MattScott

Nekrova Migration Update

Hi all,

My team has been working hard on solutions for how to merge Nekrova properly. After the last post and the player responses, we decided to take another look at options.

The largest issue is that Reloaded / Little Orbit never got any purchase records from Innova. There is no way to verify anything on the Nekrova characters, and towards the end many items were practically given away alongside widespread abuse by GMs giving players APB$, Joker Tickets.

For the record, I have personally reached out to Innova to obtain these records, and they have not responded.

So here is the new plan:

• With the exception of a handful of accounts which were boosted above the normal amount, your APB$ and JT will be coming across with your characters. 
  • For those specific accounts, the ones we are removing APB$ and JT from, we will also not be bringing over their titles. All other accounts/characters get their titles brought across.
  • Legendaries that are from Joker Boxes will be brought across with the character they are currently on as long as they are those exact weapons. This does not include any items that are limited by a lease time. These items will also be trade locked.
  • Created symbols, themes, songs will be brought over. For symbols, there is a very small number of primitives that are not coming across. If your custom symbol was created using one of those, then the symbol will be missing that part of the symbol.
  • Most preset Symbols and Themes will be brought over but there are some that will not, as they are not currently available on Citadel.
  • When it comes to ARMAS purchases, we will be redelivering all Account and Character bound items that were bought from Nekrova.
  • We will be sending Joker Boxes to the character they were purchased on. If that character no longer exists, they will be delivered to the oldest character on the account.
  • Any item purchased from Nekrova that has a lease time will be redelivered with the current lease time intact except for trial weapons, those will not be brought over.

Unfortunately, that leaves 2 major categories of items that we wont be migrating over:

• The first is ARMAS items purchased through Innova. Nekrova ARMAS purchases can simply be redelievered, because of the existing purchase history. But since none of that was supplied by Innova, we can’t use this method for those purchases. 
  • The second is anything else on the character from trading with other players.

We have looked at trying to handle these two cases. Aside from the legitimacy issues with purchases, the complexity of mapping each item across isn’t feasible.

It is our hope to complete this migration before the launch of RIOT, so that our Nekrova players can enjoy the new content with more populated servers.

Thanks,

Matt

EDIT: 

I have received a response from Innova. I am waiting to see if they will send the missing payment transaction data, so I can find a way to compensate ex-Innova players.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 5

I think this is more than fair considering the circumstances. Good move.

• Like 4

If there was abuse from GM's and they were giving out APB$, JT and Legendaries then I find it more then necessary to trade lock those legendaries to keep the balance of things in the games current economy. Honestly, it's good on your part for trying and doing as much as you possibly can. +1 vouch for Matt Scott for best CEO of the year. Single-handedly keeping my hope up in APB.

• Like 2

yee whatever

whats with Engine Upgrade?

Dont tell me its delayed because of this useless migration

• Like 3

that seems like a much better migration , now at least i think it's fair for everyone .

• Like 1

Hello matt
Why support 4game (Innove) says that they provided data on purchases in Armas, and you say that no, who to believe? Of course, I understand that you are trying to migrate, but this is not what the Russian players are waiting for, since most of the players have invested not a small amount in the game. The player is not so important new content that will be released in the near future, and it is important to purchase (buy) them on Innova.

I apologize for the translation (google translator used)

31 minutes ago, Jasminee said:

Why support 4game (Innove) says that they provided data on purchases in Armas, and you say that no, who to believe? Of course, I understand that you are trying to migrate, but this is not what the Russian players are waiting for, since most of the players have invested not a small amount in the game. The player is not so important new content that will be released in the near future, and it is important to purchase (buy) them on Innova.

Hi there,

I’m not sure why Innova would say that.

We have the character database with inventory which includes the items that a player purchased. That data was used to do the original Nekrova migration.

But Innova has not provided the actual payment records that show how much players paid for their ARMAS items.

At this point, we have invested lots of time into this effort, and we need to move on.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

still nice to see genuine effort from the devs when stuff doesnt go according to plan, no matter how many times it happens

• Like 4

Thanks for the game, I'm not going to play without all my things! I bought all my clothes in Ru Armas and I don’t want to lose about 200k rubles! Thank you for all these good years =( 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

I’m not sure why Innova would say that.

We have the character database with inventory which includes the items that a player purchased. That data was used to do the original Nekrova migration.

But Innova has not provided the actual payment records that show how much players paid for their ARMAS items.

At this point, we have invested lots of time into this effort, and we need to move on.

Thanks,

Matt

Did you contact Innova for database? Most people will just stop playing if you don't transfer innova purchases. I'm pretty sure most people didn't even buy any gun after migration from innova

UPD

I'm blind

Edited by Lign

2 minutes ago, Lign said:

Вы связались с Innova для базы данных? Большинство людей просто перестанут играть, если вы не переведете покупки innova. Я уверен, что большинство людей даже не покупали оружие после миграции из Иннова

Many players have bought their costumes, weapons and cars on the Russian server apb. Forgive us for choosing a Russian server and not starting to play from the very beginning on the Citadel server

17 minutes ago, Mehaku- said:

Спасибо за игру, я не собираюсь играть без всех своих вещей! Я купил всю свою одежду в Ru Armas, и я не хочу терять около 200 тысяч рублей! Спасибо за все эти хорошие годы = ( 

I agree with this user, many players have bought their clothes on the Russian Innova server and after transfer all these people will literally lose everything. Why do we need our small amounts of game currency when we lose real money and many lose a very large amount of money! For example, I will completely lose all my clothes, cars and weapons since it was all purchased on Nekrova and I also do not want to play without all my money and without the purchased assortment!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lign said:

Did you contact Innova for database? Most people will just stop playing if you don't transfer innova purchases. I'm pretty sure most people didn't even buy any gun after migration from innova

UPD

I'm blind

ye he said that plenty of times

idk issue probably is that innova had way lower prices to begin with and also shelled out a lot of stuff for free - and had some corrupt gms that exploited their positions and gave out items/took them

ofc i think they should still keep most of their inventories - but those also include a bunch of weapons we never had.

i'd imagine the database during a transfer might be hard to filter considering how the data might be saved.

and it probably would way much more feasible to filter a list of purchases and grant those items to the players again - so they'd

a) only have the items they actually rightfully got

b) only have the items that are normally available

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, neophobia said:

да, он сказал, что много раз

Проблема idk, вероятно, заключается в том, что у innova изначально были более низкие цены, а также выкладывалось много вещей бесплатно - и у них было несколько коррумпированных gms, которые использовали свои позиции и раздавали предметы / забирали их

Я думаю, что они все еще должны хранить большую часть своих запасов - но они также включают кучу оружия, которого у нас никогда не было.

я бы предположил, что базу данных во время передачи может быть сложно отфильтровать, учитывая, как данные могут быть сохранены - и, вероятно, было бы гораздо более целесообразно отфильтровать список покупок и снова предоставить эти предметы игрокам - чтобы они могли ) иметь только те предметы, которые они действительно законно получили

б) иметь только те предметы, которые обычно доступны

Realy, why can not you just transfer all the current information by adding a weapon filter which is not in the assortment of Citadel? Sogodsen, that many players got weapons from joker boxes for free thanks to connections with the administration, but not everyone had such connections! But to deprive the players of all their purchases is a bit too much ... It looks difficult, but it’s not difficult how to update Anrial to version 3.5! Add a weapon filter, a currency filter, and a game nickname filter ...

• Like 1

Looks like all the money that I paid on Innova is going to be wasted.

If that really will happen, im going to say goodbye to APB.

We had a good run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monstr324 said:

Realy, why can not you just transfer all the current information by adding a weapon filter which is not in the assortment of Citadel? Sogodsen, that many players got weapons from joker boxes for free thanks to connections with the administration, but not everyone had such connections! But to deprive the players of all their purchases is a bit too much ... It looks difficult, but it’s not difficult how to update Anrial to version 3.5! Add a weapon filter, a currency filter, and a game nickname filter ...

ye it doesn't sound hard to me either - in theory

in practice... i doubt the data in apb is saved very consequently and i guess filtering just isn't that easy - in this case.

i honestly doubt that LO would otherwise go this way, they seem like a reasonable company.

they obviously don't wanna lose players, which is why they merge the servers in the first place - and it's pretty obvious that players are not happy and will leave. i bet they are trying but if everything fails... playing with your weapons alone isn't gonna be much fun either.

• Like 2

I really like the logic of LO: Why give people donations that they bought for their money, it’s better to leave them alone and lose significant part of the audience.

4 minutes ago, neophobia said:

да, мне это тоже не кажется сложным - теоретически

на практике ... я сомневаюсь, что данные в apb сохраняются очень последовательно, и я думаю, что фильтрация не так просто - в этом случае.

я искренне сомневаюсь, что в противном случае LO пойдет по этому пути, они кажутся разумной компанией.

очевидно, что они не хотят терять игроков, поэтому они объединяют серверы в первую очередь - и совершенно очевидно, что игроки недовольны и уйдут. Могу поспорить, что они пытаются, но если ничего не получится ... играть с одним оружием тоже не будет большим удовольствием

You caught my thought! Yes, there will be a transfer of characters, But they will transfer a pittance of money, which many players simply will not have enough to buy weapons at auction. The transfer will take place and people will leave = (I think no one will like such news when they were expecting a transfer, and during transfer they will run naked with a standard weapon ...

5 minutes ago, Monstr324 said:

You caught my thought! Yes, there will be a transfer of characters, But they will transfer a pittance of money, which many players simply will not have enough to buy weapons at auction. The transfer will take place and people will leave = (I think no one will like such news when they were expecting a transfer, and during transfer they will run naked with a standard weapon ...

idk how this sounds but maybe they could do the transfer as currently planned but with some compensation.

like e.g. 2 3-slot/preset weapon selectors, 1 secondary selector, 1 4-slot/preset car selectors, 1 clothing kit selector, 30 days of premium

or like just 4000 g1c plain or something (issue here would be e.g. with joker boxes that would inflate yet again - especially with multiaccounting).

(watch others become upset that russians get something free)

(or watch players that bought a lot become upset that others get stuff free too)

this definitely sounds better than the other 2 current alternatives of no merge/merge with no items.

i don't feel like it's perfect in any way.

i honestly have no idea if the current issue also is that they *couldn't* transfer the characters as-is because of data discrepancies that they can't fix easily or that innova had broken items etc that they can't easily filter and just don't want to allow (reasonable too)

ideally they'd just get the data from innova.

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 2

I played on Innova for almost 5 years and 40 thousand rubles for donat. What do you offer to buy everything again? Yeah good luck.

Очень странная логика переноса, перенести изначально на мертвый сервер Без проблем, донат и прочее перенесен, как встал вопрос об Цитадели то сразу дали заднею , а всё из-за чего? Правильно, из-за жадности LO .

• Like 1

Why do not you transfer the things that were purchased on ru armas? just transfer the entire character from the Necrova, and all the items that are on this account?

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

My team has been working hard on solutions for how to merge Nekrova properly. After the last post and the player responses, we decided to take another look at options.

The largest issue is that Reloaded / Little Orbit never got any purchase records from Innova. There is no way to verify anything on the Nekrova characters, and towards the end many items were practically given away alongside widespread abuse by GMs giving players APB$, Joker Tickets.

For the record, I have personally reached out to Innova to obtain these records, and they have not responded.

So here is the new plan:

• With the exception of a handful of accounts which were boosted above the normal amount, your APB$ and JT will be coming across with your characters. 
  • For those specific accounts, the ones we are removing APB$ and JT from, we will also not be bringing over their titles. All other accounts/characters get their titles brought across.
  • Legendaries that are from Joker Boxes will be brought across with the character they are currently on as long as they are those exact weapons. This does not include any items that are limited by a lease time. These items will also be trade locked.
  • Created symbols, themes, songs will be brought over. For symbols, there is a very small number of primitives that are not coming across. If your custom symbol was created using one of those, then the symbol will be missing that part of the symbol.
  • Most preset Symbols and Themes will be brought over but there are some that will not, as they are not currently available on Citadel.
  • When it comes to ARMAS purchases, we will be redelivering all Account and Character bound items that were bought from Nekrova.
  • We will be sending Joker Boxes to the character they were purchased on. If that character no longer exists, they will be delivered to the oldest character on the account.
  • Any item purchased from Nekrova that has a lease time will be redelivered with the current lease time intact except for trial weapons, those will not be brought over.

Unfortunately, that leaves 2 major categories of items that we wont be migrating over:

• The first is ARMAS items purchased through Innova. Nekrova ARMAS purchases can simply be redelievered, because of the existing purchase history. But since none of that was supplied by Innova, we can’t use this method for those purchases. 

We have looked at trying to handle these two cases. Aside from the legitimacy issues with purchases, the complexity of mapping each item across isn’t feasible.

It is our hope to complete this migration before the launch of RIOT, so that our Nekrova players can enjoy the new content with more populated servers.

Thanks,

Matt

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

So here is the new plan:

Thanks,

Matt

So there is no point of doing this merge like this , like ‘80-90%’ of innova players’ purchases from RU-ARMAS , but you guys simply can actually remove the items and etc. which you don’t have on EU, and about the money, some players have more than billions , but some of them got less than 100k , its unfair , like those people who have more than billions can actually buy all weapons from ingame auction, so , what about the other ones?

Or still dont merge this , its meaningless  , , like noone wants to walk around with naked and empty accounts,that would be good if you keep at least the ‘clothing’. Dont merge even after the RIOT thing , try to contact with Innova database or whatever it is.

• Like 3