Easych

Time to share screenshots!

@Mattscott , why are you embarrassed to show screenshots of apb for UE 3.5? 

Yes, now it is very broken and not ready for release, but the screenshots... I want screenshots. Or your plan to keep the intrigue to the end? 😯 

eX-FQEZ5qRY.jpg

V41o8AjTdvg.jpg

I hope this does not look like this cartoon and bright

Edited by Easych

12 minutes ago, Easych said:

I rather like the brighter colors, with more substantial contrast. The coloring looks quite vivid, and much better than the duller and more monotone shaders we have now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sergsininia said:

I rather like the brighter colors, with more substantial contrast. The coloring looks quite vivid, and much better than the duller and more monotone shaders we have now.

And, it means if we shut bloom of it wont be as drab any more, honestly think it'll look really nice with bloom shut off in the new engine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nanometic said:

And, it means if we shut bloom of it wont be as drab any more, honestly think it'll look really nice with bloom shut off in the new engine.

Yep, quite what I was going for, but without the specific know.

I'd also like to see the elimination of the fog

• Like 1

I like the pretty colors.

Hopefully we'll also be able to get rid of the low res symbols on items. 

1 hour ago, Easych said:

@Mattscott , why are you embarrassed to show screenshots of apb for UE 3.5? 

Yes, now it is very broken and not ready for release, but the screenshots... I want screenshots. Or your plan to keep the intrigue to the end? 😯 

You can alredy get many screenshots you wish, or videos, how you prefer, and btw the game will not looks like that on pc, look on the engine upgrade leak version, is an old one but is much different and detailed than PS4/XB1.

Edited by Guest

3.5 engine graphic looks like shit ... I think graphic we have right now looks way better than this :V

• Like 3

3 hours ago, _chain said:

I like the pretty colors.

Hopefully we'll also be able to get rid of the low res symbols on items. 

This is all I want, but I installed the PS4 version and it looked like it was being run on the lowest settings on the Advanced launcher, I got in a taxi for example and it was all a blur.

Not to mention the lag, that was awful.

Edited by UnviablePlum

1 hour ago, UnviablePlum said:

but I installed the PS4 version and it looked like it was being run on the lowest settings on the Advanced launcher, I got in a taxi for example and it was all a blur.

the console version is pretty shit and even at those apparently low settings it already runs laggy. Won't be like that over on pc, so don't worry. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UnviablePlum said:

This is all I want, but I installed the PS4 version and it looked like it was being run on the lowest settings on the Advanced launcher, I got in a taxi for example and it was all a blur.

Not to mention the lag, that was awful.

Console versions are badly optimized and suffer from a lot of issues regarding streaming of assets - which is why you see blurry textures that take like half an hour to load and the blocky versions of buildings, areas etc..

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I'll never understand wanting to see an unfinished product. 

everyone wants to feel like they're in on the secret, even if the secret sucks

19 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I'll never understand wanting to see an unfinished product. 

Even if it's not a finished project a lot will never understand why not show anything and keep it a secret, especially if it's so close to release

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

I'd also like to see the elimination of the fog

jeez for a second i thought that was the *other* f-word

Hi all,

I realize there is quite a bit of hype around the engine upgrade.

My reluctance to show screenshots is purely because we aren’t quiet done yet with some core level re-writing on multithreaded rendering, lighting, or shaders.

In a community like APB, I know I’m not going to make everyone happy. There are too many artistic opinions about which era of the game looked best. 

So it’s important that we show off images that will actually be representative of the final product, so we can set expectations properly and make a majority of the players happy.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Essentially pulling a Cyberpunk 2077, but no press.

34 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

I realize there is quite a bit of hype around the engine upgrade.

My reluctance to show screenshots is purely because we aren’t quiet done yet with some core level re-writing on multithreaded rendering, lighting, or shaders.

In a community like APB, I know I’m not going to make everyone happy. There are too many artistic opinions about which era of the game looked best. 

So it’s important that we show off images that will actually be representative of the final product, so we can set expectations properly and make a majority of the players happy.

Thanks,

Matt

I mean, RP shared quite a bit of screenshots and even a video from asylum...
I get where you're coming from and why it's risky to share more stuff.. (although a lot has actually been shared already + the console versions are out for years, so that's that.)
but maybe you could just "watermark" the screens with a small text like "not final product / rendering, lighting, shaders may vary in final product" or whatever 👍

• Like 5

cmon spct this is ur time to get sued shine

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

we aren’t quiet done yet

Hmm, smells like not be ready for Easter. Maybe summer? Or am I too hopeful... Christmas then?

If you want to see unfisnished 3.5 just google up some APB console pics.

GG EZ

You're welcome.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Hmm, smells like not be ready for Easter. Maybe summer? Or am I too hopeful... Christmas then?

it’ll probably be done when it’s done