CanadianInfidel

Server LAAAAAGGGGGG

Quality of APB servers  

55 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. How would you rate APB servers?

• 10/10 would play again - Premium Servers
    • 5/10 this is fine - Average Servers
    • 0-4/10 - Worst i have ever seen - This should be TOP priority to FIX!!!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/19 at 06:18 AM

Can we start a Go-Fundme for better servers? These servers might be the worst in any online shooter i have ever played. 😞

Edited by CanadianInfidel
  • Like 1

It's not just the hardware but the software as well which causes the lag.

As annoying as the lag is , Little Orbit is getting the Engine Upgrade completed so that the rest of APB's problems can be addressed as well.

It will take time but the  Engine Upgrade is  getting there.

The SPCT team is testing already and then APB can be optimized properly which will help with the lag issues.

The roadmap mentioned some of the things like better servers and phasing for players which explains this in much better detail.

• Thanks 1

Another, "I don't know what I'm talking about but that won't stop me" thread, add it to the pile. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would never want to split our already tiny population more with "Premium servers"

On 3/15/2019 at 5:30 AM, illgot said:

I would never want to split our already tiny population more with "Premium servers"

It's not to make a Premium Server - it's asking if you think our servers are 10/10 Premium? 5/10 Average? or 0-4/10 And need to be fixed.. sorry you interpreted that incorrectly.

Merged.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:59 AM, CookiePuss said:

Another, "I don't know what I'm talking about but that won't stop me" thread, add it to the pile. 

Nice copy & paste from zombiebiscuit - This is not implying that we have the solution to the internal workings of the server or repairs for the netcode... this is a poll to see if the majority of people think that there needs to be more of a focus on the servers above all else and that it is infact the server quality that is directly affecting the experience of players negatively and inturn killing the population. 

If you don't think the servers are the issue: 

I shall refer you to some of the most recent posts from Little Orbit staff themselves. 

• Like 1

Hi all,

Apologies. The lag is based on a series of DDoS attacks that have been persistent since Monday.

Thanks,
Matt

15 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Apologies. The lag is based on a series of DDoS attacks that have been persistent since Monday.

Thanks,
Matt

What is the process of tracking these attacks and prosecuting the guilty parties? I thought we were passed the "DDoS attacks" - who ever the person or person(s) responsible are for these attacks need to be officially charged or it will not stop.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, CanadianInfidel said:

What is the process of tracking these attacks and prosecuting the guilty parties? I thought we were passed the "DDoS attacks" - who ever the person or person(s) responsible are for these attacks need to be officially charged or it will not stop.

not all countries allow charges to be made since their laws are different.

IP addresses change as well very often to the point it is hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt without a subpoena to find out private information.

lots of other legal reasons this is just what i can think of off the top of my head.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, CanadianInfidel said:

We have had multiple discussions with the FBI. We collect the evidence we can, and we pass it along.

You'll see arrests are being made in this area (but not specific to APB DDoS attacks). 

But the vast majority of DDoS attacks come from machines that have been hacked - not from anything related directly to the hacker themselves.

The problem is that the FBI, Amazon, Google, and other providers need to fix their vulnerabilities that facilitate the DDoS attacks in the first place.

On our end we have protection in place for common forms of DDoS, and we continue to evolve those protections.

But every couple months or so, someone will find a new vulnerability and hit that spot relentlessly.

At the point, our engineers work overtime to fix the issue as fast as they can.

Since Little Orbit took over, we have had several months in a row where we successfully defend all the DDoS attacks with little to no interruption for our players.

If you look at the industry as a whole, everyone is dealing with the same problem. Toxic players have a bad experience and take out their frustration on the game.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Friendly reminder that blaming LO for the actions of a few scumbags is exactly what those scumbags want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"let's scream at the shop for getting robbed"

strange vote . game servers should work well in principle .

1VjbMo960P.jpg

The strange part is that the DDoS attacks have never seemed to go hand in hand with the game population. It seems to have always been about the same throughout all the years. That's why it doesn't feel like it would simply be an angry customer.

18 hours ago, MattScott said:

We have had multiple discussions with the FBI. We collect the evidence we can, and we pass it along.

You'll see arrests are being made in this area (but not specific to APB DDoS attacks). 

But the vast majority of DDoS attacks come from machines that have been hacked - not from anything related directly to the hacker themselves.

The problem is that the FBI, Amazon, Google, and other providers need to fix their vulnerabilities that facilitate the DDoS attacks in the first place.

On our end we have protection in place for common forms of DDoS, and we continue to evolve those protections.

But every couple months or so, someone will find a new vulnerability and hit that spot relentlessly.

At the point, our engineers work overtime to fix the issue as fast as they can.

Since Little Orbit took over, we have had several months in a row where we successfully defend all the DDoS attacks with little to no interruption for our players.

If you look at the industry as a whole, everyone is dealing with the same problem. Toxic players have a bad experience and take out their frustration on the game.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for the deeper insight. It sucks that this has a high probability to continue with little to no chance of pinning the attacks on a sole entity or individual. These attacks have added a lot of frustration to the our player base and it's why i made this survey to measure how the community would rate the servers. It's annoying to imagine that some social outcast has a PC running an automated DDoS attack or hacking into other machines to do their bidding. 

I know i can speak for a large portion of the community that we have logged in consistently even through these attacks which have been ongoing for years - two or three now? We definitely appreciate the sharp increase of communication from LO as opposed to the previous company. I rarely post on the forums and understand that this post can seem bitter, but that is from the years of DDoS attacks and rubber-banding through missions with intense competition where matches have been won or lost due to lag and stutters in the servers. 

My intention was not to throw LO under the bus, but rather find out if others felt the annoyance i did as well? What the hell was even going on, as i was under the assumption that the DDoS attacks were a thing of the past? Find out how others would rate these servers and if they are comparable to other games?  And potentially start a GoFundMe (it wasn't fully satire) for better server performance to help out as most of us vets have invested hundreds if not thousands of dollars into this game over the years. 
The end goal was for a solution or better yet the indictment of the scumbag(s) who are ruining the game for those of us who are left.

Edited by CanadianInfidel

On 3/14/2019 at 11:59 PM, CookiePuss said:

Another shitpost from a SPCT member whose supposed to be a role model in the community.

On 3/15/2019 at 5:04 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Thanks,
Matt

When are we going to resolve these hacks and DDos attacks matt? There way too common and frequent. Right now a dead FC server in Jericho has reaction lag to key inputs and then inf loading screen on server change to see whats up.

18 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Another shitpost from a SPCT member whose supposed to be a role model in the community.

Uh oh... I really hit a nerve with that one, didnt I ?

43 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Since when are testers considered role models?

4 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Since when are testers considered role models?

Not everyone can just be a tester ya know. If that was the case everyone would be a SPCT.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Not everyone can just be a tester ya know. If that was the case everyone would be a SPCT.

Still, by Matt's own admission SPCT members are normal members in every way, with the sole exception that we also test things. We hold no community position, we have no authority and no powers. Honestly we shouldn't even be marked the way we are on the forums but that's a different matter entirely.

11 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Still, by Matt's own admission SPCT members are normal members in every way, with the sole exception that we also test things. We hold no community position, we have no authority and no powers. Honestly we shouldn't even be marked the way we are on the forums but that's a different matter entirely.

The forum labels do lend more weight to the credibility of any info the members are given freedom to share, which, could be useful down the line if the secrecy level ever loosens up for things like future content.

At the very least it saves the actual QA personnel from having to open themselves up to the forum-goers directly to share tidbits of upcoming content...

Edited by Nite
Edit: missing words

12 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

You guys are also tasked with helping new players if they existed so once again your looked up to and as such your role models for the community

5 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You guys are also tasked with helping new players if they existed so once again your looked up to and as such your role models for the community

You're confusing the SPCT with the SPCM. the T in SPCT is for Tester, the M in SPCM is for Mentor. We're not the SPCM.

Frankly as a member of the SPCT I probably have a better idea of what our task is than you do.

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxX

21 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

You're confusing the SPCT with the SPCM. the T in SPCT is for Tester, the M in SPCM is for Mentor. We're not the SPCM.

Frankly as a member of the SPCT I probably have a better idea of what our task is than you do.

I feel the forum tag is a necessity.

It lets me know who is testing and knows what they are talking about and who does not.

It also lets me know to not ask personal question to that person with the SPCT tag or it would violate non disclosure on both our parts. (takes two to tango so yes I would be guilty then)

it also means since the SPCT member is more knowledgeable that I can take what they say as closer to "factual" evidence until something better comes along.

It's how humans learn their trades over history.

because of all of this I highly respect SPCT members and try to not give them a hard time with discussions or other things.

there is enough to deal with without me making things more difficult so I  try my best to not do so.

It looks like Jericho just got hit again. Baylon shipping crashed or everyone disconnected.

YijBx1p.jpg

EDIT:

It crashed. It's no longer displaying in the district list:

VW215ry.jpg

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Sign in to follow this