vfterlife

[important!] Will APB continue to support the stretched image?

On 3/10/2019 at 1:04 PM, Emcitement said:

You can do stretched and fixed regardless of APB. If you have Nvidia, its built in to the control panel.

Even if APB couldn't have stretched anymore somehow, you could just set your desktop res to something low with stretched. Then play APB in windowed full screen.

I don't think this provides any sort of advantage to players so I'd rather they not touch it...

It actually does, especially if running 2-3 monitors, it doesn't stay the same resolution, people with more monitors actually see more on screen then those with 1 screen. (instead of seeing like 5m behind their character they can see like 10-15m behind, and can use that to rotate around walls similar to this...)

12 hours ago, Sakurachan said:

old video but gets the point of what ultrawide gaming is about. i suppose the way i play the game would blow some minds then. this is 48:9 aspect ratio or 5760x1080 resolution, i am so used to playing the game this way that i can't go back to playing with just a single display lol. to put this in perspective for those who don't know what they're looking at; if you have a single 1080p monitor you see only the center of this video, edge to edge of the user interface and nothing further.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Just now, Noob_Guardian said:

It actually does, especially if running 2-3 monitors, it doesn't stay the same resolution, people with more monitors actually see more on screen then those with 1 screen. (instead of seeing like 5m behind their character they can see like 10-15m behind, and can use that to rotate around walls...)

Is there a problem? buy yourself 20 monitors if you think it is necessary you can buy all 20 monitors with a Resolution of 4K Ultra HD .

Just now, Yood said:

Is there a problem? buy yourself 20 monitors if you think it is necessary you can buy all 20 monitors with a Resolution of 4K Ultra HD .

I mean, i've never seen any other game give that much visual advantage to people with more monitors. I personally would say that having more monitors or stretching the screen = advantage over general players as you can see around walls without having to be as close to them as normal. I don't feel it's necessary, but i don't see why it's possible to gain such an advantage either. It isn't as big of a deal in other games, but in APB, seeing around that wall that you aren't near, is a pretty big advantage.

Just now, Noob_Guardian said:

I mean, i've never seen any other game give that much visual advantage to people with more monitors. I personally would say that having more monitors or stretching the screen = advantage over general players as you can see around walls without having to be as close to them as normal. I don't feel it's necessary, but i don't see why it's possible to gain such an advantage either. It isn't as big of a deal in other games, but in APB, seeing around that wall that you aren't near, is a pretty big advantage.

no benefits. there is a sense of personal technical superiority.

42 minutes ago, Keshi said:

honestly...i don't see the issue with stretched image...it's in your nvidia settings. U can't prevent a game from having it.
You can set your default screen resolution in windows on 1024x768 for example and stretch it in your nvidia settings, making your game think thats fullscreen so it won't matter anyways

You will not succeed in a game that does not support this.

6 hours ago, vfterlife said:

A SPCT member, first of all, should assess the situation from different angles, and be able to make those decisions that will make the game better (Even if you specifically do not like it, ok?) 

You seem to not exactly understand what an SPCT Member does, you wanted SPCT members to chip in on this topic, in particular, Kemp and have them voice their opinion on the matter, I voiced mine which is that you're mixing together stereotypes and are trying to say that there is an advantage to using 4:3 when there is none and by the way is my honest opinion on the topic. If you aren't happy with what an SPCT had to say to your proposed idea then that's on you, not me.

6 hours ago, vfterlife said:

Will the game be better if the support for the stretched resolution is removed? Yes. She will be better. No one will scare the ordinary players. You do not like it, but it will be better for the game. Take it.

APB can get pretty competitive on the high end and that's a good thing, it's a playground that keeps the game interesting, if you were to kill off that player base than the game would lose a fair amount of players which is not something you want to do in a game that is already struggling to maintain a population big enough to fill 2-3 districts during peak times. 

You're essentially arguing and trying to force the point you're making without even wanting to go into criticism of other forum users or those coming from the source that you requested in your OP. Not everyone is going to like aspects of the game and I completely agree that the current situation with streaming the game at potato graphics isn't desirable but if that's what players have to do to turn the game into less of a stuttery and horribly performing mess then they will do that to fully utilize their high refresh rate monitor. The hope is that 3.5 performs better than Live so there's no need to crank down the graphics to an absolute low just to get stable performance and that's why in my opinion the Advanced Launcher is not something you want to ban but simply make pointless with the release of 3.5.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Frosi said:

if you were to kill off that player base than the game would lose a fair amount of players which is not something you want to do in a game that is already struggling to maintain a population big enough to fill 2-3 districts during peak times. 

After engine upgrade online will increase significantly. Along with the update of the engine, I propose to discontinue support for the stretched resolution. This is a new stage 🙂

Edited by vfterlife

15 minutes ago, vfterlife said:

After engine upgrade online will increase significantly. Along with the update of the engine, I propose to discontinue support for the stretched resolution. This is a new stage 🙂

That's not how building a community works, you're not gonna give a middle finger to your longest playing players and say fuck off lol. APB needs every play it can get to get back to where it used to be.

7 hours ago, RCooper said:

Having the graphics like that scare new players that is way fortnite didn't left to play with stretched in their tournaments

The same happen with apb if they think the graphics look like that they would think that this is the shittiest gta they have ever seen

4:3 doesn't make anyone better. It's personal preference.

This stupid conversation/battle goes about nothing and every game suffers from it.

CS:GO had it with pros using 4:3, fortnite because some players won with 4:3 resolutions, it really doesn't make a difference.

The steam store has full settings/resolution as selling point.

• Like 1

Why do I have to answer this?

4:3 being better "because pros use it" is a meme. These people grew up with 4:3 monitors when they were playing shooters years ago (before 16:9 was readily available at an affordable price). Eventually, these individuals upgraded their monitors but wanted to keep the same experience, so they stuck with familiar resolutions and the same aspect ratio (stretched). They are used to this and it's what they're comfortable playing with.

There is no discerning benefit for playing at this aspect ratio over 16:9, or at a lower resolution. If recoil is that hard to manage for you, then I can't help you there (supposedly there's less recoil on a lower resolution with 4:3 stretched, but I'm not sure).

Honestly, if this is supported or not is not really relevant. The only time it would be is if people are still using 4:3 monitors. I'm fairly certain UE 3.5 supports 4:3 (no clue about the engine update though).

To put simply, this was a pointless thread and didn't really need to be brought up. Yeah it looks weird on streams and doesn't show the game in good light, but people do the same stuff on CS:GO etc and have popular streams so who really cares?

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Kempington said:

Why do I have to answer this?

In my understanding, SPCT members are not only testers, but also advisers who can analyze and think. 

I created this topic in order to draw attention to this problem. As it seemed to me, I saw bewilderment on your face when grandmasters killed you again and again. I thought you were unhappy. Khm... Sorry. So it seemed to me, and you are satisfied with the grandmasters and the division of the community into 2 sides: 4:3 and 16:9? 

The benefits of this innovation will be 10 times more than harm. Or no?

16 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

it def adds to the experience, but if the UI is limited to the center monitor doesnt that mean nametags are too?

as far as APB is concerned yes, any UI is confined to the center monitor. an example could be lets say there is an enemy to the left of me or a team mate even ( red name / green name over their head ) if it's on my left or right monitor there is no name tag but as soon as it pans into my middle monitor it is displayed. personally i prefer this in APB as tracking missions markers directions especially would be troublesome if it were one side to the other. most other games i could play would allow any/all UI to be displayed fully across all 3 monitors however which is preferred in their cases. that being said though if i catch someone going to flank me from a side monitor i still turn to them and deal regardless if i see a name tag or not, overall experience is great. 

On 3/10/2019 at 5:50 PM, vfterlife said:

If you are not a novice, then you know that in this game there is a separate "subculture" of players with minimal settings Advanced APB Launcher + stretched image + as a rule, NTEC. This gameplay is a hotbed of toxicity and one of the reasons why players leave the game.

I don't understand how using that is "toxic". Anyone can use that and I guarantee it won't make any silver turn gold.

I'd like to put another incorrect rumour to rest which I've seen in this thread and heard people talk about: Unless someone is using something they shouldn't, Lower resolution does not give less recoil. Period.

Edited by SilverCrow

4 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

I'd like to put another incorrect rumour to rest which I've seen in this thread and heard people talk about: Unless someone is using something they shouldn't, Lower resolution does not give less recoil. Period.

op wants to use "less visual recoil" excuse, but refuses to consider the "less visual fov" downside

cant have it both ways

TL:DR 
There isn't a real problem but Op is trying to make one 🙂

Edited by I3ox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, I3ox said:

TL:DR 
There isn't a real problem but Op is trying to make one 🙂

Lol... Yep.

@vfterlife there is no such thing as support for streched image ... (in game engine)
its able to turn on this in graphic's card settings
1024x768 Fullscreen -> on 22" screen which supports 2550x1440 ... image get streched because of my graphic card supports it ... LMAO
for fixing this firsival fix UI scaling on screen ressolution for 1024 recoil is smaller then for 2550 like almost 2 times
check it with Colby .45

Edited by TheSxW