vfterlife

[important!] Will APB continue to support the stretched image?

On 3/11/2019 at 12:14 AM, Frosi said:

There are downsides to both 4:3 and 16:9. A downside to 4:3 would be a reduction in your field of view which can be quite a massive downside.

This is not a disadvantage, since it is leveled by the fact that the players in the stretched image wave the mouse like crazy from side to side, providing an overview of almost 360 degrees. 

All in all, whether you want to use 4:3 or 16:9 in shooters comes down to personal preference and it should stay that way.

It seems, I said that this trick works in many games, but specifically it is broken in APB. 

Let's be on cleanliness? 
90% of "good players"- use a stretched image. To make it clearer for you, I will say this: everyone who runs in camouflage army pants uses this. 
Do you like these players? If you remove the support of the stretched image - players with camouflage pants will not be 😉
They (and you) set the stretched picture, and scare away more casual players. The community of the game is now divided into two camps: Some with a standard resolution, others with a stretched one. I propose to balance this.

In addition - the ethical side. When you enter a twitch, and you see there every second broadcast with this picture:
 Snimok.1552305999.png

This is unacceptable as well as the current capabilities of the Advanced APB Launcher: APB2019-03-1017-10-30-857.1552306179.png

Obviously, after engine upgrade Advanced APB Launcher it will stop working. Most likely, they will expand the game settings. But they will never allow to set such settings that can be set now using AAL. This is a big step forward. Even more - the termination of support for a stretched resolution, and, as a result, the elimination of grandmasters.

P.S. 10k hours. im not newbie. So that you treat me more seriously - I will say that I have a cannibal mask and my favorite weapon NTEC.

UPD: wtf... oops, excuse? @MattScott Where is my edit button?😫

Edited by vfterlife

4 minutes ago, vfterlife said:

This is not a disadvantage, since it is leveled by the fact that the players in the stretched image wave the mouse like crazy from side to side, providing an overview of almost 360 degrees. 

good argument bro

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vfterlife said:

that’s not how you “level” something pal

16:9 players also “wave the mouse side to side” and they still have a larger fov

I will say this: everyone who runs in camouflage army pants uses this. 
Do you like these players? If you remove the support of the stretched image - players with camouflage pants will not be 😉

lmao yeah right, people are totally going to stop playing because the resolution options changed, do you even hear yourself?

”players with camo pants” are already disappearing, that’s so 2018 

The starter pack doesn't include people who replace A with V.

Really low quality bait.

Edited by Sayori

6 hours ago, vfterlife said:

So you're saying that 4:3's reduced FoV is not a downside since you can /move your mouse/? I can do that on 16:9 aswell but still have a higher FoV compared to 4:3. You make no point here, it feels like you're trying to say that the only reason players in "Camo Pants" beat you is their "broken" 4:3 resolution which has absolutely no positive effect on gameplay other than some added placebo about hitboxes being stretched and therefore seem bigger.

6 hours ago, vfterlife said:

Even more - the termination of support for a stretched resolution, and, as a result, the elimination of grandmasters.

So you essentially want to kill off a part of the community in a 1k pop game, k.

I don't know about you guys but I could never play the game looking like that

On 3/10/2019 at 9:14 PM, Frosi said:

There are downsides to both 4:3 and 16:9. A downside to 4:3 would be a reduction in your field of view which can be quite a massive downside.

Afaik APB did crop to widescreen, i.e. remove the top and bottom (I guess vertical FOV in other words). If this is still the case it creates a tangible technical advantage for using 4:3 over 16:9. Albeit it is "only" more vertical visibility, not the more important horizontal FOV.

4:3 stretched? The heck you smoking?

Proceeds to play at 1440p

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

old video but gets the point of what ultrawide gaming is about. i suppose the way i play the game would blow some minds then. this is 48:9 aspect ratio or 5760x1080 resolution, i am so used to playing the game this way that i can't go back to playing with just a single display lol. to put this in perspective for those who don't know what they're looking at; if you have a single 1080p monitor you see only the center of this video, edge to edge of the user interface and nothing further.

Edited by Sakurachan
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

good afternoon fellow vapist

1529600762935-fake_vape.jpeg

love how the guy's smoking a cig as he sells pods, anyway ill take all of them thx

idk how to quote two responses but i love how @Sakurachan has the UI misaligned because the monitor's too wide lmao

Edited by HQUEEN

5 minutes ago, HQUEEN said:

love how the guy's smoking a cig as he sells pods, anyway ill take all of them thx

idk how to quote two responses but i love how @Sakurachan has the UI misaligned because the monitor's too wide lmao

its actually by design as per nvidia surround. I have three 1080p monitors spanned to create one ultrawide resolution, essentially i am sitting in front 50 inches worth of curved monitors. the idea is that your primary focus is on the center display and the left and right displays are peripheral vision which adds to overall immersion experience. Game UI typically stays in the middle display which is ideal for APB but other games allow you to move UI around. the idea is that the important UI is in direct view whereas other UI could be in peripheral view.

41 minutes ago, Sakurachan said:

its actually by design as per nvidia surround. I have three 1080p monitors spanned to create one ultrawide resolution, essentially i am sitting in front 50 inches worth of curved monitors. the idea is that your primary focus is on the center display and the left and right displays are peripheral vision which adds to overall immersion experience. Game UI typically stays in the middle display which is ideal for APB but other games allow you to move UI around. the idea is that the important UI is in direct view whereas other UI could be in peripheral view.

it def adds to the experience, but if the UI is limited to the center monitor doesnt that mean nametags are too?

On 3/10/2019 at 12:21 PM, Acornie said:

Ok, here's the difference and why you get black bars on other games; you can stretch to your hearts content, any game can be stretched, but newer games are designed for 16:9 resolutions and Apb was designed for 4:3. Will UE3.5 or UE4 change Apb to be designed for 16:9 ratios? Hopefully

Time to go get my good ol' 1280x1024 monitor out just for APB. Hell, I'd probably get decent frames too.

14 hours ago, Frosi said:

it feels like you're trying to say that the only reason players in "Camo Pants" beat you is their "broken" 4:3 resolution which has absolutely no positive effect on gameplay other than some added placebo about hitboxes being stretched and therefore seem bigger.

A SPCT member, first of all, should assess the situation from different angles, and be able to make those decisions that will make the game better (Even if you specifically do not like it, ok?) 
Every third who uses a stretched image plays better than those who use normal resolution.
"Camo pants players" are almost never used with normal resolution and graphics. 
I will repeat an important detail: The players were divided into two camps: Someone uses a stretched image, and someone - normal. Look at other games - nowhere is this. The stretched image is used only in apb. If the players are so massively using the stretched image in this game, then this makes sense. Is not it?

14 hours ago, Frosi said:

So you essentially want to kill off a part of the community in a 1k pop game, k.

Will the game be better if the support for the stretched resolution is removed? Yes. She will be better. No one will scare the ordinary players. You do not like it, but it will be better for the game. Take it. (I also played a lot on the stretched image)

Edited by vfterlife
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Purely visual, wtf are you complaining about?

Having the graphics like that scare new players that is way fortnite didn't left to play with stretched in their tournaments

The same happen with apb if they think the graphics look like that they would think that this is the shittiest gta they have ever seen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RCooper said:

Having the graphics like that scare new players that is way fortnite didn't left to play with stretched in their tournaments

The same happen with apb if they think the graphics look like that they would think that this is the shittiest gta they have ever seen

When I told a friend about apb, he compared it with SAMP 🙄

22 minutes ago, vfterlife said:

When I told a friend about apb, he compared it with SAMP 🙄

That is sad apb is way better in every way

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vfterlife said:

Every third who uses a stretched image plays better than those who use normal resolution.

here's a crazy idea

maybe every 3rd player who uses a stretched image is just a better player than you

giphy.gif

On 3/11/2019 at 2:50 AM, vfterlife said:

Hi everyone.

Now, using Google translator, SORRY I will try to briefly describe one very important aspect that has a strong influence on this game - changing the screen resolution in a game with stretching a image.

The changes that LO make to APB lead to believing that they have serious plans for this game. Since they are breaking into the roots and quietly eliminate the long-standing problems of this game, let me tell you about another problem. A big problem that has a strong influence on this game is the change in resolution in a game with stretching a picture.

If you are not a novice, then you know that in this game there is a separate "subculture" of players with minimal settings Advanced APB Launcher + stretched image + as a rule, NTEC. This gameplay is a hotbed of toxicity and one of the reasons why players leave the game.

The fact is that in APB a stretched picture gives a great advantage over players with normal resolution.
As an example, the difference between normal and stretched resolution is well felt on NTEC and Obeya, as VISUAL returns become less and it is much easier to control. Once again: VISUAL. VI-SU-AL. In fact, this technique works in many games, but specifically in the APB it is broken the most.

I know that in the comments to the post many will say that I am a bad player and do not understand anything, so I invite the members of the SPCT to this topic, in particular - @Kempington 
It seems to me that he knows the most about which category of players I am talking about now, and which category of players I propose to eliminate by removing the support for the stretched image.

There are two options: A and B:

removecheaters.1552230361.jpg

A: The image is stretched, but stripes appear above and below.

B: The image does not stretch, but becomes square, and, as a result, stripes appear along the edges.

Both options will greatly reduce the number of cyber-sportsmen in this game, and will force many players to return. After all, as we know, all the most experienced play with an stretched image, not because it’s easier to play with him, but because there are less lags))

P.S:
apbdefaultpack.1552236421.gif

there is the fact that 

9V239H93tO.jpg

i8K7Zz1L3x.jpg

015gc1W2d5.jpg

what is the meaning of the question ?

• Like 1

I honestly don't see a problem with people playing with stretched res. 
It doesn't give a "big advantage" over anyone since it is mostly a placebo effect from what I've heard people say and anyone can do it, it just comes down to personal preference.

An example would be me. I use 1440x1080 because it feels like I'm moving faster and for some reason, it makes the game a bit more enjoyable

You are also talking about this like this is exclusive to APB, which it isn't.

Stretched resolutions are a thing in almost every single competitive shooters these days.

This thread just gives me the "someone is beating me in the game, they aren't better than me and it's not my fault. I need to find something to blame" vibes

(I can see that ultra wide gives you some advantages but otherwise there is nothing to gain from it)

Edited by I3ox

On 3/11/2019 at 2:19 PM, vfterlife said:

It seems, I said that this trick works in many games, but specifically it is broken in APB. 

Let's be on cleanliness? 
90% of "good players"- use a stretched image. To make it clearer for you, I will say this: everyone who runs in camouflage army pants uses this. 
They (and you) set the stretched picture, and scare away more casual players. The community of the game is now divided into two camps: Some with a standard resolution, others with a stretched one. I propose to balance this.

In addition - the ethical side. When you enter a twitch, and you see there every second broadcast with this picture:
 Snimok.1552305999.png

This is unacceptable as well as the current capabilities of the Advanced APB Launcher: APB2019-03-1017-10-30-857.1552306179.png

Obviously, after engine upgrade Advanced APB Launcher it will stop working. Most likely, they will expand the game settings. But they will never allow to set such settings that can be set now using AAL. This is a big step forward. Even more - the termination of support for a stretched resolution, and, as a result, the elimination of grandmasters.

P.S. 10k hours. im not newbie. So that you treat me more seriously - I will say that I have a cannibal mask and my favorite weapon NTEC.

UPD: wtf... oops, excuse? @MattScott Where is my edit button?😫

10k hours of AFK, seems like you are against game modifications, regadless of apb games like CS:GO and other competitive games that have 4:3 res.

Edited by ReaperTheButcher

33 minutes ago, Yood said:

there is the fact that 

9V239H93tO.jpg

i8K7Zz1L3x.jpg

015gc1W2d5.jpg

what is the meaning of the question ?

I appreciate your work. But I do not think that the viewing angle gives a strong advantage in this game. In any case: the viewing angle is something that cannot be fixed in any game. This is the same factor as ping and fps: everyone has it different.
Stretching images in conjunction with the "plasticine" graphics, gives some imbalance in this game. VISUALLY everything looks bigger and there are no distractions. 
I can’t remember 10 good players with regular resolution. And with a stretched - at least 50. 

• Like 1

honestly...i don't see the issue with stretched image...it's in your nvidia settings. U can't prevent a game from having it.
You can set your default screen resolution in windows on 1024x768 for example and stretch it in your nvidia settings, making your game think thats fullscreen so it won't matter anyways

I appreciate your work. But I do not think that the viewing angle gives a strong advantage in this game. In any case: the viewing angle is something that cannot be fixed in any game. This is the same factor as ping and fps: everyone has it different.
Stretching images in conjunction with the "plasticine" graphics, gives some imbalance in this game. VISUALLY everything looks bigger and there are no distractions. 
I can’t remember 10 good players with regular resolution. And with a stretched - at least 50. 

I appreciate your work. most of the players played with increased User interfase size . QeduPRysIy.jpg

it is not connected in the monitor .

3VBIhL9262.jpg

Edited by Yood