hoodiemaker

APB RETAIL 2009

hey everyone! I just found my really old retail box for apb, and I hadn't used the retail code, I found it on the back of the read guide but it said "code not found"

do retail codes no longer work in 2019?

obflVE4.jpg

• Like 7

RTW keys never did anything in APB Reloaded, if memory serves. When you hear "retail code" that's typically referring to the bundle of account-wide items released by Iceberg Interactive.

1 minute ago, PeterF said:

RTW keys never did anything in APB Reloaded, if memory serves. When you hear "retail code" that's typically referring to the bundle of account-wide items released by Iceberg Interactive.

I was trying to see if it was still a thing because I really want to get the ACT 44 last stand

have you tried entering the code?

edit: yeah, these arent the ones that were being sold on newegg for like $5. dont think these give you anything anyways. 

Edited by Aeronaut
  • Like 1

havnt seen that box is ages

Yeah that's the box for the original APB. It is worthless at this point.

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Worth something for the files on the disc

1 minute ago, Knite said:

Worth something for the files on the disc

Yeaah, that's pretty much the only use out of it.

Still have my old RTW copy sitting in a bin collecting dust. Not of much use these days. 

2 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Did those who played in the RTW version get anything?

If I recall correctly, migrated RTW accounts received a permanent 0 slot JG and, if you bought them ingame, a few customizeable clothing items that were never released in APB:R. Most of them are released on armas by now though.

And you got to keep your themes/songs and symbols, some of which are unique as they were presets that are no longer given out by contacts, such as the original nocturnal song.

Edited by GhosT
d
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, GhosT said:

If I recall correctly, migrated RTW accounts received a permanent 0 slot JG and, if you bought them ingame, a few customizeable clothing items that were never released in APB:R. Most of them are released on armas by now though.

And you got to keep your themes/songs and symbols, some of which are unique as they were presets that are no longer given out by contacts, such as the original nocturnal song.

Yep, permanent 0 slot JG, whatever clothes/symbols/songs/themes you had. Nothing else.

There was talk of a title at one point, IIRC, but that never materialized.

Also, all of the clothes from RTW that were unique are now available either on ARMAS or in JT store.

Edited by Knite
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GhosT said:

6 hours ago, Knite said:

Yep, permanent 0 slot JG, whatever clothes/symbols/songs/themes you had. Nothing else.

There was talk of a title at one point, IIRC, but that never materialized.

Also, all of the clothes from RTW that were unique are now available either on ARMAS or in JT store.

What about the sense of entitlement that comes from saying "I've been playing since the RTW days?" and being able to recall memories of playing APB "when it was good"? 

But really that's a bit of a cop-out, 0-slot JG? There should be an exclusive skin or title or something. I mean in hat simulator we got a hat and that's a pretty neat thing to have to be able to laud that hat above all the fresh meat and say "That's right I was there at the beginning and paid money for this like a shmuck." 

1 minute ago, KnifuWaifu said:

What about the sense of entitlement that comes from saying "I've been playing since the RTW days?" and being able to recall memories of playing APB "when it was good"? 

But really that's a bit of a cop-out, 0-slot JG? There should be an exclusive skin or title or something. I mean in hat simulator we got a hat and that's a pretty neat thing to have to be able to laud that hat above all the fresh meat and say "That's right I was there at the beginning and paid money for this like a shmuck." 

Everyone claims they've been playing since RTW anyway, and how awesome it was.

Spoiler alert: It was horrible.

Weapon skins weren't a thing back then, nor were titles. I don't think you can even track who actually migrated from RTW these days.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:21 PM, GhosT said:

Its a collectors item more then anything else now. I still got mine sealed up so its value is worth something at least.

8 hours ago, CatInTuxedo said:

I searched through my old CDs and i only found Diablo 1

The real treasure here.