Sign in to follow this  
Kitsae

Cash Shop payment issues

Something you might want to check into. Today I was going to pickup wastelander sub, buy a wardrobe all unlock, and few pieces of clothing and paints. When transferred to paymentwall to use my credit card and tried to purchase... nothing happens. No errors, messages of payment not going thru, nothing. Tried 5 times. No response when sent an inquiry either.

Just seems strange to me that a game that has profit issues to not want my 50$. Your payment provider needs a good chewing out.

(before anyone says it.. the other payment options are just not a feasible option in my country.)

Just a follow up. Once paymentwall finally responded they said my bank denied the payment. Bank informed me not only did they not deny it, but the attempt was never made by paymentwall. Ive spent several hours over the last few days going back and forth. Even registered my card with another 3rd party as paymentwall requested... still wont go thru. I reached the point where I no longer care. You guys don't need my money, fine, I just spent it on a preorder for the new Fallout. Just a little food for thought....

Getting vet players to come back is great. It will do a lot for the in game experience. Revenue wise though.. not so much. We are mostly level capped. We don't need a sub. Mass majority doesn't need anything from the cash shop; we have everything we need. Personally only reason I was picking up a sub and cash shop items was because I decided to delete one my 55s so could level up a character along side my roomie so she wouldn't get lonely. Revenue will not come from us vets. It will come from new players. Only reason I went thru so much effort to try to purchase things is because Im a vet that is invested in the game already. How many new players do you think will go thru all that when they feel no connection to the game? Very... very.. very few new players would go thru that crap. Soon as they hit the wall I did they are going to say "the hell with this" and go download another MMO.

Do what you want with that information.

It is also possible Im only one that has cared enough to complain.

my card was denied also even after filling in the extra verified by visa info, created a ticket to paywall and replied with card info ...

awaiting reply to find out why denied.  ohh another thing it showed euro price not dollars and a bit more than google conversion rate  :(

14 hours ago, Ozium said:

my card was denied also even after filling in the extra verified by visa info, created a ticket to paywall and replied with card info ...

awaiting reply to find out why denied.  ohh another thing it showed euro price not dollars and a bit more than google conversion rate  :(

Yes this is another thing that came out while arguing with paymentwall. They let it slip that the charge is supposed to be 36$ and change. The price on G1 says 35$.... added on fees should be declared a bit more predominantly.

Hi there,

For the OP, we have received multiple complaints with PaymentWall. We are looking into a different provider now.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only reliable method I've had to pay my sub for the past couple years is to put money in my Steam wallet.  If you're logged in to FE authenticated through Steam, it will give you the option of using Steam wallet to pay for G1C, then I use G1C to pay for the sub.

On 6/5/2018 at 5:51 AM, Kitsae said:

Yes this is another thing that came out while arguing with paymentwall. They let it slip that the charge is supposed to be 36$ and change. The price on G1 says 35$.... added on fees should be declared a bit more predominantly.

We don't charge fees for any payment provider. Maybe you paid with a non-USD currency and it had to be exchanged in some way? Or there was a local sales tax like VAT included (we include that up front in the checkout options).
18 hours ago, Sharkdog said:

The only reliable method I've had to pay my sub for the past couple years is to put money in my Steam wallet.  If you're logged in to FE authenticated through Steam, it will give you the option of using Steam wallet to pay for G1C, then I use G1C to pay for the sub.

We offer recurring FE subscriptions which use Stripe for their billing. It should work really well.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:20 AM, Majiik said:
We don't charge fees for any payment provider. Maybe you paid with a non-USD currency and it had to be exchanged in some way? Or there was a local sales tax like VAT included (we include that up front in the checkout options). We offer recurring FE subscriptions which use Stripe for their billing. It should work really well.
No. While I do live in the Philippines I have a US bank account with Chase, with a credit card that I use for all my gaming needs.  Was paying in American dollars so it was not an exchange rate nor VAT issue.

Sign in to follow this