nikitos5

Remove the ability to free arrested criminals

At least elaborate on why you think it is unfair. 

ITT: It's not unfair.

Edited by _chain

3 hours ago, _chain said:

At least elaborate on why you think it is unfair. 

ITT: It's not unfair.

unfair.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nikitos5 said:

It is very unfair

Is it serious? are you real ?

5 minutes ago, Yood said:

Is it serious? are you real ?

With a lethal weapon when you go 1 v 2 and kill one of them and then die it's ok because you traded an opponent. When you go 1 v 2 with a stabba, stun and arrest one of them and then get killed you practically did nothing. If there was no possibility of freeing a criminal you would do a good job because the criminal would respawn longer than you. As if LTL doesn't have enough disadvantages already. It's sad that people think it's unfair, probably because they play as criminals

Edited by nikitos5

3 minutes ago, nikitos5 said:

With a lethal weapon when you go 1 v 2 and kill one of them and then die it's ok because you traded an opponent. When you go 1 v 2 with a stabba, stun and arrest one of them and then get killed you practically did nothing. If there was no possibility of freeing a criminal you would do a good job because the criminal would respawn longer than you. As if LTL doesn't have enough disadvantages already.

let's then level all the problems of discrepancy between cops and criminals - map, weapons, vehicles ....

have a series of weapons stubba Yes ! there is advantage ! but the advantage is quite different !

Edited by Yood

18 minutes ago, nikitos5 said:

With a lethal weapon when you go 1 v 2 and kill one of them and then die it's ok because you traded an opponent. When you go 1 v 2 with a stabba, stun and arrest one of them and then get killed you practically did nothing. If there was no possibility of freeing a criminal you would do a good job because the criminal would respawn longer than you. As if LTL doesn't have enough disadvantages already. It's sad that people think it's unfair, probably because they play as criminals

It’d be unfair for criminals who get arrested. It gives them a chance to escape and rejoin the action, they also still already take longer res pawn.

It shouldn’t matter because if you managed to arrest the crim, you already got the points and rewards for it. 

Its sad sad that you think it’s unfair because you’ve failed to defend a arrested crim or you were dumb enough to turn your back on one and they got unarrested then preceded to shoot you in the back.

9 hours ago, nikitos5 said:

unfair.png

So Enforcer A stunned and arrested Criminal 1.

Criminal 2 comes along and shoots Enforcer A dead with a CSG before helping Criminal 1 escape, both criminals walk away. 

...I don't see what's unfair about that...

Sorry, it may seem cliche but it is regrettably true that if you think Less than Lethal is unfair then you'd going to have a less enjoyable time if that player was using lethal weapons.

Once I've been shot dead by a teammate as I go to make the arrest before that same teammate actually arrests the criminal I stunned! (I did report them.)

Again a few times I've been shot at while making an arrest become some new player doesn't realise what is going on. And sometimes they do kill me before I finish making the arrest and sometime they kill after making the arrest... before shooting dead the arrested criminal anyway!

Countless times my stunned opponent will be shot dead before I get to even start making the arrest, or shot dead while making the arrest. Sometimes by accident or out of mercy by fellow criminals. Or again having my stunned opponent shot dead by another enforcer before being I get start/finish the arrests.

Having arrests stolen by other enforcers who want the kill and cannot respect the fair play, is one of the most infuriating things. It does result at times to team killing or stunning in retaliation, but sometimes it is just a pure accident.

There have been times when I've throw a grenade but then the criminal become stunned but I'm not sure from where/who, and then the grenade goes off killing the stunned criminal. Then the less than lethal enforcer stuns/kills me in retaliation out of what was just an unfortunate badly timed accident.

It is infuriating none the less.

You think it's not fair on criminals? It's not any better for the enforcers that put themselves in harms way to get an arrest on top of the stun.

Please, I do encourage you try and get a few arrests on a enforcer character, say at least 20. You really have to see what it is like trying to get arrests, and then consider if it is unfair for criminals.

It doesn't feel fair on anyone, despite the reality that it's not greatly unfair.

Edited by VickyFox

not unfair, leaves said unarresting crim vulnerable because they have to unarrest in the same way you had to knock them out and arrest them in the first place.

"Remove the ability to free arrested criminals" because "It is very unfair "

No. The ability to free captured-Criminals is a good dynamic & removing it would make gameplay feel more dead and empty.

Speaking of 'unfair' however, the amount of effort and risk needed to free a Criminal compared to arresting one is unquestionably in favor of Criminals. Not to mention doing so effectively respawns a Criminal where he/she was busted. A slight increase in the time needed to free a Criminal would make things more balanced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Please, I do encourage you try and get a few arrests on a enforcer character, say at least 20. You really have to see what it is like trying to get arrests, and then consider if it is unfair for criminals.

It doesn't feel fair on anyone, despite the reality that it's not greatly unfair.

I maxed the cop role twice. If you have behaviour problems with your teammates killing you or arrested / stunned criminals then you need to:

1. Try to kick him from the team. If you are not the leader request leadership (multiple times) or tell the team leader to kick him for good reasons (if the guy who behaves bad the leader then you are screwed).

2. When arresting the criminal stay between the stunned criminal and your teammate so that they shoot you and not the crim.

3. Some newbies or people on bronze actually don't know about this 'LTL' thing and will kill stunned crimianls. You need to explain to them that they must not touch the stunned criminals.

2 hours ago, Similarities said:

not unfair, leaves said unarresting crim vulnerable because they have to unarrest in the same way you had to knock them out and arrest them in the first place.

The unarresting process lasts just a couple seconds. That's enough to just go check the other corner on your mission spot and find out that the guy you arrested has been freed! Imagine you killed someone and then comes his teammate and resurrects him! Is that fair?

3 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Sorry, it may seem cliche but it is regrettably true that if you think Less than Lethal is unfair then you'd going to have a less enjoyable time if that player was using lethal weapons.

What does that mean?

Edited by nikitos5

You could use arrested criminals as kill bait. Last time i played everyone just ran to the teammate to aid instead of checking the surroundings, awarding me an extra arrest.

1 hour ago, nikitos5 said:

I maxed the cop role twice. If you have behaviour problems with your teammates killing you or arrested / stunned criminals then you need to:

1. Try to kick him from the team. If you are not the leader request leadership (multiple times) or tell the team leader to kick him for good reasons (if the guy who behaves bad the leader then you are screwed).

2. When arresting the criminal stay between the stunned criminal and your teammate so that they shoot you and not the crim.

3. Some newbies or people on bronze actually don't know about this 'LTL' thing and will kill stunned crimianls. You need to explain to them that they must not touch the stunned criminals.

The unarresting process lasts just a couple seconds. That's enough to just go check the other corner on your mission spot and find out that the guy you arrested has been freed! Imagine you killed someone and then comes his teammate and resurrects him! Is that fair?

What does that mean?

Your are not my kind of enforcer.

Now onto your 3 points

1. 'try to kick him from the team', This seems like a toxic way to Play LTL. Kicking someone because they kill a stun is not right sure it's annoying but imagine how your team feels if your using LTL weapons and they are using QL weapons and they lose because of you. Killing stuns isn't that bad infact it's a good idea if you Know you can't arrest him without dieing (which would serve no purpose if your dead he can un-arrest him). LTL is fun when i play LTL sure i may lose or get killed 30 times but it's fun as hell (if you've ever been to asylum in Jericho When i log in with a stun launcher everyone starts shivering)QL = Quite Lethal.

2.'When arresting get between the crossfire so you can arrest' that doesn't work, they WILL shoot through you just to get a kill (i've had criminals shoot through the person i was using as cover or arresting) Even got someone KICKED because they team-killed 5 times (LTL is really powerful if done right) you can just stun your team mates before they kill the stun (which I've done before). You can't be vote kicked in fight clubs so feel free to stun team mates trying to kill your arrested.

3. 'Explain LTL to newbs, un-arresting lasts a couple seconds, check the other corner and find out the criminal was freed' 

That is true you do have to tell them "don't kill stunned criminals try to arrest them if you can if i'm dead just kill them if you can't" but sometimes you have to stand between you in the criminal and you might get killed. Un-arresting without equipment (which I've never IN MY ENTIRE LIFE seen a criminal equip handcuff keys) takes about 5 seconds, you can't have LTL too powerfull it needs to have a downside.

You shouldn't be "checking the other corner" you should be watching the criminal until it disappears,

I have 8542 (not including Christmas event weapons) arrests, The fact that criminals can "un-arrest" their teammates allows for "baiting" I've gotten 3 arrests many times because the criminals tried to free their friend and i fire a stun launcher while they were doing so (sometimes if i time it perfectly he DOES free him and i arrest them both again).  

@Lily Rain Increase in unarrest time (as it is right now you can unarrest 1 second after my stun launcher nade explodes) would be nice even if it's 2 seconds (maybe more crims would equip handcuff keys when they see a LTL)

Edited by Zolerox
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, _chain said:

You could use arrested criminals as kill bait. Last time i played everyone just ran to the teammate to aid instead of checking the surroundings, awarding me an extra arrest.

Not when the the second guy comes one second after you arrested a criminal

Edited by nikitos5

46 minutes ago, nikitos5 said:

Not when the the second guy comes one second after you arrested a criminal

That’s happens even if you’re using lethal weapons. Sometimes the teammate is close enough that they can just  charge you and finish what their buddy started. 

3 hours ago, Zolerox said:

@Lily Rain Increase in unarrest time (as it is right now you can unarrest 1 second after my stun launcher nade explodes) would be nice even if it's 2 seconds (maybe more crims would equip handcuff keys when they see a LTL)

Exactly my thoughts as that would give handcuff keys purpose to exist in the game

If you chose LTL rather than killing your ops that is you choice.

This is a part of the balancing and why @CookiePuss will shoot me or others for using LTL at times ( and justifiably so )

As much as it would make the feel more friendly, Sometimes the problem teammate IS the leader.

Also this does not apply to fight club where most people go to grind LTL as it does not affect threat level, not reliant on instance population and also FC has very much more focused combat without as many or any distractions of objectives to complete.

7 hours ago, Zolerox said:

1. 'try to kick him from the team', This seems like a toxic way to Play LTL.

Also a valid point

---

Uhhhhh... This is a habit I already do but it doesn't work all the time in open spaces.

12 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Once I've been shot dead by a teammate as I go to make the arrest before that same teammate actually arrests the criminal I stunned! (I did report them.)

Again a few times I've been shot at while making an arrest become some new player doesn't realise what is going on. And sometimes they do kill me before I finish making the arrest and sometime they kill after making the arrest... before shooting dead the arrested criminal anyway!

Countless times my stunned opponent will be shot dead before I get to even start making the arrest, or shot dead while making the arrest. Sometimes by accident or out of mercy by fellow criminals. Or again having my stunned opponent shot dead by another enforcer before being I get start/finish the arrests.

Having arrests stolen by other enforcers who want the kill and cannot respect the fair play, is one of the most infuriating things.

Just to be clear, There have been times when I have tried to give cover to an opponent that I am trying to arrest, and have been deliberately shot at none the less for a kill/arrest steal.

---

I do realise that and do help educate new players as I go along but while what is done is done, those potential arrests are still a loss of time and effort in both the match and to the cop rank if working towards it.

Regardless I shouldn't also need to explain to a new player DON'T SHOOT THROUGH ME WHEN I'M IN FRONT OF YOU! But while being eager isn't a bad thing, it can be too much of a good thing and being trigger happy doesn't help if not controlled.

---

8 hours ago, Zolerox said:

Also to make LTL feel less unfair, give an option to "respawn now" rather having to wait for the rescue opportunity cooldown before the respawn process starts.

I hear frequently from criminal players that this time period is just frustrating, and that it is a delay to get back into a time critical mission. I will agree that is an unfair disadvantage in some mission context. 

Now look how many disadvantages of playing LTL you wrote and tell me that stabba doesn't need a buff

If they’ve got buffed, they’d ruin the already poor weapon balance. 

And weve we’ve seen what the horrible nightmare that was the Shotgun “Fix”, look st the Shredder during that.

2 hours ago, nikitos5 said:

Now look how many disadvantages of playing LTL you wrote and tell me that stabba doesn't need a buff

"Im gonna arrest you and leave you expecting none of you buddies will help you."

I think you need to know how the basics of Cops and Robbers work.

Edited by MoeEveryWeek

Alright, here's an idea: Handcuffs (an equipment upgrade) with these stats: Arrest time increased by 150%; Arrested criminals cannot be freed (unarrested)

Edited by nikitos5