MattScott

Nekrova Migration Update

1 minute ago, Lily Rain said:

It shouldn't be that way

I assume you have a great idea of how it should be then? Please enlighten us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

The player on the home-server should keep their nickname, even if they used it for 1 minute..

I can't really believe you thought otherwise

4 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

The player on the home-server should keep their nickname, even if they used it for 1 minute..

I guess both options should be viable, depending on what the staff will prioritise.

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

I guess both options should be viable, depending on what the staff will prioritise.

I don't agree

1 » Further investigating who spent more time playing APB requires more working-time to be drawn away from Staff. Time they could make use of elsewhere.

2 » It is more simple and effective to force those with conflicting nicknames from the visiting-server to change their nicknames.

3 » Forcing those in the home-server to change their nicknames is beyond unfair.

10 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

I don't agree

1 » Further investigating who spent more time playing APB requires more working-time to be drawn away from Staff. Time they could make use of elsewhere.

2 » It is more simple and effective to force those with conflicting nicknames from the visiting-server to change their nicknames.

3 » Forcing those in the home-server to change their nicknames is beyond unfair.

1. They should already have code/algorithms to do that for them, unless they did this all manually for the previous merges.

2. It could indeed be seen as more appropriate for those joining the server (since Nekrova is going to Citadel, that'd be the people from Nekrova) to have to adapt to the server they're going to.

3. If they don't even use the name, I don't see why they should be entitled to keep it.

If there is someone on Citadel that made a character with the same name that you have on Nekrovaand hasn't touched the game in 2 years, while you've been playing almost daily. would you then really feel it's okay to lose that name?

1 minute ago, Kevkof said:

1. They should already have code/algorithms to do that for them, unless they did this all manually for the previous merges.

2. It could indeed be seen as more appropriate for those joining the server (since Nekrova is going to Citadel, that'd be the people from Nekrova) to have to adapt to the server they're going to.

3. If they don't even use the name, I don't see why they should be entitled to keep it.

If there is someone on Citadel that made a character with the same name that you have on Nekrovaand hasn't touched the game in 2 years, while you've been playing almost daily. would you then really feel it's okay to lose that name?

1 » Fair point

2 » Exactly

3 » Completely wrong

Nicknames are first come first served. They are not tied by how long someone plays the game in anyway. This is simply one of the problems in games where characters are server-bound.

In response to your question, yes. If I was coming over from Nekrova (or any other server) after a server-merge, I must fully understand that some things will never be the same, including latency and even my nickname.

You however, must understand that promoting unfairness in any form can cause problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

1 » Fair point

2 » Exactly

3 » Completely wrong

Nicknames are first come first served. They are not tied by how long someone plays the game in anyway. This is simply one of the problems in games where characters are server-bound.

In response to your question, yes. If I was coming over from Nekrova (or any other server) after a server-merge, I must fully understand that some things will never be the same, including latency and even my nickname.

You however, must understand that promoting unfairness in any form can cause problems.

Fair enough, it is indeed a different scenario for this merge compared to the previous merges that I actively 'took part in'. 

This is a server joining an existing server, not two servers being put together as a separate server.

Unfairness will always result in issues. Any slight change could be seen as unfairness by the ones affected, so there will always be players unhappy with the end result.

On 3/14/2019 at 8:28 PM, neophobia said:

да, он сказал, что много раз

Проблема idk, вероятно, заключается в том, что у innova изначально были более низкие цены, а также выкладывалось много вещей бесплатно - и у них было несколько коррумпированных gms, которые использовали свои позиции и раздавали предметы / забирали их

Я думаю, что они все еще должны хранить большую часть своих запасов - но они также включают кучу оружия, которого у нас никогда не было.

Я полагаю, что база данных во время передачи может быть трудно фильтровать, учитывая, как данные могут быть сохранены.

и, вероятно, было бы гораздо более целесообразно отфильтровать список покупок и снова предоставить эти предметы игрокам, чтобы они

а) иметь только те предметы, которые они действительно законно получили

б) иметь только те предметы, которые обычно доступны

What do you think people who bought legendary weapons at auction and saved up game currency to buy say N-TEC 7 which players sold on Innova for 20-25 million ???
Just be sorry for the time spent on farm shop windows and money for a premium. I did not open the yashiki (except for Nano, and even without the possibility of selling it) and bought almost half of the legendary weapons through the auction. And that I have drained all this into the toilet, so what is it ???

Merged.

On 3/14/2019 at 11:45 PM, MattScott said:

I realize it sounds simple, but in reality, that is not the case.

I have previously stated there are too many items to handle on a 1:1 basis - literally thousands of items and even more components that make up those items. Each item would need a manually selected alternate on Citadel in order to be migrated, and then it would require 1:1 testing to make sure we don't break Citadel. We're looking at thousands of man hours and months of time.

We are migrating APB$, JTs, and everything that we have proper payment records for on Nekrova.

We are redelivering all Nekrova purchased JMBs.

We are manually migrating the Legendaries.
I understand your frustration, but that is hardly "taking away everything".

Also, one last note for context:

We have been losing money on Nekrova since we took over in May 2018.

There is a minimum server footprint of about 20 servers to support an APB world.
We are about to launch RIOT, which will require more servers per world.

It is not feasible as a business to continue supporting the monthly cost for less than 30 player peak concurrency.

Ultimately there is no way to position this migration positively to the Russian players. They spent money with a company who shutdown the game. G1 inherited the Innova problem, and now we're inheriting G1's problem. Due to the way Innova handled itself at the end, they have made it impossible for us to properly support these Russian players. As I said earlier, I have personally tried to reach out to Innova in an attempt to get more data from them. Their main site is up: https://inn.ru/en/ and their 4 games site is up: https://eu.4game.com/. But I have not gotten a response.

I wish there was a better way, but we are now at the point where we have to make a change so the game can move forward, and the complexity of the situation limits what we can do.

Thanks,
Matt

Before closing, I bought all the items when they were free, but then after migration they were removed by the Administrators from my character (G1-Innova ???). So the left things will only be close to the GM. Such as perks with unique weapons.

If the Innova players get their weapons and stuff it's going to be unfair for the EU players who spent much more money for the same weapon etc. It's a shame Innova ran things so different from EU. If the prices among other things where the same we wouldn't be in this situation. I think the only compromise is giving them an equal g1c amount for the amount they have spent in rubbles on the Russian servers and be done with it then they can rebuy atleast some of the weapons they lost. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Nev said:

Если игроки Innova получат свое оружие и вещи, это будет несправедливо по отношению к игрокам из ЕС, которые потратили гораздо больше денег на то же оружие и т. Д. Это позор, что Innova управляла вещами, которые так отличались от ЕС. Если бы цены среди прочего были одинаковыми, мы бы не оказались в такой ситуации. Я думаю, что единственный компромисс состоит в том, чтобы дать им равную сумму денег на сумму, которую они потратили в руинах на российских серверах, и, покончив с этим, они могут купить хотя бы часть потерянного оружия. 

I want to clarify one situation ... Innova had a weapon worth 1299 rubles each, and the maximum price was 1590 (Osmav and Ogle). It is therefore unfair that our weapons are taken away from us, because the Innova prices were even more expensive than at GamesFirst! On GameFirst, the same weapon costs 700-1000 rubles for us! Yes, there were players at Innova who got free weapons through their connections, but these are not all players! This is the smallest group of the population ... All normal players played, and they themselves tried to achieve everything!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

People really as important to your nick? Is it so hard to come up with an addition to your old nick, such that others can say "Yes, I know this dude!"? Don't worry about it. Better wait for the decision LO about ARMAS, belongings, cars, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lizabett said:

People really as important to your nick? Is it so hard to come up with an addition to your old nick, such that others can say "Yes, I know this dude!"? Don't worry about it. Better wait for the decision LO about ARMAS, belongings, cars, etc.

Fully agreed.

Damn, is it possible at least some information about the transfer?

22 hours ago, Mehaku- said:

I want to clarify one situation ... Innova had a weapon worth 1299 rubles each, and the maximum price was 1590 (Osmav and Ogle). It is therefore unfair that our weapons are taken away from us, because the Innova prices were even more expensive than at GamesFirst! On GameFirst, the same weapon costs 700-1000 rubles for us! Yes, there were players at Innova who got free weapons through their connections, but these are not all players! This is the smallest group of the population ... All normal players played, and they themselves tried to achieve everything!

If that's the case wouldn't it be more beneficial for you to have that amount refunded in g1c? If they let everyone have their weapons the people that abused the system will get them as well which doesn't sound like a good solution to me. 

On 4/2/2019 at 11:11 AM, Kevkof said:

the existence of such a possibility is present . with the presence of Cyrillic in the launcher G1 this problem is virtually non-existent for Russian-speaking players .

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 7:21 PM, Kevkof said:

On 4/1/2019 at 7:23 PM, Lily Rain said:

I say make em fight for it.

SNR only.

Best of 3.

LO streams the event on a twitch they set up.

1 hour ago, Lizabett said:

Waiting for a miracle...

no hurry. 

Hi all,

I made an update in my blog yesterday, but I'll repeat it here.

Innova / 4Game have made every attempt to retrieve the payment backups, but they have been unsuccessful.

According to them, it is impossible to send that data now.

We are looking at other options.

In the meantime I am going to unpin this thread, and I'll make a new one once we have a new plan.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I made an update in my blog yesterday, but I'll repeat it here.

Innova / 4Game have made every attempt to retrieve the payment backups, but they have been unsuccessful.

According to them, it is impossible to send that data now.

We are looking at other options.

In the meantime I am going to unpin this thread, and I'll make a new one once we have a new plan.

Thanks,
Matt

This may have been thrown around allready but "non game changing" mods like the "Cat Tagger" could be Trade locked, instead of just deleted entirely.

Edited by Zolerox
  • Like 1

I don’t know about you, but I have already collected all the purchase data from my account through Innova technical support and sent a file (sent to me by Innova technical support) to gamersfirst technical support. no response from gamersfirst ...

changing nicknames?

it is not hard to have a personal APB id number and a nickname for a display name.

Home  server stuff wouldnt matter then.

On 4/2/2019 at 4:53 AM, Lily Rain said:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, siavash82ir said:

You sound like someone who wanted a nickname but it was already taken.

I am sorry, but that option should NEVER be considered for obvious reasons.