot-users, and they don't last long enough to laugh at you.

Also the servers are in a really bad state most of the time, so hitreg is a catastrophe to some especially on Citadel where you have like a 400ms difference in Ping between most players.

On 3/15/2019 at 5:28 PM, sakafiskafnjak said:

Fairfight was bad, but at least it was working. LO got battleeye, realised probably that they had to pay for it, and gone it is. Now there is not even punkbuster running lol

In other words: "I don't care whose head will roll, i demand compensation for this insult!"

Dude, BattlEye is still running you can even see it in your task manager when you run APB, so stop talking nonsense.

Edited by Sniperturtle

On 3/15/2019 at 12:28 PM, sakafiskafnjak said:

Fairfight was bad, but at least it was working.

Until G1 stopped paying for it.