vfterlife

[important!] Will APB continue to support the stretched image?

Hi everyone.

Now, using Google translator, SORRY I will try to briefly describe one very important aspect that has a strong influence on this game - changing the screen resolution in a game with stretching a image.

The changes that LO make to APB lead to believing that they have serious plans for this game. Since they are breaking into the roots and quietly eliminate the long-standing problems of this game, let me tell you about another problem. A big problem that has a strong influence on this game is the change in resolution in a game with stretching a picture.

If you are not a novice, then you know that in this game there is a separate "subculture" of players with minimal settings Advanced APB Launcher + stretched image + as a rule, NTEC. This gameplay is a hotbed of toxicity and one of the reasons why players leave the game.

The fact is that in APB a stretched picture gives a great advantage over players with normal resolution.
As an example, the difference between normal and stretched resolution is well felt on NTEC and Obeya, as VISUAL returns become less and it is much easier to control. Once again: VISUAL. VI-SU-AL. In fact, this technique works in many games, but specifically in the APB it is broken the most.

I know that in the comments to the post many will say that I am a bad player and do not understand anything, so I invite the members of the SPCT to this topic, in particular - @Kempington 
It seems to me that he knows the most about which category of players I am talking about now, and which category of players I propose to eliminate by removing the support for the stretched image.

There are two options: A and B:

removecheaters.1552230361.jpg

A: The image is stretched, but stripes appear above and below.

B: The image does not stretch, but becomes square, and, as a result, stripes appear along the edges.

Both options will greatly reduce the number of cyber-sportsmen in this game, and will force many players to return. After all, as we know, all the most experienced play with an stretched image, not because it’s easier to play with him, but because there are less lags))

//
I am not one of those who say add motorcycles. I am not one of those who say that APB has bad graphics and needs more relistic physics of cars. I am not one of those who say that you need to remove the change in color of the sight on the target in order to get rid of the triggerbots. I know what I'm talking about. I know that the negative consequences to which this change will lead are minimal. It makes a lot of sense.

P.S:
apbdefaultpack.1552236421.gif

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Can't you do this with any game or application? Rhetorical question, you can

Also. if it does give an advantage, it's not a 'great' one, minimal if any. I'd rather not look at derped out graphics than have a theoretical slight advantage

1 minute ago, Acornie said:

Can't you do this with any game or application? Rhetorical question, you can

Can not, if it does not support the game. (Or you can, but with consequences, sacrificing the lack of a part of the interface, for example).
Try to do this with Overwatch - you get the strips on top and bottom, and nothing else.

Just now, vfterlife said:

Can not, if it does not support the game. (Or you can, but with consequences, sacrificing the lack of a part of the interface, for example).
Try to do this with Overwatch - you get the strips on top and bottom, and nothing else.

I dont have Overwatch so I cannot test but it sounds like you dont have your display settings set up right if it isn't stretching, I can stretch my desktop right now and have everything wonky if I so please

1 minute ago, Emcitement said:

You can do stretched and fixed regardless of APB. If you have Nvidia, its built in to the control panel.

Even if APB couldn't have stretched anymore somehow, you could just set your desktop res to something low with stretched. Then play APB in windowed full screen.

I don't think this provides any sort of advantage to players so I'd rather they not touch it...

I studied this question. In games that do not support it - nothing worked. (Overwatch, Apex Legends, Realm Royale, and moreeee)

Just now, vfterlife said:

I studied this question. In games that do not support it - nothing worked. (Overwatch, Apex Legends, Realm Royale, and moreeee)

Ok, here's the difference and why you get black bars on other games; you can stretch to your hearts content, any game can be stretched, but newer games are designed for 16:9 resolutions and Apb was designed for 4:3. Will UE3.5 or UE4 change Apb to be designed for 16:9 ratios? Hopefully

Edited by Acornie
  • Like 3

That ''advantage'' is only in your head. If you're not used to small targets and aiming consider practicing those flaws.

1 hour ago, vfterlife said:

If you are not a novice, then you know that in this game there is a separate "subculture" of players with minimal settings Advanced APB Launcher + stretched image + as a rule, NTEC. This gameplay is a hotbed of toxicity and one of the reasons why players leave the game.

what

if you can’t handle someone playing on lower settings perhaps internet gaming isn’t for you?

• Like 1

Stretched is a meme and a placebo.

Keep it, remove it, I couldn't care less.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

what

if you can’t handle someone playing on lower settings perhaps internet gaming isn’t for you?

Oh, and that's another thing, i still haven't heard of anyone leaving because others play in sweatscreen

There are downsides to both 4:3 and 16:9. A downside to 4:3 would be a reduction in your field of view which can be quite a massive downside. Meanwhile stretching the resolution adds the placebo effect of seemingly "larger" hitboxes as they are stretched to either side. I am personally running 4:3 resolutions with BLACK BARS simply because it feels a whole lot better to me, that being said, I played everything from 1440x900 Windowed to Fullscreen resolutions at 1920x1080, 1024x762 Stretched and Black Bars and I personally found 1024x762 to be my favorite.  All in all, whether you want to use 4:3 or 16:9 in shooters comes down to personal preference and it should stay that way.

Edited by Frosi
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

i don't get why you'd use 4:3 regardless of stretch if you have a 16:9 monitor. you're just killing FOV and for what reason? the sensitivity is exactly the same pixel-per-pixel.

if you want to play 4:3, get a CRT 4:3 90hz monitor and relive CS 1.7 days on that. some people still swear those things are still the best.

only thing i can think of an "advantage" for 4:3 is it's making you more focused on one particular angle, whereas 16:9 can be overwhelming for some people. too much going on.

33 minutes ago, Healt said:

but what if you stretch 16:9 to 21:9? 🤔

That's a ban.

At this point you might as well complain about people who are able to get more than 100 fps with a 144hz monitor or above lmao. How about focusing on balancing the actual game instead of whining about something that you can do in pretty much every shooter ever.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, gold said:

At this point you might as well complain about people who are able to get more than 100 fps with a 144hz monitor or above lmao.

100fps is literally cheating, the human eye can't even see more than 24fps anyway. 😡

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kiida said:

100fps is literally cheating, the human eye can't even see more than 24fps anyway. 😡

See... Kiida gets it.

33 minutes ago, Kiida said:

H-how can they cheat with 100 fps if they cant see it? Cyborg eye implants?

im gonna need a new pod after reading all of the comments

54 minutes ago, HQUEEN said:

im gonna need a new pod after reading all of the comments

good afternoon fellow vapist

1529600762935-fake_vape.jpeg

ppl be hitting the crack pipe and getting on the forums straight afterwards 

• Like 1

nothing like having a smaller field of view than the people who play on 16:9

• Like 1