Sign in to follow this  
Darkzero3802

Hitreg

LO when will you guys finally get some new servers that can support the game better? The hitreg issues going on within APB is mainly due to how poor these servers are and the fact they cant handle everything going on. So far today unless your using crutch weapons like NFAG or AMG your shots dont register for crap and aiming is worthless as that makes the hitreg worse.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, abbvation said:

try support

Its a server issue and one thats been around well before LO took over. The pcs were building over the last few yrs could handle APB better then the current servers can and it wont be resolved if these servers continue to run APB.

It's not the servers, it's the netcode. 

Not that you shouldn't be complaining, but this way you can complain about the right thing. 

Cuz yeah... It's pretty bad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Not that you shouldn't be complaining, but this way you can complain about the right thing. 

Its both, if the servers lag (and lets be frank they lag quite abit and often) it messes up reg further.

I usually don't have much trouble with reg outside of when the servers are figuratively on fire so blaming hitreg isn't my thing normally but lately? the past 3 weeks have been absolute shit. Moving or stationary targets it doesn't matter, First few shots hit then I might as well be firing blanks or just flat out nothing but blanks from the start. Getting kills has been such a challenge since my aim is far from perfect and then the shitreg gets tossed in the mix.. luckily though, it would appear that I'm not the only one as I've had many prolonged awkward fights with players who usually could kill me much more quicker.

Then there's my personal favorite issue that has seemingly become more common but I still don't know if it is client or server sided and that is, hit markers.. they don't show despite the fact that I did deal damage according to the server. I'll sometimes shoot someone with say a JG but no hit marker and then I go for the second shot, two hit kill no assist but one hit marker if I'm lucky lol. So now I just throw caution to the wind and just push because for all I know I could of actually landed a fat jg hit or maybe I didn't..

• Like 1

yep and hitbox is in a size of a tank , i can shot with NTec above heads and still get hit marks , welp i really hope it will get better in the new upgrade.

6 minutes ago, MarvellouS said:

yep and hitbox is in a size of a tank , i can shot with NTec above heads and still get hit marks , welp i really hope it will get better in the new upgrade.

That's intentional, every player has exactly the same hitbox no matter their visual size so that people playing tiny female characters don't have an advantage.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

It's mostly the netcode, but let's not forget that there are ddos attacks sometimes and the mitigation of them also heavily impacts the gameplay.

Servers won't be able to handle much anyways because they have to handle everyones customizations at once. Hitreg is best when there is less customization. Maybe tell everyone to stop being so customized.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:07 AM, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

That's intentional, every player has exactly the same hitbox no matter their visual size so that people playing tiny female characters don't have an advantage.

I personally increased the length of my character slightly to make it easier to estimate the length of the hitbox, even though I don't really like tall characters.
Maybe the hitbox could have a middle ground between largest male and smallest female models. It is kinda ridiculous having a hitbox the size of a whole head above you...

No lag compensation makes for terrible hitreg at anything that's not incredibly low ping.

On 3/10/2019 at 7:13 PM, XYXYXYXYX said:

I usually don't have much trouble with reg outside of when the servers are figuratively on fire so blaming hitreg isn't my thing normally but lately? the past 3 weeks have been absolute shit. Moving or stationary targets it doesn't matter, First few shots hit then I might as well be firing blanks or just flat out nothing but blanks from the start. Getting kills has been such a challenge since my aim is far from perfect and then the shitreg gets tossed in the mix.. luckily though, it would appear that I'm not the only one as I've had many prolonged awkward fights with players who usually could kill me much more quicker.

Then there's my personal favorite issue that has seemingly become more common but I still don't know if it is client or server sided and that is, hit markers.. they don't show despite the fact that I did deal damage according to the server. I'll sometimes shoot someone with say a JG but no hit marker and then I go for the second shot, two hit kill no assist but one hit marker if I'm lucky lol. So now I just throw caution to the wind and just push because for all I know I could of actually landed a fat jg hit or maybe I didn't..

Usually for me hitreg depends on the day as no 2 days are the same when it comes to these servers (which they should all be the same all the time) one day my reg can be fine and the next im shooting beanbags at others that even though clearly hit dont count as a hit. Then there are those days where hitreg starts out fine the 1st half of the day then dont work the 2nd half. With this sort of instability in the hitreg its more then just the netcode. Im on the US east coast so im not far off from the servers compared to others on Jericho so id hate to see their issues with hitreg.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:36 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

Servers won't be able to handle much anyways because they have to handle everyones customizations at once. Hitreg is best when there is less customization. Maybe tell everyone to stop being so customized.

Servers could handle much to begin with anyway? If LO got state of the art servers that can handle the latest games then a game as dated as APB shouldnt be an issue even with the customization thats around.

On 3/14/2019 at 4:56 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

Usually for me hitreg depends on the day as no 2 days are the same when it comes to these servers (which they should all be the same all the time) one day my reg can be fine and the next im shooting beanbags at others that even though clearly hit dont count as a hit. Then there are those days where hitreg starts out fine the 1st half of the day then dont work the 2nd half. With this sort of instability in the hitreg its more then just the netcode. Im on the US east coast so im not far off from the servers compared to others on Jericho so id hate to see their issues with hitreg.

Servers could handle much to begin with anyway? If LO got state of the art servers that can handle the latest games then a game as dated as APB shouldnt be an issue even with the customization thats around.

probably, but even 2 years ago, G1 tried different servers and they all had issues to an extent, so i'm not sure.  Maybe the fact that its older and not as optimized could be the issue

26 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

probably, but even 2 years ago, G1 tried different servers and they all had issues to an extent, so i'm not sure.  Maybe the fact that its older and not as optimized could be the issue

G1 tried using consumer PCs with no disk or power redundancy, and then overclocked them. They constantly crashed, who would have guessed? They then switched to softlayer since it provided the best performance for their needs, then G1 or LO switched to Amazon. Amazon AWS had the worst performance of all the server providers G1 tested, but considering their previous attempts, I doubt they put any effort into optimizing it.

At least hit reg isn't as bad as it used to be back in like 2013-2014ish days. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

At least hit reg isn't as bad as it used to be back in like 2013-2014ish days. 

Woah .... for me 2013-14 was golden age. 2017-19 almost every second/third shots have no hitreg.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:32 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

Cause G1 bought the cheapest oldest crap they could find so they could pocket more money. While yes the fact that APB has been unoptimized for yrs does affect the quality in which you can play its mainly the fact that G1 didnt give enough shits about the game or community to buy decent servers. Back in the day reg districts could support 100 players in 50v50 fashion, now there set to 80 players 40v40 and struggle greatly even when the servers are dead.

On 3/22/2019 at 11:07 PM, MrsHappyPenguin said:

G1 tried using consumer PCs with no disk or power redundancy, and then overclocked them. They constantly crashed, who would have guessed? They then switched to softlayer since it provided the best performance for their needs, then G1 or LO switched to Amazon. Amazon AWS had the worst performance of all the server providers G1 tested, but considering their previous attempts, I doubt they put any effort into optimizing it.

They put no effort into optimization, bug fixes or server selection and it was painfully obv. Its still obv that LO is running these shitty servers still for whatever unknown reason.

Edited by Darkzero3802

Funny fact cheaters always have good/perfect hitreg. 

tenor.gif

12 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Funny fact cheaters always have good/perfect hitreg. 

tenor.gif

Even cheaters have to deal with the same netcode as the rest of us. 

So no, they haven't. 

29 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Even cheaters have to deal with the same netcode as the rest of us. 

So no, they haven't. 

Yet when the servers shit and the broadside of a barn is impossible to hit the same ppl always have good reg and can hit just fine.

7 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yet when the servers shit and the broadside of a barn is impossible to hit the same ppl always have good reg and can hit just fine.

5nJcqy9.gif

7 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Cause G1 bought the cheapest oldest crap they could find so they could pocket more money. While yes the fact that APB has been unoptimized for yrs does affect the quality in which you can play its mainly the fact that G1 didnt give enough shits about the game or community to buy decent servers. Back in the day reg districts could support 100 players in 50v50 fashion, now there set to 80 players 40v40 and struggle greatly even when the servers are dead.

They put no effort into optimization, bug fixes or server selection and it was painfully obv. Its still obv that LO is running these shitty servers still for whatever unknown reason.

Did you know that the servers struggled for years under 50v50 and that making it 40v40 was something they asked the community and spct about and was told to lower it if it helps with server stability? guess not. yes, it decreased the instability, but didnt get rid of it. Server customization was listed as one of the things G1 said put a lot of stress on the servers, and various people have tested it, and found that it is true, which is why lower servers/districts with less customization lag less.

1 hour ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Did you know that the servers struggled for years under 50v50 and that making it 40v40 was something they asked the community and spct about and was told to lower it if it helps with server stability? guess not. yes, it decreased the instability, but didnt get rid of it. Server customization was listed as one of the things G1 said put a lot of stress on the servers, and various people have tested it, and found that it is true, which is why lower servers/districts with less customization lag less.

I am aware of the struggles under 50v50 as well. Im also aware that if G1 had put any effort into getting good servers, ISP and netcode we wouldnt be here right now customization or not.

Sign in to follow this