Sign in to follow this  
Nitronik

Premium cooldown reduction is blatantly Pay-to-Win

Premium cooldown reduction is blatantly Pay-to-Win  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Premium account cooldown reduction be removed?

• Yes! Remove the advantage for Premium accounts
    • No! Keep the advantage for Premium accounts

I agree that it's P2W, I don't think anyone can argue about it, I am also more often than not without premium, but I think it should be kept, the disadvantage of it is still minor, but it may feel like a bigger bonus to encourage people to buy premium and keep the game funded.

Also, IMO the biggest advantage of this is Nitro, when not in a mission, for people doing stunts and stuff, so, though the reduction is a welcome thing, in this specific case (non mission) it's not P2W as there is no fight

10 minutes ago, CanadianInfidel said:

If these kids with 0 dollars could stop crying about everything in this game, trying to micro manage the company rather than gain meaningful employment to sustain their gaming addictions would be nice. Stop trying to nerf the world, suck it up and move on. Dont like that other players have shorter cooldown timers?  cough up 7$ and go premium you bum.

so we should just throw a one shot kill hvr variant on armas for the next loyalty reward right? im thinking $1000 USD should be fine right? after all if you want to be on an even playing field just "cough up" some cash right?

weird flex but im pretty sure i have more active premium than you, ive definitely spent more money on apb than you, and i think this should be fixed - where does that factor on your scale of "penniless kid" to "big banana spender" ?

Edited by BXNNXD
typo

I agree with the version of Flaws. If you remove this feature, then let them leave all the cooldown premium players. I do not want to wait 2 minutes .. it's an eternity

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I should have commented on this sooner.

There is an active plan already in the works to remove the cooldown benefit from Premium. However I wanted to have a new benefit for Premium ready, so we can give Premium players something else to help create new value for their subscription.

I’ll announce the new Premium benefit soon.

Thanks,

Matt

That's very cool to hear , but there's still one question here , will everyone have the premium cooldowns , or premium players just won't have halved cooldown anymore ? , i'd like to see everyone havig lower cooldowns to be honest .

oh yeah also about the new premium benefit why do i feel like it's gonna be free carspawn .

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, CanadianInfidel said:

If these kids with 0 dollars could stop crying about everything in this game, trying to micro manage the company rather than gain meaningful employment to sustain their gaming addictions would be nice. Stop trying to nerf the world, suck it up and move on. Dont like that other players have shorter cooldown timers?  cough up 7$ and go premium you bum.

So what happens if I post a picture of my account status being Premium? 🙂

21 minutes ago, Ketog said:

That's very cool to hear , but there's still one question here , will everyone have the premium cooldowns , or premium players just won't have halved cooldown anymore ? , i'd like to see everyone havig lower cooldowns to be honest .

With the cooldowns out of the picture I guess this can now be discussed

Edited by Nitronik

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

There is an active plan already in the works to remove the cooldown benefit from Premium. However I wanted to have a new benefit for Premium ready, so we can give Premium players something else to help create new value for their subscription.

Thanks,

Matt

If your looking for ideas for "premium incentives" i got a few,

- Spawn cars for free (it's only 100$)

- A free (7day trial) gun each week or fortnight.

- List items on marketplace for longer "7 days"

- More consumable rewards per mission

- Able to do more daily activities per day (instead of 5 per day , 10 per day)

- Out of bounds zone removed when not in a mission (ok i'm joking a little but it was fun before OFB existed.)

These are just some of the ideas I have, feel free to use any , all or even none of them.

2 hours ago, Zolerox said:

- Out of bounds zone removed when not in a mission (ok i'm joking a little but it was fun before OFB existed.)

These are just some of the ideas I have, feel free to use any , all or even none of them.

I really like those highlighted, personally - maybe limit listings to 48h instead of 7days (up from 24 currently)

Edited by Nitronik
different highlights

List items on marketplace for longer "7 days"

i think this would be a pretty huge premium draw, iirc its something thats been asked for for years

the drawback would be more potential mp clutter, but tbh i doubt it would be all that much worse than it is now

• Like 1

Weapon leases would add significant value to premium I have to say. Could be simplified down to a monthly rotation. Kinda like the idea of that. Maybe with a special premium discount for that month to encourage a permanent purchase. Win-win for both sides of the fence. 

Anyways, other random ideas for LO:

• Discounted car spawn costs 25-50% - free seems extreme and removes one of few moneysinks
  • Discounted ammo costs - might go hand-in-hand with reduced car spawn costs
  • Free item per month - could be a clothing item, weapon lease, etc
  • Opportunity to receive weapon leases from mission rewards - doubt there is any kind of system for that, but I had to shill my favorite idea that much more. Desperately want missions to have a rare chance of rewarding something of note. Give people a reason to play all the way through a mission and in general encourage people to do 'em LO!
  • X month subscribed rewards - room for a few possible variations on this. Could have it simply be "buy 12 months get X item" or reward based on total premium time elapsed. Reasoning behind this would be to both add in something shiny to aim for whilst encouraging people to buy premium. Shouldn't clash with the total G1C spent rewards, or might it? Hm. Still the buying X premium time portion of this may function nicely for an upcoming promotion. Assuming the backend for the store allows for that.. I know it isn't exactly pretty

Not sure what combination of things would be best. Just slapping down some random idle thoughts on what LO could do. In addition to your intriguing suggestions of course @Zolerox.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MattScott said:

However I wanted to have a new benefit for Premium ready, so we can give Premium players something else to help create new value for their subscription.

Is it more clothing and outfit slots? I really hope it's more clothing and outfit slots.

(Seriously just tell me how much money I need to throw at you to get more clothing and outfit slots.)

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

so we should just throw a one shot kill hvr variant on armas for the next loyalty reward right? im thinking $1000 USD should be fine right? after all if you want to be on an even playing field just "cough up" some cash right?

Sniper-Gun-Backwards--38939.jpg

This is the only 1 shot kill HVR I want to see in game.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zolerox said:

- Spawn cars for free (it's only 100$) ☝️👍

• Like 1

where is the,

Yes, make the premium times the default value.

Answer?

because Nitro frequency is a lot more fun with the premium times, 2min are ages in San Paro.

• Like 2

Let me know the number of missions you won because you had premium.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Matt

Oh great. We better not have to wait 2 minutes just to use Nitro, everyone should get the current premium cooldown or it should remain as it is or this thread has just made the cooldown situation even worse, waiting 2 minutes just to use Nitro is completely ridiculous, and is the main reason I actually bought premium recently.

18 hours ago, CanadianInfidel said:

Completely agree, how players who haven't spent a penny on the game have any say is beyond me.

23 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Matt

Awesome, that's great to hear.  But please for the love of god apply the current premium cool downs to everyone and don't just leave everyone with the non-premium cool downs.  2 minutes to re-use Nitro is a freakin eternity for what that mod does.

• Like 2

I have honestly never noticed any difference in cool-downs. That said, the main reason I use Premium is for character and vehicle customisation.

10 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

Wouldn't every mission won while spamming things like spotter count?

Cuz if so, thousands. 

11 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

having double the nitro made it piss easy to catch up to runners

12 hours ago, SilverCrow said:

laughs in blowtorch

Mehh ... premium, vip ... its so 2010. Most of games already abandon this idea. I dont get it why APB still have it, everyone knows that best way to earn money from games is microtransactions. 

Remove premium and start on pumping up armas with new cars, skins, clothings, weapons, mods, symbols, animations etc... This game could be literally gold mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Mehh ... premium, vip ... its so 2010. Most of games already abandon this idea. I dont get it why APB still have it, everyone knows that best way to earn money from games is microtransactions. 

Remove premium and start on pumping up armas with new cars, skins, clothings, weapons, mods, symbols, animations etc... This game could be literally gold mine.

premium is still a microtransaction and a rather stable one at that, especially with the auto re-up function

i imagine its much nicer to say "x amount of people will pay for premium this month, in addition to other sales" than "we need x amount of people to spend x money this month"

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

premium is still a microtransaction and a rather stable one at that, especially with the auto re-up function

i imagine its much nicer to say "x amount of people will pay for premium this month, in addition to other sales" than "we need x amount of people to spend x money this month"

Well true, but who even buys premium in this days ? I mean if player is max lvl or simple not desinger, he's not gonna buy premium. 

Example me ... 2013-19 i buy premium only 2 times, i rather get cool weapon or nice car instead of boost that i might run out before i have time to use it. XD

On 3/6/2019 at 12:08 PM, CanadianInfidel said:

I like winning because I'm better rather than relying on paid advantages. 

But I guess that's where we differ.

Btw nearing $6,000 spent on APB, and have never been without premium. 

1 hour ago, PoundOfFlesh said:

#truth

lktphUt.jpg

ngl, I am disappointed to see you join this bandwagon.

Sign in to follow this